Speculative Vision Science Fiction and Fantasy scifi fantasy forum
    HOME | ART | FORUM | ARCADE | LIBRARY | NETWORK
Scifi and Fantasy Forum: Television: The Third Eye: Archive through Aug 15, 2004

Archive through Aug 15, 2004

We have moved to new forum software and posting here is closed!

PLEASE BOOKMARK THE NEW FORUMS

Posted By: View Profile/ContactIxion Aug 04, 2003 - 12:49 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Does anyone else remember The Third Eye? It aired on Nickelodeon in the early 80s. It was a set of different sci-fi series dealing with supernatural and/or unexplained events. I've not seen much quality sci-fi programming come from that network since. Are You Afraid of the Dark tried, but it was too "childish".

One of the series involved a boy and girl (brother/sister maybe?) who were each given a glowing stone, one red, one blue. I don't remember what they were used for, but I do remember there being large creatures living in underground tunnels on an island off-shore. The boy and girl needed to go there to stop them from doing something. The creatures resembled Cousin It from the Addam's Family, except taller, more hideous-looking, and covered in a seaweed-like texture.

Another had something to do with one of the stone circles seen in many Great Britain's countrysides. It involved a presumptuous young boy who was lead to believe a tale that something (perhaps a curse) had turned people into stone, and that the circle in question, which resembled human figures, really was that.

Posted By: View Profile/ContactChrisf21 Oct 19, 2003 - 01:21 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Yes, I remember the The Third Eye series as a kid. It was on Nickelodean. There were several stories. The Haunting of Cassie Palmer, Into the Labyrinth, Children of the Stones, and something with the word mountain in it...

I remember all of them, inlcluding the one with the alien like creatures and the stones that glowed... I use to have them on tape (from tv) and am desperate to get them again on U.S. VHS or DVD. Help!

I also remember a today's special called "The Witches and the Grinnygog.

Posted By: View Profile/ContactBlackdragonkungfu Oct 26, 2003 - 06:27 am Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

I watched those shows too and remember them well. They were primarily responsible in making me into a "magical thinker" as a child....a condition I later became highly annoyed by. Anyway, The Third Eye would come on after 'Black Beauty' (another British show, right? "Under the Mountain" was the other show. I remember one episode where the 'bro and sis' came upon a creepy guy sitting on a park bench (who resembled the hotel clerk in the movie Dagon). To prove that he was special or somthing, he held his hand over a candle flame for a long time without feeling pain. The Third Eye has never been seen by anyone I've talked to until today. Cool

Posted By: View Profile/Contactlyrehc7 Dec 08, 2003 - 09:42 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

I thought I was the only one who remembered "The Third Eye." That program rocked! I thought it was on Nick, but figured I was remembering wrong. I'd love to get it on tape/dvd, too. Let me know if anyone finds it. Thanks!

Posted By: View Profile/ContactChrimsun Jan 11, 2004 - 04:45 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Hi, I'm chrimsun a new member here. Under the Mountain is the other title in the Third Eye series. That came from New Zealand.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0202769/

Good News! This series is being redone, by the same creator of the original!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0301969/

Don't know if it's finished yet, haven't heard. By the way I have Children of the Stones on DVD (VCD?) if anyone is interested in trading I can put it on VHS if you have something I'm interested in. I Look forward to visiting the forum!

Posted By: View Profile/ContactChrimsun Jan 11, 2004 - 04:49 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Oh yeah, more on the Third Eye. Boy that brings back memories...

http://www.johnsrealmonline.com/classicnick/thirdeye/main.html

Posted By: View Profile/ContactBmat Jan 12, 2004 - 02:01 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Welcome to the site, Chrimsun!

Posted By: View Profile/Contactdiesel929 Jan 16, 2004 - 10:50 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

i am desprately trying to find all of the nickelodeon "the third eye" episodes i can on vhs or dvd. i am in the states, too. for a very long time i thought i had dreamt up many of the features of "into the labyrinth" and "children of the stones." they have even melded together somewhat in my memory. somehow i had remembered rothgo in a scene with the slug creatures from "under the mountain." (!)

