speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Paranormal

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Why green.

Postby RHFay » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 pm

LightBrigade wrote:The first cause is related to superstition and myths about dark entities like shadows, morva (morvas plural) they are called predominantly. These shadows are said to pester people to haunt or to frighten them; they bring their weight down on them which is felt physically and causes phenomena of asphyxia, depression, disorientation, panic and unhappiness which lasts to disturb the normal pace of life.

Hey LightBrigade!

Thanks for your thoughtful and intriguing input.

I've heard of basically the same phenomena called "night hag". There is a debate whether this is caused by actual beings, or something to do with the semi-conscious brain. Either way, they are terrifying experiences.

I've also heard at least one personal account of a full-fledged human apparition causing a similar phenomena (sitting on the chest and causing difficulty breathing), so perhaps there's more to it than mere psychology and physiology.

As for the colour green; it makes sense that it could be the part of the apparition most visible to the human eye. The green thing I saw did seem to have a slight luminescence to it. There were also streaks of a greenish-brown, as if other colours of the spectrum mixed in at those points. Perhaps those spirits not strong enough to materialize as full apparitions can only manage to come through in the most luminescent of the colours they emit. Then again, perhaps it's all in the mind, and they can only touch on certain receptors in the brain.

So, are you saying if you see a dark red entity, look out?

Does this have any correlation to the supposed auras that some people see around other people? I'm just curious.

Be careful peering into the dark. You never know what you'll see, or what will be looking back at you!
RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Neurolanis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:19 pm

I have a friend on another site who has had ample experiences with the Dream Hag (or Night Hag, Sleep Hag, Old Hag, etc.) He claims she is a real entity.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:50 pm

It is sleep paralysis.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Ariel » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:53 pm

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:47 pm

I dunno. Why do people always see the Dream Hag the same way? An old woman, short and ugly. Why not a young man or a moose or a red-glowing angel or a balding fat man? Always the same image.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 pm

True. Hmmm...
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:51 pm

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Paranormal

Postby Ariel » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm

Starfire, you can share your paranormal experiences here. :D
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Starfire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:08 pm

You are a real sweetie to point the way. Not sure where to begin. I guess it will start with last April when I tagged along to a healing and reading exchange with a friend at work. She went a mind body spirit expo and met a woman there who has a metaphysical ministry. Her email said a pot luck dinner healings and reading will done afterwords. I pictured a church potluck. It was nothing like that. We went and things were under way when we got there.

It turned out to be a psychic school and her students meet once a month to practice on each other. The energy healers heal and the psychics do reading. It was a really neat evening. I watched the leader to a reading on a man she said his mother was there. I could feel the breeze blow by me as she went to him. I could feel the stinging cold on my arm. Why she was done, I told her I still feel cold. She said his mother wants you to tell him something. (He had done a reading for me earlier.) I felt great feeling of love and pride. I told him what I felt. She said I just did my first medium reading and it's just that easy.

That night sent me to an obsession with the paranormal. I used to fear ghost, but not I know I have to power to send them away. I sent one of my guides away as a kid. He was a father in a previous life. She said the other is a fairy. (I had just competed Doreen Virtue's "Healing with the Fairies" and thought she had lost her mind." Then I had to face that I had one with me. It's weird. I see her in meditation. She appears as a blonde with bound back curly hair. Not the way I would think a fairy would look. She said I used to play with her till I was about 5.
I also have Archangel Gabriel and my grandmother as guides.

Do you know you guides?
Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Ariel » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 am

I had reiki done on me. I could feel the healing energy and was just amazed! As for spirit guides, I have no clue. Tried meditating on that many times but...nothing.

Have you practiced with your tarot cards much? How have the results been?
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Starfire » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:27 am

Yes. I also do Runes. Runes I find are a bit more accurate. The last months at my last job were horrible. I used Tarot everyday. It was more a what's to come than what to do. The only time I got advice that was useful and that I regret not following was to get agreements in writing. It was the eight of swords. The card has a woman wearing a blindfold and making her way through a fence of swords. Far behind her is a castle. The shows she has come a long way and is almost free. I left my job that day. I told them that morning and I owed them a ton of money, but I could put up with the conflict there anymore. The HR manager pulled some strings to let me leave without paying back the money and a few weeks of severence and benefits. I left in September and am now just getting calls back for jobs. I should have gotten an ok for unemployment before walking out. Oh well. Live and learn.

The other part of this is I had the leader of the psychic school tell me I would only be at my job another few months. I cleaned out my desk and it took a fews days to get my stuff home. So I was ready mentally and physically. My Spirit guide father told me the date and I would leave with money. I put the date on my email calendar and waited. When it bumped up all hell broke loose. I could not stop it, but I was ready and I knew the out come was going to be ok.

I guess what I am hoping to impart to you is the cards can only tell you so much. Develop you intuition. The cards are a focal point of what you need to be aware of. This is where to focus or ask you guides about. You tube has some really good advice to contact your guides. Learn to meditate and open your shakras.
Starfire
Site Regular
Site Regular

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Ariel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Cool! I love youtube! Will check it out when I have more time.

Have you been on any paranormal investigations or been to a paranormal presentation?
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation