speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Fireplace Writers Coffee Shop

Have a great idea you want to kick around? Let's hear about it!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Fireplace Writers Coffee Shop

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:42 am

It's funny how old habits spring back to life and go hand in hand.

I say I started writing once again in December (still unsure where I want to go with it) and decided it was time once again to come to the website that I called home for so many years. I would have to say it is a very good feeling on both. Writing has always been a very good outlet for the stress everyday life puts on me and I am pleased to say after about eight years of it laying dormant the old flame still ignites brighter than ever. I hope that once again our dear website will be alive once more as well
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Bmat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm

I agree Talon.

I'm glad to see you back writing, too. :)
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Trust me I am too Bmat
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

At the moment I'm trying to train myself to dedicate sometime each day too it but unfortunately I can't always do that

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:58 am

So I've been lazy here of late lol. I've been having trouble getting motivated to actually sit down and write and to be honest it's driving me nuts to say the least. I have plenty of ideas on old and new story ideas. I just can't seem to put the pen to the paper so to speak. Does anyone have any pointers that may help?

Warning: If no one posts here I will be forced to start another thread. You have been warned :twisted:

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby kingbtd » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:50 pm

Getting away from the daily grind seems to do it for me. Do something else for a while. Something you enjoy...go fishing. But don't take my advice: I talk to myself (aloud) in public places and I don't care that people step away from me. Cheers.

ps Just remember that when you do finally write again to never forget rule number six from Kurt Vonnegut's tips on how to write a great story: "Be a Sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them-in order that the reader may see what they are made of."
kingbtd
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:32 am

I'm not familiar with Vonnegut's tips. I like the one you quoted. It shows an explanation about why bad things happen to movie characters, too.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby kingbtd » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:38 am

I haven't read all of Vonnegut's stuff, but a lot. I'm more partial to him because I live within an eye's view of the slaughterhouses. As for bad things happening to characters, it makes sense. Cheers!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Previous

Return to Suggestions and Ideas