speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Web Comics!

Magazines, webzines, comic books, etc.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Web Comics!

Postby Loxley » Tue May 27, 2008 2:12 pm

So,

Which webcomics do y'all read? Me, I'm a web comic junkie. Let me list those that I read every time they update.

First of all we have my favorite, Last Days of FOXHOUND, which is a webcomic centering around the events before the first Metal Gear Solid game. Liquid Snake is the main character, but the entire Foxhound crew, along with some non-Foxhounders you'll recognize,is along for the ride. It's hilarious, both because it's so terribly drawn (think Flash), and because the jokes rule. Oh, and Ocelot is totally badass.

http://www.gigaville.com

Next, we have FallouP. The name should be pretty self-descriptive. It was originally made as a parody of Interplay's foolish idea to make a Fallout Online MMORPG, but now it's got it's own story and little or no humor at all. It's drawn in a gritty and violent Noir-like style and well worthy of being a spin-off of the Fallout series.

http://www.fallouponline.com/

Another webcomic I love is the Phoenix Requiem (and it's predecessor, Inverloch), both drawn by a woman named Sarah Ellerton, if memory serves me right. They each take place in their own world, and they're like some crazy mix of fantasy, old-lady-romantic-novels-bought-in-a-grocery-store, with a few tads of humor and lots of adventure. They're both great. Sarah uses some kind of fancy manga-like drawing technique, but more realistic than manga usually is.

http://www.seraph-inn.com/

Renaissance is another comic I follow. It's a dark science-fiction comic in a world where technology is the new dark magic, where humans live side-by-side with elves, and other cool stuff. It hasn't gotten very far in the story yet, but what I've read (about one chapter), is really cool, lots of action, and cool fights.

http://www.renaissancecomic.com/

Lackadaisy is an anthromorphic story about the speakeasy Lackadaisy, in Prohibition-era New Orleans. It revolves around the many colorful characters that work and live there. And it's also totally badass-ly drawn. Well worth checking out. Rocky's eyebrows are also very badass.

http://www.lackadaisycats.com/index.php

Exterminatus Now is another anthro webcomic. It's made by (as far as I've understood it) fans of the Sonic universe, so don't be surprised that Lothar Hex looks like Knuckles. Err, anyway, it evolves around the somewhat socially deranged "inquisitors" "Dirty Harry" and "the Virus". Both of them are badass fighters really, as are their mercenary employees....never mind, just look at it for yourself. It's both fun, and when they have a new adventure arc, thrilling.

http://exterminatusnow.comicgenesis.com/

Alright, I've got a few others I follow too, but I think this is enough for now. So, let's hear it - what webcomics do you follow? Also, lemme know if you caught a liking of any of the ones I'm hooked to. Especially my favorites, Last Days of Foxhound and Exterminatus Now. :wink:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Bmat » Tue May 27, 2008 3:28 pm

I just checked out Lackadaisy, and bookmarked it. :) Thanks for the link.

I haven't been following any web comics until now.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Loxley » Tue May 27, 2008 4:02 pm

No problem. Glad you liked it. :) I just found it recently myself. Unfortunately, the author isn't exactly fast with the updates. Nor are they regularly made. :roll:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Boikat » Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 pm

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Qray » Tue May 27, 2008 11:36 pm

Questionable Content.
Created by Jeph Jacques, it follows the exploits of a group of twentysomethings. Updated every weekday. This comic has spawned numerous quotes such as "Everything is ruined forever." Warning : Some adult themes.

Order of the Stick.
Created by Rich Burlew, the Order of the Stick satirizes D&D RPG's, and has spawned such memorable quotes as "Yea! I'm helping!" and "I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one?"

Riches health hasn't been the greatest in the last year, so updates to the comic aren't always predictable.

Erfworld
Written by Rob Balder, Erfworld is the tale of a diehard RPGer who ends up living in an RPG that is just a degree or two off normal. It's also spawned one of the greatest lines in history. "I can taste key lime pie."

Updates are long in coming. Usually once a week or longer, but they're worth the wait.

Dr. McNinja
Written/Drawn by Chris Hastings and inked by Kent Archer, Dr. McNinja is updated three times a week. Someone once called it "old Flash Gordon strips redone to appeal to the midnight screening of an Evil Dead college crowd." I can go with that.

Neurotically Yours
A flash cartoon series by Jonathan Ian Mathers, about a squirrel named Foamy and his "owner" Germaine. Warning : Lots of adult language. Updates twice a month.

Dinosaur Comics
A long running strip by Ryan North that's updated most days, it features the same 6 panels, but different dialog. Read today's strip and find out what wikipedia really stands for.

Dicebox
Created by Jenn Manley Lee, Dicebox has a future, space traveling theme that follows the lives of two factory workers.
Last edited by Qray on Wed May 28, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Qray » Wed May 28, 2008 7:18 am

[mod hat]
For greater exposure, this topic has been moved to the Other Reading Forum where there are other topics on Web Comics.
Qray

Postby Qray » Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 am

The Architect
Created by Mike Judge (story) and Andie Tong (pencils and inks), The Architect is an online graphic novel by the creator of one of the greatest comics of all time (The Badger!)

Betrayal, murder, lust, the Occult, and mushrooms. The story is a mystery with just enough horror elements thrown in to tweek your mellon away from the ordinary.

If you're familiar with the history of Taliesin, Frank Lloyd Wright's estate in Spring Green, you might find some of the plot points familair.
Qray

Postby FantasyMan » Fri May 30, 2008 5:23 am

"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby Qray » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:11 pm

Ding!
Created by Scott Kurtz is a comic about WoW.
Warning : Some profanity.

Backward Compatible
Created by Aaron Williams is a comic about what goes on at crispy gamer dot com. Updates every two to three days.
Qray

Postby Qray » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:56 am

FantasyMan wrote:Ctrl+Alt+Del

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php

What's the deal with Buckley getting all serious with his last two updates?
Qray

Postby DaleyPaley » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 am

How about this one:
http://www.inaneblabbering.com/comic/

It has just started so there is not much there at the moment but it is pretty fun.
8)
DaleyPaley
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Qray » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:19 pm

DaleyPaley wrote:How about this one:
http://www.inaneblabbering.com/comic/

It has just started so there is not much there at the moment but it is pretty fun.
8)

A bit heavy on religious overtones, but funny.
Qray

Next

Return to Other Reading