speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Paranormal

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Paranormal

Postby Ariel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Anyone willing to share their thoughts and experiences on the paranormal?There are many mysteries in life that cannot easily be
explained.Whether you have had a personal experience,or just want to discuss theories,jump right in!

Though I do not believe everything I read or hear about,I remain open-minded and look forward to your posts!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Paranormals really odd...

Postby aldan » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:06 pm

Just one normal's bad enough, but TWO??

Really, though, I personally believe that most of the supposedly paranormal activity is due to an active imagination.

When you ask several different people what they saw after an accident, each will tend to give a different account of it, and the pictures drawn from said accounts will look quite different from each other.

When you hear a creak from the house when you're alone and it's late, it's probably the house cooling off. The heat of the day expands the substances from which the house is built, but they heat and cool at different rates depending upon the particular substance, and that can cause the creaking and rubbing of one on another.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Ariel » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:26 pm

Aldan,Are you ALWAYS a pain in the... :) You might discourage
someone from posting here.Yes we know about the common sense
creaks and what-not,and yes,obviously some people have overactive imaginations,but not everything can be rationalized.

Neuro,where are you when I need you????I need some back-up,Aldens here!! :wink:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Hey Ariel

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:46 pm

Hey Ariel, please read my latest post on the other SV for another story of mine (real, believe it or not!)

The paranormal is a part of life. I believe life itself is "paranormal." I think "normal" is just our weak, materialistic concept of life. Life is a mystery, and in that mystery there are many interesting clues to the fact that it is a mystery. By studying the clues -- "paranormal experiences" -- we meditate on the fact that life is a mystery and therefore are thinking, and living, on a truer state of consciousness.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:35 pm

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 19, 2004 - 06:11 pm

Paranormal experiences. I've had mine. I'd like to do a forum where we can share our experiences in the strange, unusual, or just plain freakin' weird. It would be nice if we could do without the rude never-believer wisecracks that often plague these types of conversations, so if you do not believe what you read here PLEASE just keep your comments to yourself.

I think that EVERYONE has paranormal experiences, but that we just pass them off as "seeing things" or "I was sleepy". Strange lights, feelings of being watched by thin air, voices in an empty room, psychic thoughts or dreams "that come true", da ja vu, UFO or ghost sightings, strange actions by household appliances in the night, cats all reacting to something you cannot perceive, outer body experiences, and the list goes on and on.

I'll share one of mine. One time when I was like ten or so, I woke up in the night with a funny feeling to look over my shoulder. I sat up in my bed and pulled back the curtains. What I saw sitting in our old tempo is something I'll never forget. It was like something out of the "Ghostbusters" movies. A strange form, see-through, of a man sitting in the driver's seat. His chin and face was like stretched and pointy, he had a long mouth with many sharp teeth, weird sharp eyes, and very long, pointy fingers. He sat motionless as if caught in a moment. His only action was to move his hands along the steering wheel as if he was driving. I turned back, and believe it or not, went back to sleep!

It was very foggy that night, but his form was very clear. I tried to tell myself that it was just my imagination, but I've always known it wasn't. I can't explain what it was or why I saw it, only that it happened and it was real. I do live on the coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, where these things happen quite commonly. In fact, we are known for our ghost stories. I can't help but be a believer after my own experience, and I'll never forget it.

Posted By: Magus Aug 19, 2004 - 08:06 pm

I can;t remember having any such experiences myself. I know a friend who says he had an out of body experience and another (a group of triplets actually) who say they have some manner of psychic link and share some thoughts/dreams/senses/emotions/knowledge.

My sister has a friend who's parents one day were running late for a flight, as they had overslept. They rushed to the airport and just missed the plane. That plane crashed and everybody on it died. Afterwords they found out that the wife was pregnent with a child. Needless to say they have kept him on an excruciatingly short leash his entire life, the mother's very over protective.

I forget, what's the term for remembering something that has yet to happen. It's not de je vu, but similar (remembering the future as opposed to having a similar experience). It begins with a P and ends in a "je vu". P--- je vu? Any ideas?

Posted By: chowder Aug 20, 2004 - 03:22 am

Magus, the word you're looking for is premonition

One dark night, up north in Ontario cottage country, I was riding in a small boat with a friend. Another friend was in a 2nd boat beside us.

We noticed this round light, quite bright, hovering about 20 feet in the air behind us. It followed us until we reached the dock. Leaping from the boats, we raced into the cottage.

Then it was gone.

Have since heard there's a form of orb lightning (or something) that people often mistake for UFO's or whatever.

