• Friends Online
    No Friends Online

Friends Offline

Search Blogs

Feed
Next

Freezin' For A Reason.

Permanent Linkby Qray on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:00 pm

I took the Polar Plunge yesterday. The air temperature was in the single digits and I heard it was the second coldest plunge day in the 13 years they've been doing it at this location, but it didn't seem that bad. The event raised $191,190 for Special Olympics, which is cool.

0 Comments Viewed 17229 times

You will be remembered, Marco.

Permanent Linkby Qray on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:25 am

More often than not, Marco Simoncelli rode beyond the limits of his bike, his skill, and the track. Many times that ended up with him or other riders going down, but with some temperament to his exuberance and his willingness to try the untriable, he would have been challenging for the Championship within a year or two. Sadly, he won't get that chance.

He was a talent both on and off the track that we won't see again for some time. MotoGP and the World seems a little dimmer having lost Marco at the young age of 24. Rest In Peace, SuperSic. You will be remembered.

Ciao Sic!

[ Continued ]
Last edited by Qray on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

1 Comment Viewed 8711 times

Ronin Jedi FTW!

Permanent Linkby Qray on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Yet another reason being Dark Side sucks...

0 Comments Viewed 20747 times

You don't want that. I just coughed on it.

Permanent Linkby Qray on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 am

I am sick.

Q, you've always been sick.

Yeah, but this isn't the normal handcuffs and whipped creme variety. This is the coughing, stuffy nose, and sore throat kind.

The coughing is what's rather worrying as I've never coughed this bad. I cough for such a long period of time that I have trouble simply breathing afterwards and both my chest my head hurts.

In short, it sucks.

I don't have any health insurance, so I haven't gone to the doctor, but Dagny has and she's just as sick. Her doctor gave her codeine syrup, steroids, antibiotics, and something else.

So...yeah. To review, it sucks.

1 Comment Viewed 21524 times

5 Ways Hi-Tech Retailers Are Secretly Screwing You.

Permanent Linkby Qray on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am

5 Ways Hi-Tech Retailers Are Secretly Screwing You.

By Travis Harder

Feb 15, 2011

...there are a million little ways retailers can screw you on what you buy. But maybe nowhere is this more common than in the world of high-tech gadgets, where the customers are always going to be a little more ignorant of what they're buying. So it opens up whole new realms of dickishness, like ...

#5. Forcing You to Toss Perfectly Good (and Expensive) Printer Ink
So, you're printing off your homework assignment/office report/ransom note/whatever, when your printer runs out of black ink. Well, time to drop (if you're lucky) $24 on a new cartridge.

If you ask one of the printer manufacturers why its ink costs more than fine wine, they'll tell you it's because a lot goes into those...

[ Continued ]
Last edited by Qray on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

0 Comments Viewed 3324 times