Skip to Content

Morality of Copyright

by nightlock

It appears to me as though very few people ever consider the moral side of copyright material. A few hours ago I was reading a Dutch geek news website and in between all the new hardware, new electronics, and new software there are newsposts about countries trying to make piracy look like murder. In Sweden, the creators of 'The Pirate Bay' are on trial for public distribution of copyrighted material or at least for providing a common ground for people to distribute copyrighted material. In New Zealand and France, laws are being written that will allow them to ban people from the internet alltogether when they are found to be in so called illegal possession of copy righted material. In France, they apparantly want to go through a third time's a charm kind of ritual. Two warnings and on the third offense 3 months to a year without internet.
In Canada, ISOhunt, a torrentsite has started a trial, requesting the judge to claim TorrentSites are fully legal companies.

It's absurd, really. I think...

[ Continued ]

Read New Awakenings

"This is here." :smt104

re-growth

by nightlock

Nightlock wrote:As the time has flown by, many things happened in my life since the last time I visited this site.

Time fled past me like an intercity train going through a small station. We are painfully aware of it's passing, as it's displacement affects us, and it's noise silences our conversations. But it's gone by so fast that we cannot react, cannot impact and cannot influence it's passing. Events in our lives are like the passengers, you recognize their faces but before you can say anything to them, they've gone.

Continuing this (ultimately flawed) analogy, I've watched several intercities race on by me and am now keenly aware of my train about to enter the station and halt at the platform I've inhabited for the past 2 years. Not only have the intercities kept me from visiting Speculative Vision, they've kept me from writing completely. I look forward to boarding the next train, and finally get my life rolling again.

As before, a multitude...

[ Continued ]

Read New Awakenings

re-evolve

by nightlock

The writer formerly known as Havoc makes another stab in the general direction of his creative side.
As the time has flown by, many things happened in my life since the last time I visited this site. Older, hopefully wiser and with a mild enthusiasm I will try to make this a fresh start. For the time being however, I will remain a silent observer on the forums, while I suck up the available inspiration. I will write, I will read my own work and improve upon it. Then slowly re-integrate into speculative vision.

As for now, I wonder how many people will end up on this blog thingy before I post in the forums and how many of those remember my ill-tempers of the past. Time will tell, I guess.

Read New Awakenings

3 blog entries • Page 1 of 1

Archives
- March 2009
Morality of Copyright
   Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:35 am

+ September 2008
Friends
  • Friends Online
    No Friends Online
  • Friends Offline