Posted By: Magus Aug 20, 2004 - 04:54 am

No, it's not. It was a term "something" je vu. It's defined as the act of remembering events that haven't happend. Premonition is seeing the future, as one would see a movie, so to speak. This is remembering, as one would reflect upon the movie, but the movie hasn't been watched yet. It's in a book I'm reading. I'm going to flip back and see if I can find it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 20, 2004 - 10:23 am

That's amazing, Chowder. I've seen "orbs" myself, but never with anyone else.

Posted By: Hyperion Aug 20, 2004 - 10:26 am

I am like Magus in this topic, I haven't had any paranormal experiences myself, but I do have a friend who says he did, and he was at my Fathers house at the time, we were both 12 yrs old.

We were playing Manhunt in the grounds of my Fathers estate, [man hunt = more or less hide and seek] and it was my turn to find my friend.

He went of to hide, and I spent 4 hrs looking for him throughout the grounds of my Fathers estate before I finally gave up shouted I have given up, then went inside for some super and a good sleep.

I went to School the next morning, found my friend and asked him were he had gotten to the previous night, and he went white as a sheet when he saw me and I asked him; then he said, "I swear I saw a ghost drifting through some bushes down by the mini lake in your grounds, so I just legged it home".

Then he made me swear not to tell anyone about it at school, I never did because he looked so serious and scared by the experience.

I had heard tales from Gardner's and people in the village near my fathers estate, about a ghostly figure that had been seen on many an occasion hanging round the little island in the middle of the mini lake on my fathers estate.

I never did see it myself though

The little secluded island in the middle of the lake however, was a great source of fun for me as I grew up, sort of my secret treasure island

Surrounded on all sides by water from the lake, and the lake it's self surrounded by a small woods

Great fun

Hyperion The Despised

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 20, 2004 - 10:39 am

Yeah, it is difficult when you see a ghost and you're alone. It contradicts with reality, and I think that's the most frightening part. You have to keep it quiet of course, because most people would just call you a liar or think you're crazy. It's hard to know what a "ghost" is -- an echo of the past or the living dead.

I wonder, Hypersion, how dark was it when your friend saw it?

Posted By: Bmat Aug 20, 2004 - 10:43 am

I've never had anything beyond deja vu. But a couple nights ago I awoke from a "dream" where my supervisor was telling me that all teaching jobs where I work were being abolished. I remember, upon awakening, that I thought that this must be a premonition. It was so real and so distressing.

It doesn't make any sense actually, since the classes are thriving and bringing in a lot of business. However, decisions are from time to time made without any consultation with me, so it would not be unheard of for such a major decision to be made without my knowing.

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 20, 2004 - 05:58 pm

I once had a dream that I was interviewed for this electronical assembler job that I had been applying for over a year and a half, and right the next day had an interview and got hired. Incidentally, in the dream it said that my best qualities were "sugar and salt". I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Posted By: Bmat Aug 20, 2004 - 06:03 pm

Sugar- your pleasant personality?

Salt- either your sense of humor or that you have enthusiasm?

Posted By: Magus Aug 20, 2004 - 07:59 pm

Or maybe that you take everything with a grain of salt.

Posted By: Magus Aug 20, 2004 - 08:03 pm

I found it! It's called Presque Vu.

"Presque Vu: a sense of experiencing which has not happened yet but will. Not precognition... but misplaced memory." The Dark Half by: Stephen King (Chapter 8, Section 3, Page 92)

I also looked this up further and it seems to pan out.

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 21, 2004 - 06:02 am

Yeah, I never thought of it that way. Taking things with "a grain of salt." Could be.

Presque Vu, huh? I guess then you might have a moment of Presque Vu, followed by deja vu when you actually have the experience.

Posted By: Magus Aug 21, 2004 - 06:57 am

I guess you could.

Posted By: Queen Ehlana Aug 21, 2004 - 08:13 am

Riiight... "Almost seen"? Is that King's definition or is it a wisespread definition?

Posted By: Magus Aug 21, 2004 - 08:42 am

I looked it up on other places before I posted it just to make sure that it wasn't some kind of made-up word of his, he has done so in the past. But everyplace I checked seemed to agree with his definition of it.

Posted By: Neurolanis Aug 22, 2004 - 06:02 pm

Ever notice how negative energy creates bad situations and positive energy creates good situations/luck? I knew an old lasy who was always winning contests. She would look at a car abd the mall and say, "I think I'll win it." And usually she would! When she had "it", she would win. "It" seemed to be positive energy. If you buy a ticket hoping to win you likely won't, yet on a gut feeling you likely will. Birthdays and such special days are the best times to win big money.

