shootbootleg
New User
New User

HaHaHaiku

Post by shootbootleg »

Hey, this is a dot,
Needs no spot,
Only a coma.
"Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life." -Edvard Munch-

clknaps
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: HaHaHaiku

Post by clknaps »

shootbootleg wrote:Hey, this is a dot,
Needs no spot,
Only a coma.
This was cute, it made me chuckle. Did you mean coma or comma?

Thanks for sharing this,

CLK
She sells seashells by the seashore.
Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
I shot the city sheriff.

RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by RHFay »

Hello shootbootleg!

I am assuming that this is a less-than-serious haiku, based on it's title. It works great as a joke about the form of haiku, if that was your intent.

Keep in mind, though, that haiku rarely have many if any punctuation marks. Some use a comma, dash, or even a series of periods in a specific way to mark off one part from the others, but other than that they are usually free of any punctuation. There is also typically no capitalization in haiku, except in rare cases where it's necessary. Of course, it appears as if you're referencing punctuation in the piece, so it can work that way!

(I don't profess to be a "master haikuist"; I've had my fair share of haiku rejected, but I've also had a few accepted for publication. I've spent the past few weeks reading and rereading the various "submission guidelines" at several haiku publications, and some are very picky about the style and format of haiku that they accept. It can be tricky to compose a short, three-lined poem of 17 syllables or less that contains a proper season word and a definite "ah-ha" moment! I was told by one batch of editors that my fantasyku "Dark Drake", which appears on another thread here, lacked a real "ah-ha" moment.)

Cheers!
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.

shootbootleg
New User
New User

Post by shootbootleg »

It was just me playing with words like in any other post I typed anything. Thanks for your opinions, but I must sadly say: it was a joke. 8)
"Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life." -Edvard Munch-

RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by RHFay »

shootbootleg wrote:It was just me playing with words like in any other post I typed anything. Thanks for your opinions, but I must sadly say: it was a joke. 8)
Why "sadly say"? It worked fine as a joke! I just thought I would add a few comments about haiku in general. As a joke about haiku, it worked devilishly well.

Cheers!
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

:lol:

Ah! A joke!

How about some actual Hahahaiku- that would be fun. :)

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

This was Ariel after first reading this. :scratch: :lol: