speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Tom Siddell's Gunnerkrigg Court

Magazines, webzines, comic books, etc.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Tom Siddell's Gunnerkrigg Court

Postby Bmat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:17 pm

True. I don't know why the balloon points to him.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Qray » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:53 am

Ah! Tom's trixy. Trixy he is. So that's who was speaking. That would also explain why the color of the speech balloon was so close to the color Tom uses for Kat. Since... [spoil]Shadow sounded like Kat when she first taught him how to speak.[/spoil]

I've gotta say, I'm not sure if I'm grooving on S13's new Parkour body. Well, the body is ok. Obviously much more dexterous than other robots, but the block head with the two "eyes" offset on the side...it's not very...expressive, for the lack of a better word.

Love the exclamation point on Kat's bandanna.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Qray » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:05 am

Holy non sequitur, Batman!

So we're just rollin' along, rollin' along...robots, Jeanne, it's all good...then BAM! Antimony shows up with that love comment. What the smeg!?!? Is she talking about Winsbury and Janet? Her mum and Eglamore? Herself and someone? Kat and someone?

We're seeing a lot of eye color in this chapter. First we see Kat's eyes are brown and then we see Jeanne's are green just like all the robots. I wonder if Diego made the robot's eyes green because Jeanne's were green.

Man, I have no idea what's going on in this Chapter. I thought I was going to have a good grasp when I saw the cover page for the Chapter, but I've been smegging lost with each new update.
Qray

Postby Bmat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:17 pm

I'm confused, but that isn't unusual with the comic.

I'm glad you posted. I forgot it was GC day. Did you notice in Monday's that in the last panel there was some kind of code in the little robot's eye?

eta: I am guessing that the little robot is off to do something related to some code that it saw in Jeanne's portrait?
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Qray » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Bmat wrote:...Did you notice in Monday's that in the last panel there was some kind of code in the little robot's eye?

eta: I am guessing that the little robot is off to do something related to some code that it saw in Jeanne's portrait?

Yes, I did see that. Originally I was thinking that it was binary ones and zeros, but looking at it under more detail, now I'm thinking it just looks like the glass structure of the Skywatcher's eye and it's just coincidence. Still, Skywatcher's sudden departure and flight is confusing. What do you think?

Qray

Postby Bmat » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:09 pm

Thank you for the enlargement. Hm. Not binary, I wouldn't say. But the circles in the center, it does appear to be structured. I don't know.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Qray » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:30 am

I'm going to go with the design just being the structure of the glass in the eye and not a specific code. The lines in Skywatcher's eye reminds me of the lines seen in a headlight.

There's certainly enough circumstantial evidence to suggest it's code: it looks code like, Skywatcher seems enthralled by it, he immediately takes off after seeing it on what appears to be an urgent mission, etc., but for now, I'm going to go with it just being the structure of the eye. Of course I've been wrong many time over when reading this comic. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

ROTFLMAO...todays installment, with the dry-marker robot king...best...robot...ever!
Qray

Postby Bmat » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Well, maybe they are just normal headlight design markings, plus the little robot also received a code from the painting. Both things.

Aha! The cloth, anyway, is explained.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby who me » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:23 am

Skywatcher went off and told the king about the painting!
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Coyote! Woooooooo!

Postby Qray » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:56 am

Was it me, or did it seem like Chapter 25 ended too soon like we thought Chapter 24 did?

Anyways, the cover page for Chapter 26 is up.

"Time to see that guy again." :mrgreen:

Coyote! Woooooooo!
Qray

Postby Bmat » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 am

Yes it did, and I thought well I've missed something, because I had a lot of questions and wasn't satisfied that I'd found answers. So I went to the forum and found similar speculation and confusion there.

As much as I like the comic, I am finding it frustrating that I am not getting more satisfying answers. The answers that are uncovered are still ambiguous.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

I want Resolution!

Postby Qray » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Maybe it's just because it's not an actual book where you can read through to the end. It's an online work that gets updated three times a week. If it were a book, we could read through until the end and find the answers to all the questions being brought up. As it is, we must suffer through and wait, wait, wait at the slow pace of the updates. Granted, three times a week is pretty smegging good for an online comic.

We were given more information in this Chapter (found out it was Deigo and not Sir Young who is to be blamed for Jeanne's fate,) put out and some answers in the last Chapter, but it seems even more questions were brought up.

It seems as the Chapters progress, less and less questions get answered by the end of the Chapters and more and more are brought up.

This brings up an interesting thought. Can an online comic (one that gets regularly updated like Gunnerkrigg Court as opposed to one that's put up in it's entirety like Buck Godot) we written with the same story structure as a standard story? Can you have a four act story in a weekly updated format and still maintain the interest of the reader?

And what WAS the device that Diego created and Steadman shot and how does it play into Jeanne not being able to cross over?
Qray

PreviousNext

Return to Other Reading