speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Paranormal

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby Neurolanis » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:58 pm

:lol:

It's like a private conversation in a busy cafe, I know. Of course everyone's invited to join but they are either too scared or think we're nuts. It's like that song by Garth Brooks, "Standing Outside the Fire." You only really live if you jump in. Ah well. People have come before and will again.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:17 pm

Welcome to The Busy Cafe now open...

Yes ,eventually some brave soul will venture in.In the meantime,tell me of your ancient artifacts research.What are your theories???
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:03 pm

Well, I've said about my ghost stories, my possible Big Foot encounter ... why stop there?

Rightyoutythen, [clears throat]

I've seen flashes of white light lately about the trees around here. Several people have seen them also. I know not what they are. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes and sharpness. Somtimes they dwindle then fragment, othertimes they appear only in a flash and are gone before you knew they were there! At night people descibe seeing these lights flashing in the sky like a celebtarion. People have also hear strange voices and laugher in the voice, like a native call. I've heard this as well. There used to be Gypsies around here over a hundred years ago, selling stuff as they passed by. So when these lights appear in large numbers or hear them calling I just say, "That's just the Gyspsies again."

But sometimes the lights are small and in mid-air. There is a lot of running water around here, and large power lines going over. These things seem to create a field of paranormal activity. I have few theaories, but it's very intriguing.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:48 pm

Well don't stop there!! :shock: Tell me more!!

Hey,we made page 3!! :bounce: :dwarf: :bounce:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:49 pm

OOOOH,I got 3 stars!!! :bounce: :flower: :bounce:
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:17 pm

:lol:

Well ... I used to have these spiritual awakenings as a child. Well, I'm not sure what else to call them. My father would play all this Classical music. But it was when the song "Won't Get Fooled Again" came on ... it was like a gong. I'd stand and go into a trance. (My parents claimed that I'd be dancing. And that I had this trance every time the song played, sense I was a baby!) I remember being as young as four, and maybe as old as six, when the song hit ... dad would always have the volume up loud when it came on. Anyway, I had this kind of outer body or outer dimensional or upper consciousness kind of uplifting. I was pulled up by an ecstesy of music. That electronic music was all I heard. It pulled me high out of thought and pysical awareness. It might sound exaggerative but it was like that scene in "A Space Odysey" with all the colors. Only they were feelings more than colors but I remember it like colors. Anyway, it was beyond descritpion. I simply was pulled into a high and extremely symplistic state of consciousness where all there was was the upliting itself --- the sensations of being uplifted. It was an ecstasy. lol.

Sounds totally crazy I know, but I had that experience each time the song played until I was seven or so. When the song ended, I became conscious in my body again. I'd sit down strait away. I have no idea what that was or why, it just happened. When I listen to the song now I still get a tingly spine sensation, but no uplifting. Part of me feels like I could if I let all of my guards down and let the song take me completely, but I'm too fearful. I don't know how I did it as a child. I wish I had the courage to let something take me fully away like that now. I get that urge, or sensation, many times. In dreams and so on. Like upper forces are pulling on me, but I just cling on to this state in fear.

I hate my fear. It cages us all in. Fear drives most people to do most things. But anything true comes not out of fear, but on its own. In this way, an innocent child can be stronger than a full-grown man.

Anyway, has anyone else had childhood experiences of this kind?
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Utora » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:26 am

Apparently, I use to converse regularly with my dead grandfather. He died 6 years before my birth. My mother tells me that I would wake her all hours of the night to pass on messages from him.
Utora
New User
New User

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:15 am

Wow, Utora! Very interesting. And you don't remember it?
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Utora » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:28 am

Absolutely don't remember, and I have tried to. If my mother wasn't my mother, I would not have believed her.
Utora
New User
New User

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:32 am

It makes you think. We all may be in comstant or regular contact with dead family and friends and not even know it.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:06 pm

Wow,Utura that's amazing!What were the messages?

Neuro, you have some wild experiences!It only happened with that one song??
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Neurolanis » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:17 pm

Yup. Some people require years of steady prayer or chant or meditation to reach what I got thanks to the Who. :lol:

Yeah, but ... I think I'm nearly running out. I have had strange outer dimensional or upper consciousness expereinces most of my life thus far. That was one kind, purely uplifting. The other is even stranger and I think I'll avoid that one. :silent:

I've had many experiences though. I think it's due to what I call "explicict sensitivity." People who percieve more are open to more I guess. I've met only one person in real life of whom I could really open up to with my experiences. He thought I was really lucky, even gifted. I'm not sure, as this stuff can be pretty scary sometimes.
Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

PreviousNext

Return to Speculation