Positive thoughts, people.

Posted By: DrZeuss Aug 22, 2004 - 09:42 pm

Speaking of premonition, there is a short story by Orson Scott Card in his anthology Maps in a Mirror about some strange deaths. A man comes home to find his wife and son just heading out to get groceries and is surprised to find that they are breating in synch. The two of them end up dying in a fiery auto crash and the man forgets all about their breathing pattern. The story twists and turns from there and has an interesting ending that I won't give away if you havne't read it.

I wonder if there are more subtle clues, that most people miss in the bustle of everyday life, that demonstrate linkages between strangers and could offer premonitions like the breathing in Card's story.

Posted By: Neurolanis Sep 02, 2004 - 06:58 pm

I imagine. I...can't imagine what they might be, however. Maybe we all know our future uncinsciously, and therefore can somehow pick up on a person's future through their voice, eyes, or acions somehow. Supersition comes from a belief that there are many strange and subtle things happening all around us that we don't realize because we take things too literally.

They say a black cat crossing your path is bad luck. But if you trace that superstition back you find it used to be a WHITE cat. Trace it back further and you see that it meant GOOD luck. Imagine if you could just keep pealing back those layers further and further. Imagine what mystical truth you might uncover. Things get lost through time, and misunderstood. That's the importance of historiens, to me, and of researching old literacy that may tell or hint of those old truths or insights.

Posted By: Queen Ehlana Sep 05, 2004 - 03:53 pm

Neurolanis: Have you ever heard of the placebo effect? I'll let you think about that one for a few years.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:36 pm

Posted By: Neurolanis Sep 10, 2004 - 05:49 pm

Placebo effect? Nope.

Posted By: Minstrel Nov 05, 2004 - 07:27 pm

Presque Vu

It's called prophecy. I've had it. My dad has had it several times.

Posted By: Queen Ehlana Nov 05, 2004 - 09:16 pm

How is presque vu prophecy based on the above definition? In case you don't know, "presque vu" literally means "almost seen."

Posted By: Magus Nov 05, 2004 - 09:41 pm

I don't know. I heard that it was the ability of remembering the future, not foreseeing it but seeing it as a memory like you would any other.

Posted By: Silent Whisperer Jan 25, 2005 - 05:10 am

Wow. Interesting - When I'm alone in the house I always have a feeling of being watched - but I feel safe, especially in my bedroom, which I think is haunted - I've heard and seen some wierd things that can't be explained in there.

My friend hates the expression 'Someones walking on your grave' - I on the other hand, love the idea of the future being predetermined and it happening as we speak.

Posted By: gnollslayer Jan 25, 2005 - 03:01 pm

Here's a couple:

When I was eight, I was sitting in bed about to go to sleep and I felt like I was rising off my bed. When I woke up, I was hovering about two feet above my bed and I fell down. It sounds like it could be a dream, but I was fully awake when I looked down. Pretty wierd.

The first year "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" was on the air, I was watching and before the $250,000 dollar question came up I said, "B - Paris, and they're gonna get it right." It might just have been a lucky guess, but I was right about it.

One of my friends has an aunt who can frequently and reliably "see" the future in dreams. Apparently, it runs in his family on his mom's side, but only for the women, and only some of them. One of his great-grandmothers (I don't know how many greats) had a dream about the Titanic sinking and told her husband not to go after he had already bought a ticket.

There's a ghost in my local grocery store. The same friend who has the psychic aunt worked night shift there, and he almost got hit with a falling pipe. Other workers there have seen hand prints form out of the mist on the freezer doors, and some have seen people walking on the security cameras when there's not actually anyone there.

It might be tied to saltwater. I've heard that ghost sightings usually occur in areas where water, salt, and electricity are presenst, sometimes in trace amounts but more frequently where there is more of each component. The grocery store is right by the harbor and uses more electricity than most other places in town.

Posted By: Silent Whisperer Jan 26, 2005 - 03:28 am

Apparently theres one in our local cinema. One night, after it was closed, two attendants were cleaning the aisles, when the screen turned itself on and the face of a man appeared on it.
Other people have seen the ghost of the guy sitting in the seats.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 23, 2005 - 01:58 pm

I've had some very interesting experiences with
precognative dreams and psychic experiences.Also one very brief out-of body experience that really blew my mind!Because of these things I will forever remain open-minded...

