speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Paranormal

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:05 pm

Sorry I've been away. Computer trouble. :cry:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Jesse » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:43 pm

I daily see shadow people, if that counts.
Jesse
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Ariel » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:05 pm

WELCOME JESSE! Tell us more about your experience!!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Hi

Postby wizardess » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:03 pm

Yes Jesse this is the kind of stuff we love. Please tell us.

I have found a couple fantasy art sites I've joined and its just so
exciting.I'm so glad to be getting so much great comments.
wizardess
New User
New User

Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Ariel » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:15 pm

That's wonderful Wizardess :hug:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Thanks

Postby wizardess » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:59 pm

Thanks Ariel you are always so supportive of what everyone
is doing. Thanks for being such a Sweetie.
wizardess
New User
New User

Art: View My Art Gallery

Postby Ariel » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:30 am

:flower:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Once I believed there were no such things as Ghosts

Postby Kromaethius » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 pm

I was just cruising through the forum and begn reading whatever struck my interests. "The Paranormal, yeah, how serious is this?" I seen and read a good many a forum, different views, speculations, thoughts and opinions on the subject, besides, who doesn't?

I've been around the block, like some of you out here, a couple of three times or so and in life's journey through time, I learned not to be so quick to judge things or matters. I mean in the 60's growing up, I saw and experienced things but as I grew older through the 70's and early 80's I thought, yup my over-extended imagination in the paranormal and those "things" I've seen and felt? Just my imagination and my mind's youthful attempts on getting its arms around something I didn't understand or could explain.

My opinion changed drastically in the mid 80's when my two little lads experienced an apparition that would visit them regularly, the "Freindly Old Man" would come and visit them both after they would be turned in for the evening. This didn't happen just a couple of times, but on many occasions through their early years at several different locations and cities that we've moved to.

As a young father, I would dismiss these "tales" or episodes as childhood bouts of imagination. However the "sightings" continued no matter what I thought or said. After a while I just gave up and kept my peace looking for any kind of sign of something that would be more serious, something that may require my attention to turn more serious -- It never did, and occasionally the stories continued, it was never bad, I mean the episodes of the "Freindly Old Man".

To make a long story short, my Grandmother, my boys' Great Grandmother came to visit us before her passing. She brought with her, the many photos. On a quiet New England night she showed the photos and images to my two lads sitting there looking on. She showed picture of her husband in the 1930's through the 60's and they remained quiet. It wasn't until they saw a picture on the following page or a white haired old gentleman when the boy exasperated that this was the "Freindly Old Man" that came and visited them on many, many occasions.

You see my two lads never got to meet their Great Granddad, he died in 1980 and Brian my eldest son was born on December 1981. I never had any old photos or photos at all of my granddad for them to see, there was nothing that could of linked the "Freindly Old Man" to my granddad before this meeting with their Great Grandmother. They all were convinced beyond any doubt, and reluctant as I was then, I knew there was something to this all, something that goes beyond the "Scientific."

It turned out that everyone in the family has had some sort of encounter or episode with my Granddad up until my Grandmother's passing. After my Grandmother died when she was 95 years old, seems that my granddad's sightings has come to an end.

Never the less, that experience began to change my mind, there were other experiences that I encountered, some much more "demonic" others just flat spooky and seemingly odd. Well, I am a believer in the supernatural. I just wanted to share with everyone of an experience that my childed encountered, and something no matter how hard I want to deny, I cannot.

Thanks...
Kromaethius
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Ariel » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:28 pm

Kromaethious, thanks so much for sharing that. I know it takes courage sometimes to relate a paranormal experience.That was an amazing account! I would like very much to hear more about your experiences.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:33 pm

Always cool to hear more peopls' experiences. 8)
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby wizardess » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:11 am

Kromaethius Thankyou for sharing that most interesting
account. I would love to hear more if you have more.Its
always nice to hear from new people.

I've been swamped with work and on the internet trying to
get my art out there.I'm busy times three.Glad I poped back
to catch up though.
wizardess
New User