speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

New Years Forum Updates

Feedback and suggestions for Speculative Vision. This is also where we make site announcements.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

New Years Forum Updates

Postby The Master » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:57 am

Now that the holidays are over I have put back our regular forum design and installed a forum update. Besides a huge number of code fixes and improvements in this update there are couple of new features I hope you will like:

• Paged Smilies: The smilie panel is now broken down into pages. That means no longer loading a huge panel of smilies at one time, but it also means you may have to page through to find the one you wanted.
  • Quick Reply: This popularly requested feature is finally available! You can now type a fast response at the bottom of the forum, or open the regular reply editor to use our full featured editor.
  • Reporting for PMs: Users can now report private messages to moderators just like you can report a post. If you are being harrassed in PM's please use this new feature to alert us.
  • Captcha Change: New user registrations will now be challenged by the industry leading Recaptcha service. This should go a long way to eliminating bot registrations and spam. Existing users are not affected by this change.
  • View Unread Posts quick search: A new link to quickly search for all unread posts has been added...just click the "View Unread Posts" link. The difference is this will show you all posts you haven't read before regardless of age, while the "View New Posts" link shows you only new posts made since your last visit. Period use of the "Mark Forums Read" link is recommended to eliminate outdated posts from your search results.

As always please let me know if you experience any problems.
The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (2)
Art: View My Art Gallery

Re: New Years Forum Updates

Postby Bmat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 am

These sound like some useful and helpful changes. The quick reply feature loads very quickly. And with my slow dialup, loading a smaller number of smilies should help. :smt031
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Return to Comments On Speculative Vision