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 24, 2005 - 08:13 am

I've had many, many paranormal experiences. I seem to be one of those extra-sensory people. lol. I believe because I have, what I call, an explicit sensitivty to things, that I am open to far more encounters than normal. I have had some really wild outer body experiences also, Ariel. Although, out-of-reality experience would be more exact.

It's strange when you talk this frankly about things that most people regard as craaazy, isn't it? Yet, it feels really good to know you're not alone. I think most people experience paranormal experiences of some kind, but usually just pass them off as nonsense or "seeing things" and forget them.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 24, 2005 - 02:36 pm

It's strange and wonderful to be able to talk freely about topics that most people think are crazy.I believe that many people are afraid of things they don't understand.Also it's difficult
for someone to comprehend what they themselves have never experienced.I'll tell you Neurolanis,if I myself never had the experiences that I've had,I wouldn't believe us iether!
Yes,it does indeed feel really good to know you're not alone.What other paranormal topics are you interested in???

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 24, 2005 - 05:47 pm

I agree, Ariel. I would think us crazy too. That's why I can't blame people for calling it nonsense. I made fun of a bunch of girls once for believing in ghosts, and then I saw one!

What paranormal subjects interest me? I have yet to find one that doesn't. UFO's/Alien Abduction (little white men who abduct people, not people who abduct little white men ), ghosts or the afterlife, mysterious rings etc. in the fields, Bigfoot creatures, deja vu (excuse spelling), "the Light" (higher power), fairies, witchcraft, self-healing, spontaneous human combustion, and sorts of other stuff.

There have been many UFO and paranormal sightings where I'm living right now. Many strange lights, and I've seen them many times. They'll shoot into the sky like bursts of lightning moving upward, or twirl in through mid-air, sometimes like flat disks, dissolving into nothingness. There are many strange sounds people around here have heard also. Some of it is the coyotes, but people have reported hearing Native or Spanish-like HI-YI-YI! type yelling. There used to be Gypsies here long ago ...

One time I went for a walk in the woods and stopped to sit on a rock to rest. I looked down over the trees over the land which bent down below. It was a beautiful sight. Then, I heard a very exotic bird noise from down in the trees. It was a very clear and real noise, and fairly close. The bird noise turned into a distinctively intelligent, mocking laughter that no ordinary person could make. Maybe some one with a rare gift for doing weird sounds with their throat. Anyway, a weird, mocking laughter, kind of high-pitched. That turned into a cote-like howling. but not too loud, and then back into the bird noise. This was all as one vocal expression!

Then, I felt a dark energy massing in those trees below. I felt it coming from the woods all around, forming a dense consciousness. I felt this dark consciousness moving towards me. I told myself to be brave and wait and see for myself what it was. But a voice in my head seemed to say run! So I walked away very quickly. I felt the dark consciousness perusing me. The closer I got back to society, along the four-wheeler track, the more I felt it fraying and fragmenting. Eventually, it was gone.

Of course, that last part may have been my imagination. Now, it's hard to tell. But I know for sure what I heard, even though it defies reason.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 24, 2005 - 06:14 pm

There are some interesting magazines on U.f.o's,and the paranormal as well as tons of fascinating books.That bird-noise thing sounds spooky!The dark energy sounds even more frightening.I know a hypnotist who worked on an abduction case.Ghosts and the afterlife have always fascinated me.There are many things I like to explore and consider.This forum is a treasure where we can all share thoughts and ideas,experiences,and what-not.Think I'm going to be very happy here!Oh,Tell us about your ghost sighting!!!

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 24, 2005 - 06:51 pm

Well, I had two. Here's one: I woke up one morning -- a year or two ago -- and saw a figure of a man standing before me. It was still, like a cut-out black figure. The bottom half was see-through, its feet would have been right on my dog! (She was sleeping on a mat by my bed.) It was facing me. The shape of the head, ears, and shoulders were unquestionable. I turned my lamp on, so I couldn't see it, and went back to sleep. The next morning I woke up and had the same exact experience -- only it was a foot or two closer. It was like a story. I was afraid the next night it would be even closer, but I've never seen it sense.

You know a hypnotist who worked on an abduction case? Wow, that's pretty creapy to me!