Posted By: View Profile/ContacttEm0dIuM Jan 23, 2004 - 06:15 am Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Please do not post links or instructions for obtaining ripped, hacked, bootleg, pirate, etc. files on this forum. - edited by The Master

Posted By: View Profile/ContacttEm0dIuM Jan 23, 2004 - 12:11 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

ok, sorry

I have

- Chocky
- Children of the Stones
- 1x1 Into the Labrynth - Rothgo

tem0dium@yahoo.es

Posted By: View Profile/ContactWitty42 Jan 25, 2004 - 03:40 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Does anyone remember a similar show on Nick that the kids had a special belt that allowed them to teleport to different areas. Was this part of the Third Eye?

Posted By: View Profile/ContactBmat Jan 25, 2004 - 04:07 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

The Tomorrow People

http://24.195.37.133/epub/tp/vocab.htm

Posted By: View Profile/ContactDarkThero Feb 11, 2004 - 04:08 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Looking to BUY episodes of the New Tomorrow People, The Third Eye and The Witches of Grinnygog.

Justin
DarkThero@hotmail.com

Posted By: View Profile/ContactBmat Feb 11, 2004 - 04:17 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Have you tried Amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com?

Posted By: View Profile/ContactDarkThero Feb 12, 2004 - 02:31 am Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

This guy seems to have all the episodes of 'Third Eye,' and is selling: [link deleted]

[Despite the disclaimer there, it seems obvious that illegal copies are being sold. SV does not permit advertising sales, trading, etc, of illegal copies. Bmat]

Posted By: View Profile/Contactfell_beast May 14, 2004 - 09:40 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

I would pay top dollar to get my hands on any of those episodes! Any info on where to find them!?

Thanks,

Eric

Posted By: View Profile/Contactchairbite Jul 12, 2004 - 08:51 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

Dudes...
I'm a fellow fan of these shows.
My advice to you, get an affordable region free dvd player(i got one off amazon.com) and then start browsing amazon.co.uk website!!!
They have it all.
Timeslip,Tripods,Children of the Stones,Moonbase 3, Survivors,The Stone Tapes,Tomorrow People(box sets of the seasons),Quartermass Conclusion,and so much more!
They are about to release starcops as well!!
Now if only they'd release the 1980s version of day of the triffids, id be complete!
Happy Hunting!
micah_moore@yahoo.com

Posted By: View Profile/Contactjinuwine1 Jul 19, 2004 - 10:08 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

i hadn't even started school yet when i started watching this show so, i must of been 3-4 years old and, this show really scared the •••• out of me. what a creepy show to have on a children's network. who else would be at home at the times it aired but kids too young for school and mothers that just sat their kids in front of the television sets, not knowing their kids are crapping their pants because some thing has a big old scary ass third eye. it'd be cool to get my hands on those shows so i can watch them as a grown up.

Posted By: View Profile/ContactMagus Jul 20, 2004 - 07:00 am Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

I never heard if this show till now, but it sounds interesting. I was more of an "Are You Afraid of the Dark" kid myself. I remember when I was really young I'd change the channel half-way through. When I got a little older I'd watch the entire episodes and love them.

Posted By: View Profile/Contactmhanson321 Aug 15, 2004 - 03:41 pm Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page/Submit ReplyRight click to create a link to this message  Search for posts by this user

It's very reassuring that there are people out there that remember all of these shows (Tomorrow People, Under the Mountain, Into the Labyrinth, Children of the Stones). For a while, I had thought that I dreamed them all up with an 11 year old vivid imagination (which is how old I was when the shows aired in the US). Thanks for bringing back some memories.

sci-fi and fantasy forum menu

Discussion
Main Topics
List All Topics

Search
By Date
By Keywords

Speculative Vision Science Fiction and Fantasy © 1996 - 2001 Brad Richardson. All rights reserved.
privacy policy