speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Titus and Atreus by Meridi Myers

Share your reading list with the community.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Titus and Atreus by Meridi Myers

Postby halfbloodprince » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:11 pm

Happy New Year Everyone.

I bought this book on a recommendation from a friend and was pleasantly surprised. It's an unusual fantasy novel and I became hooked after the first few pages and ended up reading it through in just a few days. Once the plot began to unfold it quickly became a fast-paced story that drew me in. I was wondering if anyone else here has already read this and also if anyone knows more about the release date of the sequel that is supposed to be coming.

Below is a quote from the synopsis:

"Two worlds,
Two boys . . .
. . . One prophecy.

Grief-stricken by the loss of his parents, Titus Attwater is convinced his life will never improve. His older sister ignores his calls, his grades in school have plummeted, and his house, once a place of warmth and security, is now lonely, cold, and alien.

But when a young man appears one night in Titus's house, claiming he came in upstairs through the full-length mirror, Titus's life gets turned upside-down. For, as Titus soon discovers, this intruder is not from Earth. Against his will, Titus is kidnapped and taken to another world, a place like Earth but markedly different. It is here where he will befriend angels, face assassins, and help a young prince unravel a prophecy that proves much darker and more twisted than any of them had imagined."

If anyone has read the book and knows anything more about the author or sequel, please let me know. For any others looking for a superb read, I highly recommend this book.
halfbloodprince
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Titus and Atreus by Meridi Myers

Postby Ariel » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 pm

First of all, Hello and welcome halfbloodprince! Oh and Happy New Year to you too! This sounds like something I would enjoy reading. Thanks! :D
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Minion » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Hello, halfbloodprince. I just read Titus and Atreus myself, and would definitely recommend it. I bought mine from Amazon before I realized you could get signed copies from its publisher's website. :smt022

Who is your favorite character? I'd have to say that Anaxare is my fav, though I won't lie -- Lily made me LOL a few times.

OMG, there is going to be a sequel??? And where did you get your icon? ...because I kinda want it. :mrgreen:

Happy New Year!
Minion
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby halfbloodprince » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:58 am

Hello and thank you for the wonderful welcome Ariel! :D I hope you do get a chance to read this book, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

And Hello Minion! And yes I did get a signed copy. :lol:

I'd have to say my favorite character is Juno...he's so much like myself. :oops:

Yes, there is supposed to be a sequel coming out and I'm wondering if anyone has any information on a release date.

I made the icon myself! ...no, I lied...I got this icon from the book's website. I checked and I don't see an Anaxare one, but there is a Lily icon. There are some great wallpapers too. I would post a link but I don't know if it's allowed. Go to the Titus and Atreus main website and click on the "Media" link. (FYI I think I had to make the icon file smaller in order to use it here by saving it as a PNG file and adjusting the size.)
halfbloodprince
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby halfbloodprince » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:18 am

I checked the posting rules again and it looks like it's ok to post a relevant link, so here's the book's main website: http://www.titusandatreus.com/

Enjoy! :D
halfbloodprince
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Ariel » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Cool site!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Recommended Reading