Posted By: Ariel Mar 25, 2005 - 06:07 am

To him as well.He thought it would be a simple case of psychological trauma.He went in skeptical and came away a believer that something mysterious and un-explained occurred.You have to sift through a ton of nonsense to uncover serious U.F.O. studies.There are too many credible witnesses for us not to believe something strange is going on.Astronauts,police officers,witnesses from all over the world,multiple witnesses etc.In such a vast universe we would be vain to think we are alone here.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 25, 2005 - 06:07 am

To him as well.He thought it would be a simple case of psychological trauma.He went in skeptical and came away a believer that something mysterious and un-explained occurred.You have to sift through a ton of nonsense to uncover serious U.F.O. studies.There are too many credible witnesses for us not to believe something strange is going on.Astronauts,police officers,witnesses from all over the world,multiple witnesses etc.In such a vast universe we would be vain to think we are alone here.

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 25, 2005 - 03:38 pm

I agree. I've seen multiple interviews on TV with people who claimed to have been abducted, and I think it's obvious that many of them are telling the truth, as they see it at least. It's hard to know what it's all about, of course. If those little white men are real my guess is that they are closely related to us. They are anthropoids, aren't they? Of course they may be wearing white suits, and those black "eyes" may be lenses -- like in "Fire in the Sky."

Yeah, it is a huge universe. I think shamans have long, long believed that we are descended from a race of aliens which came from long away and created us so that they wouldn't be alone. It seemed they were dying from a gynetic disease or something. I'm no expert in this however, but it is said that people who are led into a deep trance by a shaman can see this ancient event play out abstractly. So I believe the alien thing is a very old idea.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 25, 2005 - 05:14 pm

I have to chuckle when you mention one of the alien races as "little white men".They are reffered to as the "greys".They may be from another dimension rather than extraterrestrial.Not sure.Read so many books on so many fascinating subjects,it's difficult to retain all the information I've collected.Much of it is speculation but some things make more sense than others.

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 25, 2005 - 05:23 pm

Yeah, it's possible that they're right here right now and we just can't see them. I used to think they were like fairies who wore space suits and built magical space ships. Hey, it's possible.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 25, 2005 - 05:43 pm

Are you serious or just being cute?I preffer to keep my aliens and fairies seperate.I think fairies are mythical enchanting and beautiful beings.Of course there are those who swear they are real.I would love for that to be true.I'm waiting for someone to say "If you believe in fairies,clap your hands!"Or first star to the right,streight on to morning,or however that goes.
I almost clapped.I've really got to get some sleep.almost quarter of ten, was up really early
this morning...till next time,G'night

Posted By: stereobandito Mar 26, 2005 - 05:11 am

It's nice to know I can disclose something here that I've always been reluctant to talk about. It's not my personal supernatural experience, but my grandmother's, who passed away some years ago.

During the war, my grandfather was shot above the heart whilst surveying an area from a tank. When this happened, it was a very distinct reality that he was going to die. Shortly after the incident, my grandmother received a telegram notifying her that my grandfather was seriously wounded. Of course, she was terrified, and she slowly walked upstairs and lay on the bed.

This is where she reported seeing an angel sitting on her windowsill. The angel told my grandmother that my grandfather would be alright, and a soothing feeling sank into her body. The next telegram she received was one telling her that my grandfather had made a recovery. Whether it was a dream of my grandmothers or a true supernatural experience I don't know, but I've always remained open minded.

My cousin has also seen a ghost whilst on holiday. She came across an elderly man playing a flute whilst lost in some woods when she was only about six or seven. The old man saw her and gently approached her. He asked her why she was walking all alone in the woods and she told him that she was lost. The old man gave her a warm smile and took her by the hand. He led her out of the forest and towards the caravan site where my aunt and uncle where staying. Once there, she ran to tell her mother and father, but as she glanced back, the figure of the old man started to fade away, waving at her as a final farewell.

It seems so strange for people to understand, but it's good to know that there are people out there who are prepared to hear what you have to say and take it on board.

Thanks...
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:39 pm

Posted By: Ariel Mar 26, 2005 - 06:20 am

You'll always be welcome here.Many of us have had things happen in our lives that we cannot easily dismiss or explain.We know we're not fruit loops or phsycologically impaired.There are fascinating and mysterious things going on in the world and it's a pleasure to be able to share what we think and feel.

Everyone please don't hesitate to jump right in!!
Stereobandito,really enjoyed your in-put!

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 26, 2005 - 08:49 am

Wow, thanks for that, Stereobandito. I like the angel story. My granpartents had a pyshic connection as he fought in WW2 also. A soldier came to him with a knife while he slept. She saw this in a dream and called out to him. He heard her voice call to him as he slept, raised his gun and took the man hostage.

The ghost story was really surreal also.

