speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Paranormal

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Ariel » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:43 pm

Well said my friend!

There are astronauts,airoplane pilots,police officers etc.who have
witnessed the sighting of u.f.o's.I would consider them credible witnesses as they risk losing there carreers and being humiliated.

There have been people who never believed in ghosts,or spirits or whatever you may call them,until they themselves were witness to an apparition.

As for precognative dreams or psychic experiences,these things arn't fanciful,they are a fact.Neurolanis,you made an interesting point about your mind being empty and emotionally open.
When I was younger and more carefree and without stress,I had frequent experiences,now they are few and far between.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:50 pm

Yes. When your mind is busy and emotions closed you percieve nothing extraordinary.

Sigh. It's late. Talk later. :dwarf:
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Xyster » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:58 am

I think I have some sort of precognition...but it's in a very strange form. Instead of having some sort of normal dream, which I very rarely do, my dreams often come across as simple scenery or strange fights.

More often than not, it's just a consequence of too much anime and gaming too late at night. Sometimes though, and it may take years to place it, I come across the exact same scene or fight as I'm driving or playing a game I've never seen before. It's not so much of a resemblance as an identical appearance, down to my veiw and who I'm with.

I don't know if this counts as paranormal or just makes me legally insane, but that's what I'm capable of...I still have them quite often too.
Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:55 pm

What an interesting story about your nephew Uturo!

Zyster,yes,that's precognition!The first few times it happened to
me I thought wow , that's amazing,how did I know that??It didn't seem possible,but it was.Gives you a new perspective on life!! :flower:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:57 pm

OOPS!Sorry about the misspelled names!! :oops:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:33 pm

I'm not sure myself, Xyster. Could be.

I've had dreams lately about being chased. I'm in a sports car and my mother and sister are there helping me, and this old bald guy is chasing me on foot! It's mad GO GO GO down all sorts of abstract underground parking lots and terminals. It's something like a race track set I had as a kid, for those little toy cars. Strange. But it's a real rush.

Not exactly paranormal, just mentioned it as we got on dreams. Not sure what it could mean..
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Let's get back onto paranormal stuff.

Where's Ariel???

Um, I think that life is crazy. Truly. Sanity is like a dream or mask to keep you strait and focused. Really, reality is very abstract. Possibilities are practically endless. I believe life is a melody of energy, and therefore FEELING is what life is built upon. Both graceful and wild at the same time. Through our feelings we can better see the real life behind the mask of "sanity." Feelings can uplift you, or pull you deep inside. At any rate, away from the materialism and lies of the "sane" world.

Am I defending madness now? That must make me crazy!

Anyway, through sensitivity one better experiences emotion and thus can more deeply experience life. Perceiving more isolates you, and makes life harder in many ways. Its rewards are obvious however, as following these explicit feelings can allow you to feel a rapture of joy unfelt by the normal, "sane" individual.

What am I rambling about here? Oh, the usual: extreme self-truth, against the confines of society. But when you close your "sane" mind and open your senses, it is so amazing what you begin to find! It frightens you as you reach the rim, and most people turn back as they do! Some one like me has no choice. I cannot escape my feelings, nor my instincts, nor the wild and "out there" experiences that follow.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:48 am

Speaking of life,mine has been rather hectic lately and I've been a little down,but I'm here Neurolanis!

Wow Neuro, your post is so eloquent,articulate,and insightful!!Life is indeed a melody of energy.I too believe that through our emotions we can better see the real life behind the mask of
"sanity".There is much wisdom in what you say.True,"feelings can uplift you,or pull you deep inside.At any rate,away from the materialism and lies of the insane world"I concur !

I'm wondering how many members are shy about posting here.So
often,I come across people who say they would never tell others
about there strange experiences because they're afraid of what people will say or think about them.We're not alone my friends.
Some of us are just a little braver ,more vocal.Warriors defend your ground ! :wink: :viking: :cheers:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:36 pm

:spiderman: Absolutely we do.

I'm not sure how much of a warrior I've been. But I certainly can stand my ground when I want to. It's easier here, where no one really knows who you are! :P Well, sort of don't.

Thanks for your comments, Ariel! You're very nice!
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:09 pm

You're welcome new friend!

Lots of people peeking in,but usually it's just a few of us sharing our views.Come out,come out wherever you are!We're seeking new recruits! :D

If I can ever read through the collection of magazines and books I have piled in wicker baskets and on shelves,I'd have more to add.
I have so much info it's hard to retain it all!!!

What do you make of ancient artifacts??? :shock: :scratch:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:28 pm

Ancient artifacts. Strangely a fav subject of mine! My stories always feature many. Hmn. Well they bare a fragment of the past reality. I believe that emotions and spiritualism flows through the air. (Ever walked in a room where a couple was fighting? You can FEEL it in the air like fog!) And into objects as well. (Psychics can sometimes hold and object and see things about the one who held it.) So, ancient objects carry with them ancient emotions, spiritual power and truth. It's like holding magic in your hands. Of course, it can be a bad thing! (Negative energy.)

And they were BUILT from the past, so their very make and design speaks a great deal. You can feel your whole psychology change when you leave the city and step alone into the woods, or vice-versa. So too does it affect the way you think to hold an ancient artifact I think. Maybe you lived in a past life as an ancient person ... but certainly you are genetically and thus spiritually connected to the past ... so it bares a deep, buried unconscious connection..
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:51 pm

Yes,I understand what you mean about feeling the energy of things.

I swear sometimes we're the only ones in here.

You can sense the vibrations or energy of people and material things.Like when you go to an antique store,or visit a historical building or place.You just feel completely different.

I have to laugh,I'm sorry but WE know what we're talking about,but
others who visit our area who arn't into this must be humming the theme song to the twilight zone!! :lol: This laughing smiley has a twitching problem!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation