speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Matters of the mind

"What would happen if...?" has always been a staple of Science Fiction. What do you wonder about?

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Matters of the mind

Postby Talon Sinnah » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:34 am

Some "experts" say that with in all of us is the potential of psychic or mental powers like telepathy and telekinesis, and many others. They say one just needs to unlock them. I am a big fan of the idea and theory but just haven't found my way yet lol. One of the most popular theories is it relies on the chakras many cultures believe human beings have. Others believe it is a solely mind and willpower thing while others believe it originates from the stomach region. I don't really get that one lol.

Does anyone else believe in the powers of the mind or know of ways to unlock them.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Re: Matters of the mind

Postby kingbtd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:44 pm

Hello Talon, I just stumbled upon this post and I also find the themes interesting. There is a department at Princeton that deals with these things or what they call "anomalies". http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/staff.html. I write a little bit about Princeton's Dr. York Dobyns in "Mereology: The Origins and Garlic Cures and the Art of Telling a Tale of Ragout", a book you can have for free if you want. But I am critical of the position Dr. Dobyns takes. Telekinesis and telepathy are also the stuff moving the plots along in the a science fiction book I just finished writing (and am pushing here on this site). This book, too, is free, and is simply a novel and not, like my other book, a treatise on the understanding and the nature of reality. The Garlic Cures establishes a metaphysical model to quantum physics and my sci-fi book uses the logic that underscores the theoretical dynamics found in thinking processes being applied in our current sciences (and religions) to create suspense and tension in the story. You might find the books entertaining and/or interesting. Cheers, Keith.

“When it comes to atoms, language can be used only as in poetry. The poet, too, is not nearly so concerned with describing facts as with creating images. It is wrong to think that the task of physics is to find out how Nature is. Physics concerns what we say about Nature.” (Niels Bohr, 1885-1962)
kingbtd
New User
New User

Postby Carter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:57 am

Gay, it's about body language. The tools for communication are eternal.
Carter
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Talon Sinnah » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:33 am

How do I come across these books. I need something new to read.

I've always been a fan on the idea that we have always been able to do almost mistical things with our mind but have lost the ability. A lot of "experts" say that society has taboos it to the point that we lock it away for fear of mockery by our peers. They also say that the gateway of to unlock it is through lucid dreaming, a ability I have been able to achieve only by accident very few times in my life.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby kingbtd » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:31 am

If you're asking me, Talon, Princeton's Dr. York Dobyns and his "anomalies" Department at Princeton was closed a year after I read it about him and his work (circa 2006-7). I only found this out when I posted here. I think what happened was the atom smasher at CERN was turned on and the whole system of Quantum mechanics they had had until that point was turned on its head. What they were left with was having to explain the "now". So now things like Higgs Field and, if I can recall correctly, "decoherence" or the collapsing of non reality quantum states (see Higgs Field) into something that is 'tangibly' real -- (at least into something which is perceptibly real) or the "now" achieving a realm that can be perceived. Dobryns still has videos on Youtube that you can watch. As for other books on the subjects, I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of them out there. But I can imagine 99.99% are quackery. If I recall correctly (from ten years ago) there were some experiments being done with the quantum states of 'personal' computers and how our minds interact with them and...I'm not sure what they were looking for. My books (which all need a good editor), both the fiction and nonfiction, only offer metaphysical models to experiencing modern religions and sciences. However, with that being said, they do leave open up a door for telepathy and telekinesis -- it's one of the plot devices in Chum Chum Chronicles. Also, the Russians had and still do conduct experiments regarding telepathy and telekinesis, based on principles of quantum theory and mechanics. This, too, was something I came across while researching the Garlic Cures. My books are free (however the "Mereology: The Origins of Garlic Cures" can be brutally difficult to understand at times) and can be downloaded at: http://birddogbooks.com/bdb/ . If you weren't asking me, then sorry for my indulgence. Cheers from Dresden!!!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Yep I was asking you. When I get some time I will check the books out. You never know it may help in my own writings

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby kingbtd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:27 am

Great. I hope you find something interesting or inspiring in my works. Cheers from Dresden!!
kingbtd
New User
New User

Return to Speculation