Social Networking
   Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 pm

+ August 2008
Friends

Search Blogs

Feed

Social Networking

Permanent Linkby The Master on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:49 pm

I know, I'm like years behind on this stuff! Still, recently I have been exploring social networking sites and thought I would share my impressions of them. So without further ado:

My Space: I can see its appeal...a free little webpage of your own and a way to network with your friends. I also think its clever that bands have successfully used it to gain an audience and even record deals. I don't care for it much personally though. I think it skews quite young, and most of the pages are incredibly gaudy often the point that you can't even read the text. I'm sure the fact that I have a website already lessens its appeal.

Facebook: I located my old college roommate and a friend I had lost touch with that ended up in Brazil (!). That right there pushes Facebook up into the "totally works" category. I like that I have been able to get in touch with a lot of my relatives all over the country. I feel a lot more connected to their lives,...

[ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 2991 times

Speculative Vision has Blogs!

Permanent Linkby The Master on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Speculative Vision is very pleased to provide blogs for its members. We deeply regret that our old blogs could not be converted to our new forum software and thank you for your understanding. We hope that you will love the new blogs as much as you did the old blogs!

Please note that in order to cut down on spam posting we do not automatically enable blogs for every account. If you already had a blog from the old forums you have automatically been given one of our new blogs.

To obtain a blog:
  • You must have any rank higher than "Just Registered" to have a blog.
  • Access the User Control Panel.
  • Select the "Usergroups" tab.
  • Select the "Bloggers" group by clicking the check box to the right of it.
  • At the bottom be sure "Join Selected"...
  • [/list]
    [ Continued ]

0 Comments Viewed 3017 times