speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Terry Brooks, Armageddons Children

Review books and discuss your favorite authors.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Terry Brooks, Armageddons Children

Postby Believer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:55 pm

I just got this book and im anxious to read it what do yall think about it?
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-
Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:25 am

It is a good book don't get me wrong but lacks the flair of the original Word/Void series. There is great debates being held on Terry's Website in the forum section, but upon noticing your topic here I thought id speak up, after SV is my home away from home first and foremost! ^_^

Back to the book itself, The names don't strike me as they usually do, to...childish for lack of a better word, and terry's acceleration of mutation doesn't fit, its simply not possible for within 50 years for all of the new races he has to "evolve" not from a scientific point of view from what we know about biology, however it is fantasy.

The Demons themselves lack any real character save for perhaps Dellenrhon (forgive spelling) but her character isn't hard or complicated in the least.

Still with all of this being said I liked the book well enough to buy it and read it twice.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby spknoevl » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:06 am

I'm drawn to the series to see how he manages to tie the Void series into the Shannara series. While not as strongly written as some of the earlier Shannara books, I do find the story holds my interest. Certainly better than his last Shannara trilogy, which I found kind of weak, with the third book very unsatisfying.
spknoevl
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Return to Books and Authors