speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

RIP Robert Jordan

Review books and discuss your favorite authors.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

RIP Robert Jordan

Postby Bmat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Robert Jordan (writer) -- Dead. Primary amyloidosis with cardiomyopathy. Died September 16, 2007. Born October 17, 1948. Writer of huge books, the Wheel of Time Fantasy series

Astaire mentioned this already in the Wheel of Time thread, but I thought I'd make a separate thread for it.

I know many people were Wheel of Time fans. I couldn't make it through the first book. :(
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby brent.bennett » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:38 am

I dont have any enlightening information about Robert Jordans death, but I'm truly bummed out about it. The man has my upmost respect. He has definetly left his mark in this world and his mark may be around for ages and ages because:

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again."

Well, in his case, hopefully his mark will be left through every age. I am dearly interested in what is going to become of his conclusive book. Its quite sad that he didnt get to finish it. His death actually hits a hard spot. His Wheel of Time series is the series that introduced me to fantasy. I cannot thank this man enough for that. During the journey his series gave me when I was in middle school I thought to myself, wouldnt it suck if he died before he finished this series? Geez, what a jinks. I understand he left notes for his conclusive series. Hopefully someone picks up on that and finishes it.
brent.bennett
New User
New User

Return to Books and Authors