Going back to the fairies thing, you know many fairy stories from all over the world described haunting, frightening demon-like fairies. Not all were like little men and women. I myself, while in the woods, have often felt i was being watched. Soemtimes I've seen and heard bushes moving as if a rabbit-size creature was moving through them, yet several times I could see perfectly that there was nothing moving through them, like the bushes -- or tall grass in some cases -- were just moving on their own. (And no, it wasn't the wind! )

Posted By: Ariel Mar 26, 2005 - 09:37 am

Ever seen the artwork of Brian Froud??He has some interesting looking fairies!

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 26, 2005 - 09:55 am

Oh yeah! He is really great! He and his wife designed the creatures in "the Dark Crystal" I do believe. Great stuff!

Posted By: Ariel Mar 26, 2005 - 01:39 pm

There are amazingly talented artist who do fairies.I could spend days on some sites!!!

Where are all the paranormal people?This is one of my favorite topics.

Loved the story about your grandparents Neurolanis.Where did you get that name from???
Loved The Dark Crystal movie!

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 26, 2005 - 03:33 pm

Where did I get what name from?

On the week-ends this site usually dies down, yet the consistency of the posts always varies week to week.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 26, 2005 - 05:01 pm

Your posting name"Neurolanis".

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 27, 2005 - 11:47 am

Yes. lol. Well, the first time I went online I went on Yahoo Games. Of course, I quickly realized that every possible name I could think up was all ready taken. And I did not want to be something_54 or something5674 or whatever. So I tried to come up with a name that I could use there and everywhere without worrying about it. So I thought neuro ... land ... Neurolanis! I was born! Well, sort of. Anyway, that's all.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 27, 2005 - 04:41 pm

I'm using my cats name!

Posted By: Magus Mar 27, 2005 - 05:28 pm

I'm using a name I thought I made up but ended up being an actual word. But I doubt that this relates to our paranormal experiences, so back on topic please.

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 27, 2005 - 06:00 pm

Cat's name? That still begs the question: why did you name your cat Ariel?

Yeah, Magus you would think that. He's a moderator now. Watch him throwing his wieght around, Ariel!

You know, I think there is an unconscious world here with us always. I'm not sure if this world and its "creepy crawlies" are real in that dimension, or just fictional, or how it relates to aliens and boogedy men (ghosts.) But anyways, I wonder what other people think about this ... Unconscious World?

Posted By: Ariel Mar 27, 2005 - 06:32 pm

Awesome question!Will ponder that one for a little while.It's late so Ill come back tomorrow.Maybe by then others will have offered a theory or two.

Magus,you're doing a fine job moderating !!!

Neurolanis,if you want,just e-mail me.I usually want to say more about your postings ,but don't want to monopolize the conversations here

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 28, 2005 - 04:48 pm

Yeah, I might do that when I have more time. It takes an effort just to scramle through all these posts every day. Lazy!

Posted By: Ariel Mar 28, 2005 - 05:08 pm

Would love to hear others comment on your unconcious world.Don't want to post a quick reply.Still pondering.Are we the only ones in here??HELLO?Is anyone home??

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 28, 2005 - 05:31 pm

I'm home. lol. This site isn't THAT busy, especially on week-ends!

Posted By: Ariel Mar 29, 2005 - 04:40 pm

I believe in other dimensions.

With ghosts,supposedly they are spirits with unfinished business.It is also said that some ghostly happenings are imprints on the environment.

Aliens on the other hand ,I would think some are
extraterrestrial, but in some cases it makes more sense that they are of a different dimension.I swear,the more I read on that subject,the weirder
it gets.Fascinating nonetheless.

O.K. it's Teusday...

Posted By: Neurolanis Mar 30, 2005 - 12:39 pm

Yeah, but there have been beliefs ivolving Faeries and what not that deal with internal forces becoming external -- existing between the two, rather. It's possible. We too exist in both. The unconscious self is internal.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 30, 2005 - 03:14 pm

Think I've read about that before.I'll have to find where I read it.

Posted By: Dark Knight Mar 31, 2005 - 02:24 pm

Some people say Ghosts are actually cause by Demons....

Demons (evil angels) and Satan are at work to deceive us......

So when you see a ghost, it is actually some thing that is cause by a demon....it is not actually a dead person with unfinished business....

Posted By: Ariel Mar 31, 2005 - 02:41 pm

What about the benevolent ghosts?The quiet ones who do no harm?

The evil ones like poltergeist,those I believe are evil.
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Postby Magus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Posted By: LightBrigade Mar 31, 2005 - 03:55 pm

Demons, angels and other entities of subtle form may exist. That the human being experience has recorded ghostly presence has not to do with their existence or the validity of their existence but with the way man perceives part of the world we live in. Which is more often than not, subjective, lying under mood, physical state, psychological condition and potential and a host of other parameters, many of which are measurable, like the concentration of certain chemical substances in the body. Or such as the special need one may have at a particular time.

