speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Bread Butterbeards Reading list

Share your reading list with the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Bread Butterbeards Reading list

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:01 pm

In no real order, here is my reading list, I will add more to it when I think of them.

JRR TOKLIEN

Lord of the rings

The Hobbit

Jk Rowling

Harry Potter series 1-7

Christoper Paolini

Eragon

Eldest

The National Lampoon

Bored of the Rings

Anne McCaffrey

The Dragons Riders of Pern Trilogy

Dragonseye

The Masterharper of Pern

Terry Brooks

Word Void Series 1-3

Genesis of Shannara

Sword of Shannara

Elf Stones of Shannara

Wishsong of Shannara

Heritage of Shannara

First King of Shannara

Voyage of the Jerle Shannara

High Druid of Shannara

Landover Series

Why I write About Elves

Sometimes the Magic Works

Star Wars Episode I

Hook

Indomitable (Short Story Featured in Legends II)

R. A. Salvatore

The Cleric Quintet

The Dark Elf Trilogy

Icewind Dale Trilogy

Passage to dawn

Paths of Darkness

The Hunters Blade Trilogy

Tracy Hickman and Margret Weis

Time of the Twins

Test of the Twins

War of the Twins

Soul Forge

Stephen King

Carrie

The Shining

IT

Pet Cemetery

The Last Stand

On Writing

Dean Koontz

The Voice of Midnight

Tick Tock

Watchers

Sole Survivor

Night Chills

Midnight

Blue Light of the Moon

Dragon Tears

Mr Murder

Seize the Night

Fear Nothing
Last edited by Bread Butterbeard on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:16 am

For those who may be interested, I have updated my reading list.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Jaden Taiths Reading list

Postby Silvanus » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 pm

Jaden Taith wrote:In no real order, here is my reading list, I will add more to it when I think of them.

JRR TOKLIEN

Lord of the rings

The Hobbit

Have you read the Silmarillion? If not you're missing some great stories from Tolkien. They give you so much neat information about things in the actual trilogy.

Jaden Taith wrote:Jk Rowling

Harry Potter series 1-7

Easily one of the best series' out there, I'm a bit disappointed they've put the movie back 7 months.

Jaden Taith wrote:Christoper Paolini

Eragon

Eldest

Inheritance will be out on the 20th!

Jaden Taith wrote:Terry Brooks

Word Void Series 1-3

Genesis of Shannara

Sword of Shannara

Elf Stones of Shannara

Wishsong of Shannara

Heritage of Shannara

First King of Shannara

Voyage of the Jerle Shannara

High Druid of Shannara

Landover Series

Why I write About Elves

Sometimes the Magic Works

Star Wars Episode I

Hook

Indomitable (Short Story Featured in Legends II)

All I've read of his was Sword of Shannara and I was so upset at all the blatant LOTR in it that I refuse to read more.

Jaden Taith wrote:R. A. Salvatore

The Cleric Quintet

The Dark Elf Trilogy

Icewind Dale Trilogy

Passage to dawn

Paths of Darkness

The Hunters Blade Trilogy

An absolute genius with Drizzt. I'd suggest looking into the Elminster books as well.

Jaden Taith wrote:Tracy Hickman and Margret Weis

Time of the Twins

Test of the Twins

War of the Twins

Soul Forge

Have you gone on and read any further into DragonLance? Specifically the two trilogies on Mina are wonderful. I also liked the Dhamon Saga. Not all necessarily those two, but good books all the same. Soul Forge is one of my favorite books of all time :D
-Silv
Silvanus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (16)

Re: Bread Butterbeards Reading list

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:39 am

Have you read the Silmarillion? If not you're missing some great stories from Tolkien. They give you so much neat information about things in the actual trilogy.

No I haven’t read it, I thought I had once long ago but I am pretty sure that if I did I either didn’t make it all the way through or have completely forgotten what I read, which is rare but hey it can happen. I will go buy myself a copy per your advice and place it on my reading list.

Easily one of the best series' out there, I'm a bit disappointed they've put the movie back 7 months.

I am a bit disappointed that they are being greedy and making the last movie into two movies, though I guess overall I can see a reason for it besides massive profits. Plus we do get another Harry Potter movie out of the deal so I guess its not so bad.

Inheritance will be out on the 20th!

Yes I cannot wait to get my grubby hands on my soon to be mine fresh shiny copy of Brisinger. In this case I am glad there is going to be a fourth book. I still think he has a good ways to go but since I have read two of the books im in for the long hall.

All I've read of his was Sword of Shannara and I was so upset at all the blatant LOTR in it that I refuse to read more.

Yes, it has many similarities to LOTR, I will not deny that, but like I have said to you elsewhere you should really give his other works a shot, there is the Word and Void Trilogy and then there is his Landover Novels if you’re looking for some light-hearted fantasy.

An absolute genius with Drizzt. I'd suggest looking into the Elminster books as well.

Yes, I do need to check out the Elminster books, they have been recommended to me several times. Have you read the Cleric Quintet? I love that series, only five books in it but it is near on par with Drizzt in my opinion.

Have you gone on and read any further into DragonLance? Specifically the two trilogies on Mina are wonderful. I also liked the Dhamon Saga. Not all necessarily those two, but good books all the same. Soul Forge is one of my favourite books of all time

I have read to date every single Dragonlance book, all 100+ plus of them, I only own however, the ones mentioned above but I am slowly working to correct that. Soul Forge is also one my all time favourites, for me it gives a much better understanding of Rastlin and even makes you feel a bit sorry for the evil bustard.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Bread Butterbeards Reading list

Postby Silvanus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:22 am

I've read bits of the first book of the Clerics Quintet and was considering reading more if I get the chance. Meanwhile.. I need to go order Brinsingr off Amazon hehe. I actually had not heard he was making a fourth book, of course the only author who I keep up with on news is GRRM so... Oh well, more for me to read huh?
-Silv
Silvanus
New User
New User

Blog: View Blog (16)

Return to Recommended Reading