speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Prince Caspian Movie Tie In Edition

Review books and discuss your favorite authors.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Prince Caspian Movie Tie In Edition

Postby The Master » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 pm

From HarperCollins:
The countdown to Walt Disney Pictures’ and Walden Media’s film ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian’ begins today with the release of THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA MOVIE TIE-IN EDITION. For the first time, readers can experience Narnia in a collectible edition featuring an 8-page, fold-out insert based on C. S. Lewis’s own timeline conceived for Narnia. The stunning cover artwork from ‘The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian’ movie introduces a dashing new hero—actor Ben Barnes (‘Stardust’) as Prince Caspian.

The full-color timeline, recreated from C.S. Lewis’s original and paired with Pauline Baynes’ classic full color illustrations for the first time, provides the key to the passage of time in Narnia and Earth by laying the two worlds side by side. Never before has C. S. Lewis’s timeline been included in a complete edition of all seven books of Narnia. Readers can now enjoy the beloved stories and use the timeline as a guide to orient themselves within the epic work.

This Spring the timeline will be expanded into NARNIA CHRONOLOGY: From the Archives of the Last King (April 1, 2008; $19.99), an interactive version of The Chronicles of Narnia. NARNIA CHRONOLOGY will include pop-ups, gatefolds, pull tabs and many other exciting features to tell the stories in a sweeping linear format as C. S. Lewis imagined it.
On May 16, 2008, audiences will be enthralled by the film, “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.’ With THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA MOVIE TIE-IN EDITION and NARNIA CHRONOLOGY, readers will have the chance to experience Aslan’s world first, in their own imagination.

Nice cover art!

I sure loved these books as a kid and I can't wait for the new movie.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby The Master » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Update:

Publisher Harper Collins has launched a new site for the book tie ins to the movie. Features include information on the books, the movie trailer, and a fun trivia game.

Also be sure to enter the sweepstakes! Grand prize is a four-day/three-night trip for two to New York City to attend The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie premiere on May 7, 2008. Get your entries in by April 11th!

For your convenice the trailer and other information, including sweepstakes entry, are all accessible from our home page.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Return to Books and Authors