Some demons are of nature which may manifest in a way similar to what we call ghosts. Others are of various different kinds of nature - all that put in as simple words as possible.

Some demons are at work to deceive people. Not all of them doing it because they serve a larger plan. It is in their nature and perhaps purpose of existence.

Satan might possibly be perceived as exactly that in its manifestations. That compelling power is attributed to it, and the magnitude or force of that power, might be argumentative.

Of benevolent ghosts, there are witnesses. A benevolent entity goes where it belongs. (Goes or stays?)

Hm! *s* Some contended they witnessed the apparition of perhaps the most gentle of the human beings ever to walk on this planet, risen from the dead. Was not that a ghost, I wonder.

Posted By: Ariel Mar 31, 2005 - 04:32 pm

A holy spirit !

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 01, 2005 - 09:48 am

I certainly believe that ghosts are real. Floating lights, orbs, abstract shadow forms, I've seen them all. But not always alone. I have seen things with other people. And several times a cat would see what I saw also. So, perhaps mood effects how you perceive things, but I doubt it is the cause of it.

And ghosts can be as they seem. I knew plenty of ghost storied about people who had died and only left after a certain thing was revealed, a room was refurnished, etc. But, it is possible that some entity familiar with the individual has assumed their form in "death", driven by the emotional desires of that lost human being. Perhaps these spirits exist inside each of us. It is an interesting idea.

Posted By: Ariel Apr 01, 2005 - 01:12 pm

I believe in ghosts even though I've never seen one.There is a restaurant in a nearby town that is currently being investigated by paranormal researchers.I've been to this historical building and all the people working there have stories to tell.There was an article in a magazine about it.

The orbs you spoke of Neuro,are a fairly new phenomenon and people have different theories as to what they may be.As for a cat seeing something that you did,they say that animals are sensitive to those things.

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 01, 2005 - 05:28 pm

Orbs are a new thing? I suppose I haven't heard historical paranormal tales involving orbs, just ghosts. I wonder what some theories could be on them? I know many say they're a purer physical form for a spirit, but this wouldn't explain why they are a newer phenomenon.

Posted By: Ariel Apr 01, 2005 - 06:42 pm

The cameras we have today are able to detect them.
As for the theories I'll have to check my reading material.

Posted By: Utora Apr 03, 2005 - 05:22 am

Has anyone actually had any paranormal experiences?

Posted By: Ariel Apr 03, 2005 - 03:33 pm

Have you Utoro?Would love to hear about
your experiences !!

Posted By: LightBrigade Apr 03, 2005 - 04:32 pm

Neurolanis, reading your morning post of 1st April, one wonders how you could possibly be so sure that you have seen _all_ kinds of ghosts - unless you have managed to compile investigating experience of the whole world of the paranormal. Or how you can be sure about _what_ a cat saw - unless you can communicate with felines. Unless both fall in the traditional humour of the day (1st April).

Nice font colours :-) but since they can't be read, one may attribute it to only play :-))

Ariel, any expert in the imaging industry may assure one that the cameras we have at our disposal today fall within the specifications and calibration necessary for us to record visual and audio signals well outside the human natural capacity of perception. Due to the inevitable limitations of technology, science and their progress, however, it would sound rather arbitrary nevertheless, for one to contend we are able to thus record _all_ of what lies outside the natural perceptive capacity of the humamn being, i.e. all manifestations or kinds of orbs, ghosts and such phenomena.

I remember an utterance said in a familiar tempest, something about there being more on earth and heavens than what our imagination can think of. (Shaking-a-spear and speaking to Horatio here.)

Utora, some have had. As one reads about them here and more abundantly elsewhere, two criteria for their validity might be some identification of any similar experience or some scientific evidence. Is there any interest about a particular field of paranormal experience?

The question arises because most people appear to converge to anything paranormal to do with death, their death actually although few of those who discuss about the paranormal do admit it is the fear about the end of their life which leads them to engage in such discussions. Not always, not all of them, of course! *s*

Posted By: Ariel Apr 03, 2005 - 05:15 pm

Sorry Lightbrigade,I've kind of grown fond of my color fontSeems that the appearance of orbs were first noticed when digital camaras
came into use,though I could be wrong.

