speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

As Shadows Fall

Share your poems with our readers.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

As Shadows Fall

Postby Ariel » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:03 pm

You walk here as shadows fall around this place of silence and serenity.
Words no longer spoken, where bones lay sleeping and souls fly free in some ethereal realm.
Their lives were lived, like stories unfolding from a book, some still told by those left behind, others gone so long that there is no one left to tell their tale. Sometimes we see their resting place and wonder what their stories were about, how they lived their lives, what they looked like, whos lives they touched. Were their lives hard or filled with wonder and joy? You leave a gift of flowers for the ones you know and love and walk away into your own life, as your own story unfolds and the pages turn.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: As Shadows Fall

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 am

I like this one as well as I had a old graveyard where I used to live and walked through it once and thought some of the same thoughts
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: As Shadows Fall

Postby Ariel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:37 pm

Thanks Honey! Yeah, when my friend and I visit our loved one's graves, we kind of look over at some of the really old stones and wonder about the people in those old graves. Some have big beautiful Angels, some are so old and small, they are sinking into the ground and barely legible.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Poetry