There she goes again,
Falling into oblivion.
Outwardly she’s all smiles
And not a care in the world.
Inwardly she’s screaming,
Trying to wake up
From this nightmare
Who put a box around her heart,
This nightmare who intoxicated her dream.
“Wake up,” she pleads,
“Don’t leave me,” she cries,
All night as she is descending.
There she goes again,
Falling into oblivion.
There I am,
Pressing against the glass,
Looking in at the girl falling,
Wanting to save her from her nightmare.
Helplessly,
I blindly reach out for my hand
Through the glass,
And into the darkness.

Pauline Buckhaulter
...my dream reality contours to the lines of my fantasy in which my love-my spirit, will dwell in a luminous relam for all eternity...

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Nice poem. It'll probably read better for a feminist audience than it did for me, but I still liked it. You have an interesting style of poetry, hard to define yet very tangible and noticeable. It lends itself well here. I thought, in all, that you did a very good job on the poem.

mydreamreality
New User
New User

wow

Post by mydreamreality »

u really think so? yeh:) itz kinda on the girl side??? i never thought about it like that..u know, having a certain kind of audience for it or anything...
thanx for ur input....now how do i delete it from the forum...like if i wanted to in 2 days or something? well i guess itz okee, itz up now....choices choices....
lates
...my dream reality contours to the lines of my fantasy in which my love-my spirit, will dwell in a luminous relam for all eternity...

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I can delete it for you. But are you sure that's what you really want? Wouldn't you prefer to wait a little but to get more people to read it?

But, if this is what you want, then just say so and I'll be more than happy to do it for you.

mydreamreality
New User
New User

i guess

Post by mydreamreality »

sure. but so far 19 pple looked at it and only u posted. but i will wait...no prob. i would like to hear from more pple....thanx

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

O.K. Just tell me when you want it down. Site traffic slows considerably on the weekend. Just give it some time and I'm sure that more people will come.

mydreamreality
New User
New User

okee

Post by mydreamreality »

i'll trust you. heh. but by next wknd, itz gonna be off, if u don't mind to delete it for me? thanx homie. but i'll wait. heh

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

I liked it. It reminds me of a friend when I read it. She goes through a lot of hardships and I imagine that this is how she probably feels.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

mydreamreality
New User
New User

really?

Post by mydreamreality »

yeh, i remember what i was going thru when i wrote this poem...high school is like the cruelest place on earth. lol. no, but memories, memories...

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

It doesn't bother me too much. Then again, what else would you expect from somebody who intends to be an English teacher (Who's brother is an English Major and who's mother's a Speech and Language Pathologist).

:rofl:

I'm glad to see that somebody finally proved me right and commented.

:wink:

mydreamreality
New User
New User

dang

Post by mydreamreality »

and i thought i had a lot on my plate. heh. one of my college buddies wanted to be an english teacher...i think thatz still her major. i hated english class.....ooops.