It wasn't the fear of death that lead me to the fascination with the paranormal.After having precognative dreams,some knowlege of things happening before they actually occured,etc. left me open-minded to other phenomenon.Though I don't
believe every little thing I read or hear about,
it's difficult to dismiss everything as easily as
others...

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 03, 2005 - 05:48 pm

How did I know what the cat was seeing? I don't. Sense we both turned out heads at the same exact time, looking at the same exact place, and reacted in a similar way to it -- startlement -- I just presumed.

Posted By: Ariel Apr 03, 2005 - 06:48 pm

that's what I would figure.I bet the cat sensed it first.

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 03, 2005 - 06:51 pm

Yes! He did.

Posted By: Ariel Apr 08, 2005 - 02:48 pm

Any new stories Neuro??Anybody??

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 08, 2005 - 05:20 pm

Um, well, there's lots but I'm kind of tired. Getting late for me.

Posted By: Ariel Apr 09, 2005 - 05:37 am

O.K,When you're ready!!

Posted By: Neurolanis Apr 09, 2005 - 09:12 am

People are gonna think us bonkers here, Ariel! lol. How many people are reading this and not commenting just see what what us whackos are rambling on about next?

Ok, one time I was going for a walk on the tracks -- that is, an abandoned railroad track that goes all through Canada, and right past here (you can go for a solitary walk through the woods the easy way! And of course, the tracks themselves have long been gone. Gravel and grass now.) Anyway, so it was a bright and sunny afternoon on a Saturday I think. Anyway, I saw this figure moving my way as I headed back home. It was very large and furry, and I was sure it was a bear, for its size, shape, and the way it moved. Yet, it walked easily on its hind legs!

I was obviously alarmed, but having seen many strange animal forms before it didn't seem at THAT unusual at first. When this creature noticed me heading its way, it would stop and look over the woods to the left (my left.) It was obviously nervous about me and wanted to sneak away but tried to act casual, like it was just looking over the woods to admire its beauty. When it was turned side-to like this, I couldn't help but notice that it looked more like a man. An old man, by the shape of the face and the intelligent way that it moved. Diffidently not a bear! An old man with a fur coat, I thought. Yet when it started moving towards me again I was reminded by its large size, build, and body fur. The way it moved, I was sure it was a bear! It kept doing this, stopping and looking back and forth, and then moving towards me again. A bear-man, I remember thinking.

Well, I had no idea what this thing was. I just told myself to be cool, and show no fear. I just sort of glanced at it somewhat, as the closer we got the more fearful I got. As we got close, I was surprised that -- despite how sunny it was and that we were not at all shaded -- the creature still appeared as a walking shadow form. Also, I could not hear its feet moving on the gravel! My feet were making quite a noise on that dry gravel, as there were no other sounds. No wind, planes going by, or anything.

When we got quite close -- guessing, maybe within thirty feet of each other -- he finally turned and walked over the high gravel edge, down through the bushes, and into the woods. I was amazed that he did this without making a sound! Not even a twig snapping! I hurried along and looked into the woods, which were quite open to my view. He was gone. There was no sound. Just past those trees was the highway, so, I'm not sure where he/it went to. I thought it some strange spirit who journeyed through the woods or something. I continued home, and practically forgot all about it.

Just a couple weeks ago I saw a report on Big Foots on the Discovery Channel. They described much like what I had seen -- a large, furry man, not quite animal and not quite man. An ape-man, who moves without sound and leaving no trace, etc. I'm not sure if that's what I saw, but a Big Foot at a distance might be described as a "bear-man."

Add a Message

Clipart Listing

Username: You
Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Oh!

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:21 am

Gee, I ddn't realize you were a girl, Ariel! I'm sorry, but I guess where you said you were senstitive I just presumed. I guess it usually seems that mostlu guys discuss paranormal stuff for some reason. Stereotypical, call me! :P
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 pm

You thought I was a guy?? :shock: That's so funny!! :flower:

I knew I could count on you to share yet another experience!Strange!Were you scared?

Yes,I'm sure there are a lot of people who come to see what us whackos are rambling on about who don't post anything,Well,
at the very least,I'm sure we provide a little entertainment.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:14 pm

Not that you talk like a guy, I just thought you were a sensitive one. Boy oh boy. :silent:

Yeah, I'm sure we do entertain! lol. Um, did you read my last post on the old SV under "paranormal experiences"?? I wrote about my possibly Big Foot experience. It's still there, although you can't post a reply. I have lots more, it just seems wierd that I have so many. How about you?
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:19 pm

Maybe tomorrow.It's late and I really need to get some rest! :dwarf: Sweet dreams!!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Next

Return to Speculation