speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

UFO's???

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Bmat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:11 pm

Dragonfleet wrote:Heh, I can just imagine Aliens putting up a little sign near Earth saying "Beware: Planet not worth seeing, turn back while you still can" :twisted:

Heh! This reminds me of Hitchhikers Guide.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Dragonfleet » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:16 pm

Ah, I love those books! ^^
Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Spiderkeg » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:25 pm

Earth is nothing more than just a fast food pit stop for the aliens on their way to the Whacky Black Hole Amusement Park. Stop in, abduct a human, then move on.

There could be other methods of space travel not yet envisioned by even the top minds of the scientific community. So two big questions are:
1. Have alien beings traveled from their origins and visited Earth?
2. What is so important about Earth that would persuade them to stop? :lol:
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:02 am

I would have to say the answet to your first question is yes (based on the wealth of evidence.)

For question two, I presume it's the fact that we are the destroy the very planet that we are dependant on for survival. I assume they're probably examining our heads, trying to figure out which screws are missing. :lol:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jesse » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:18 pm

k, I think billions of years ago a race of being wich we now call aliens or extratarestrials evolved and discovered space travel and colonized humans from another planet to this planet and see how fast we can advance our tecnology and evolve. In the caveman days we weren't doing so well so aliens took humans, gave them an "injection" and transformed them into highbred humans called greys. greys were designed to do sertain tasks like gather food, the greys eventually discovered space travel, left earth as soon as us, the humans, were doing ok. aliens (not the greys)are contacting us through crop circles and trackings us through probing. By the way greys look like us with dolphin colored skin, aliens are the big eyed, green, oval headed guys. The aliens are also giving us tecknology, some people are disapearing through invisible tubes and are being transported to the andromeda galaxy. We own the tubes just most dont know that or don't know how to use them.

Also we only use 10% of our brains. If we only use 10% why do we have the other 90%? We do because we are supposed to use all of it but lizard humanoids saw our planet while flying around and we were the least advanced planet with life on it they had ever seen so they put an invisible "net" around us so we couldn't use most of our brain and they would be more intelligent. Some of us are "waking up" and using more of our brains because the aliens and greys are fighting to free us. A psychic also told me that aliens are going to land and make contact with us (they come un peace) in 2010.
Jesse
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Chuffy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:02 pm

Hi Jesse,
Is that what you really think? Do you have any facts to sustain your theory?
It seems to be a great leap to your conclusion and frankly it sounds more like a Sci-Fi novel.
Sorry if I am coming across as a bit doubtful but I'm just curious whether you're serious or kidding.
Chuffy
New User
New User

Postby Bmat » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:21 pm

I read a book years ago that had a vaguely similar idea. The intelligence of humans was suppressed except when a satellite(?) was eclipsed, and then everybody jumped up greatly in intelligence, even the animals.

edited to add: I'm not sure, but it may have been Brainwave by Poul Anderson. I looked at the description on Amazon.com, and in Brainwave there was actually an energy field that suppressed intelligence. I don't remember the name Brainwave, though.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Ariel » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:06 pm

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:57 pm

Reminds me of the religion most of the movie stars follow Scigntology or however you spell it.

I watched something that seemed more up the believable alley to me. On aliens colonizing earth anyway. USOs, or unidentifiable submerged object, have been coming out of the ocean and going back because they have bases under our planets waters and are not coming from space. The USS FDR is notorious for sightins during WWII. I find this more believable because more then 60% of sightings are near some body of water and there is a lot of ocean unexplored.

I Personally believe in aliens and acceot the fact that hey would want to study us for the same reason we would want to study them, curiosity. They are just a few steps ahead of us.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Ariel » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:03 pm

There have been many sightings of USO's. You just don't hear about them as often.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby NeoScribe » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:17 pm

Do aliens and UFO's exist or do Aliens and UFO not exist. That is the question. And my answer is... I dunno. Maybe the do maybe they don't. I have never seen any credible evidence to confirm the existence in E.T.'s and UFO but I have never been completely satisfied with the standered hoax or hallucination theory either. If aliens do exist, then I highly doubt the ones visiting us are particularly bright. How many people do they need to abduct, how many cows do they need to drain, and how many crops do they need to cirlce before they finish whatever it is they are doing. Either they are encredibly slow witted, they lack proper funding, or (and this I feel is the most probable) the aliens are their version of drunk college punks and messing with Earth is their version of cow tipping or tippeeing someone's house.
The flower shop gig wasn't enough to pay for my videogames.
NeoScribe
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:04 pm

You know I never thought about the drunken Frat boy theory. :D
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation