bored

General fiction short stories not related to Science Fiction, Fantasy, or Horror.

Moderator: Bmat

dark2dalc
New User
New User

bored

Post by dark2dalc »

“I’m going to die tonight Trish.”

Her fingers covered her face, and tears rolled over her fingernails and ran down her hands. She cowered over me, and the bright light of the ambulance was getting brighter, and her picture was fading.

“You son of a *beep* John!” She yelped. Her face was now completely buried in her hands, and her hair was messy like she had just ridden in a convertible. I smiled, knowing she would have been complaining under normal circumstances.

I glanced down towards my belly, where my hands were covered with blood. I didn’t really understand where I was bleeding from.

“Why? Why did you do it John?” My eyes slowly shifted to see that her hands no longer covered her face. It was soft and beautiful, but her eyes were trembling and red and moist. I did not have the strength to slowly caress her cheeks like I wanted. She then reached down to my own face, and wiped tears of mine away.

I started to sing, just with barely enough breath. “You’ll remember me, when the west wind moves..”

Another yelp. “Stop John. Save your strength. Just breathe.”

“Upon the fields of barley…You’ll forget the sun, in the jealous sky…

Her crying was loud, but she paused and took a deep a deep breathe as she wiped her hands on her blouse.

“When we walk in the fields of gold…”

She grudgingly smiled, a smile that looked like a frown somehow as her eyes closed for another set of tears. “You’re going to put me to sleep.”

We laughed.

“Why did she die so young?”

Trish waved her arms in confusion as the tears started to pour. She seemed frustrated at first, but then just smiled. “You know I always saw you cry when you listened to that song John.”

I nodded and smiled. “Liar.”

The paramedic put his hand on her shoulder, and shook his head.

Do you love me? I couldn’t bring myself to say it, I had done enough already.

“I always loved you John. I know you don’t believe me, I know, but I just thought I should let you know.”

“When we walked, in the fields of gold.”

“John?”

“When we walked....”

“John?” The cries and yells filled the ambulance, and although the paramedic offered his comforting arm, he looked away as the woman wept on the chest of a dead man.

Rojoshom
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: bored

Post by Rojoshom »

Good Grief! This almost made me cry, great evocation of tragic emotion. How sad...

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: bored

Post by Ariel »

Me too! :(