speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Chaos Universe

Share your genre short stories with our readers and get feedback on your work.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Chaos Universe

Postby kingbtd » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:40 pm

I just got around to reading this gem. By the end of the 6000 words the reader is definitely drawn into the story. The first part, the dream scene, uses, what I find to be, complex prose. For some reason, Wicked, pops in my mind, and the style that that guy used -- but don't quote me on that. I read that book over twenty years ago, and maybe my vintage mind is just playing jokes on me. Anyway, I'm not capable of writing with that kind of perspective. Respect. And then after the awakening from stasis, the story and its protagonist bring the reader into gear. A bit of confusion or uncertainty. New characters. Tension. I like action in my sci-fi. Nothing better than a plate full of meat and potatoes, violence and destruction, so long as it's followed by a big hope filled leap into the oppressive silence of space! Post some more chapters soon. Cheers from Dresden!!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:20 am

Thank you king. Believe it or not this idea started out as a way to get my brain stretched out to start writing again. About halfway through that chapter I decided I wanted it to be a project. This was my first attempt at 1st person perspective as well as a strict laser cannon firing sci-fi story as well and thus far I'm oretty happy with it. I know I have been saying this a lot but the second chapter will be posted sometime during January to early Febuary, Christmas is keeping me busy right now.

I am very glad you liked it
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby kingbtd » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:24 am

I'm looking forward to reading more. Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Previous

Return to SF/F Short Stories and Novel Excerpts