+ September 2010
+ August 2010
+ December 2008
+ September 2008
Friends

Search Blogs

The Nine Lives of Sammy the cat

Permanent Linkby Bmat on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:49 pm

Sammy was found at a house that was being shown for sale. He was one of a box of kittens that had been abandoned there, and he was the only one who lived.

Sammy's owner left Sammy and another cat without food. When my son learned of this, he went and took both cats. There was no food in the house, and the cats were starving. He brought the cats to our house, where they immediately went to the food dishes and started eating. Sammy still guards the food dish, and he gets nervous when the dish is empty.

Shortly after we adopted Sammy, he fell and broke one of his hind legs. He had surgery to insert a rod. He did well during his recuperation, which involved putting him in a crate most of the time to keep him as inactive as possible.

During a routine tooth cleaning a year ago, Sammy's heart stopped under anesthesia. The vet said they spent a great deal of time trying to get him to come back, which he did finally, but blind. I was trying to figure out about dealing with a blind cat, but by the end of the day, his vision came back.

I just wrote about our latest experience with Sammy when a clot caused his right front leg to be paralyzed. We had made an appointment that was likely to be his last, but the evening before he managed to pull through, again.

OK, so not really 9 lives, but he's a good cat who has been through a lot.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not sure.
 0 Comments Viewed 3735 times