speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Stardust

Review books and discuss your favorite authors.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Stardust

Postby shadowbooks » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey all

Has anyone read Stardust by Neil Gaiman? I juts finished and thought it was fantastic! Can anyone recommend other books I should read by Gaiman? I just read there is a movie being made as well!
shadowbooks
New User
New User

Postby The Master » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:42 pm

The Stardust movie looks to be a big deal with lots of stars involved. I'm looking forward to it.

American Gods is really excellent, winning both the Hugo and Nebula awards for best novel. I'd definitely put this on your list if you like his work.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby berry » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:21 am

Neil Gaiman is prolific but my favorite is Neverwhere, being a Londoner it has a special place in my heart but I would also recommend American Gods and the book he wrote with Terry Pratchett called Good Omens.
He has also written extensively in the graphic novel world if you like that sort of thing then take a look at the Sandman comics
Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
berry
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby shadowbooks » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:00 pm

I just finished Neverwhere - was very impressed - and I've started on American Gods - so far so good!!!!
shadowbooks
New User
New User

Postby Achen » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:21 pm

Someone gave me a copy of Neverwhere a few days ago but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
Achen
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby yarrow » Thu May 03, 2007 4:36 am

yeah the book is really good, the film look like it will get big but I'm not a fan of Gaiman translating onto screen.

Neils real talent in my opinion is the quirky metaphors and personal insights that he adds to his characters and that just doent come accross without the text.

Neverwhere was a huge disappointment on TV and I didnt enjoy Mirrormask either as much as the textual versions.

I will go see the film but expect to be disapointed again.
yarrow
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Violanthe » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:53 pm

I actually found this novel very difficult to get into. Maybe I was just reading it at a time when I was distracted or something. Should I give it another try?
Violanthe
New User
New User

Return to Books and Authors