SW : KotOR III : Return of Revan!

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderator: Bmat

Who should the lead character (the player's character) in the next installment of Knights of the Old Republic be?

Revan.
80%
The "Last Jedi" from KotOR II.
No votes
A Jedi student of Revan.
No votes
A Jedi student of "The Last Jedi."
No votes
An entirely new character.
20%

Total votes: 5

Qray

SW : KotOR III : Return of Revan!

Post by Qray »

Knights of the Old Republic III, because all good things in Star Wars comes in threes and you know they're going to put out another KotOR.

What would you like to see in the next installment?

Different Lightsabers? Different weapons? Which way do you think the story should go? Should there be a swoop bike in the Ebon Hawk's hanger that you can modify? Should Revan return? What planets should be included in your journey? Is there a chance in Courasant that we can get a pilot that doesn't whine so much you want to put a thermal detonator in a highly inaccessible location? Should the name of the series be changed from Knights of the Old Republic to "Chronicles of the Ebon Hawk?"

LadyLeviticus
New User
New User
Location: Riding On The Back Of My Dragon And Flying To Exotic Worlds.

Post by LadyLeviticus »

I think Revan should be the lead character because Kotor is Revans story and not anyone elses story. the story focus him/her in the outer rim by fighting the True Sith and the exile was only sent on a mission to locate his formar leader. So any way the final story is Revans.

I think Kotor III for some parts of the game should take part out in the outer rim and some should also of course take in Republic space. also the true sith should be in the game as well. Revan as I said should have a major part in the story. I think both crews from both kotors should both have a part and should join forces in my opinion if you chose LSM Revan and LSM exile (if you choose something else the nthe story is different again)THere also should be bigger worlds to explore. Jedi robes should he different types and best of all you should be able have movable hoods. Ithink Uniforms like Anakins and Obi-wans would be extra cool. Any way I think this should do.

great ULTIMATE Kotor site for dedicated fans should become members here:

http://www.kotorfanmedia.com/forums/

Qray

Post by Qray »

What follows is one of the scripts dropped from KOTOR II (that can be found in the dialog.tlk file of the PC version of the game.)

This is appears to be the dialog for a DS female Revan. There are a few extra sound files for male and LS combinations.

Assuming KOTOR III ever gets made :roll: and does feature Revan as most right thinking people feel it should :wink: it gives strong evidence that Revan went outbound to fight the actual ancient race of Sith (not the Sith of the first and second KOTOR and the Star War movies who simply follow an ideology and aren't part of the actual race of Dark Force people that the Sith were.)

Mandalore to Visas : "You sound like Revan, at the end. Do you know what she told me, as I lay dying on the outer rim? That the Mandalorian Wars were our doom. That we had been decieved, that it had never been our decision to wage war on the Republic. Revan said the Mandalorians didn't invade the Republic's space because it was our choice. We were tricked; our entire people sacrificed as pawns, and never knew it!

She said there was a war coming, that it was waiting in the unknown regions, in the dark, waiting for us to destroy each other."

Visas : "A war? This war?"

Mandalore : "No, not this one. Another one, more terrible, against an evil we couldn't begin to comprehend. A war of belief that had been fought for thousands of years. Reven went off to fight it..."

Visas, "... and left you here."

Mandalore : "Revan was one of the greatest military leaders in the galaxy. In history. She had no use for a people who had already been beaten once. She said the time of the Mandalorians was over. The Mandalorian wars had killed us. And she laughed."

Visas : "And that is what burns in your heart, and that is why clan Ordo was reborn. To prove Revan wrong."

Mandalore : "No, not Revan."
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

Me, with risk of being punished for saying this and sent down to the Tentacle Rape section of Hell for spouting blasphemy, I'm tired of Revan and the Last Jedi. I'd want to play a mandalorian mercenary this time. Yeah, that'd be totally up my alley. Maybe even a mandalorian mercenary that is a member of Clan Ordo. :twisted:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Qray

Post by Qray »

I've played KotOR strictly as a gunfighter a couple times. Eco-armor, twin modified Zabrak blasters. Oh yeah, good times. The only time I had to fire up the lightsaber was against other force users. Blasters don't worl for smeg against Dark Jedi. It's challenging, but it can be done.

But the series IS called KNIGHTS of the Old Republic. If they changed the title to "The Chronicles of the Eben Hawk" then I could see it happening.

Have you played the FPS Republic Commando? Short of them putting out a full on Mandalorian War FPS, that's probably as close as you can get.

Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Loxley »

Nah, but it looks like I'll be...acquiring it...soon...very soon. 8) I'm still waiting on "Mandalorian: Battle of Dxun", though. :wink:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter

Qray

Post by Qray »

Loxley wrote:Nah, but it looks like I'll be...acquiring it...soon...very soon. 8) I'm still waiting on "Mandalorian: Battle of Dxun", though. :wink:
You just want to get your hands on a Basilisk war droid. Image

I was actually surprised by how good Star Wars: Republic Commando was. You command a four man (clone) special forces unit during the Clone War in three separate campaigns. The first on Geonosis, the second to recover a derelict Republic Assault Ship floating in space, and the third to help the Wookies on Kashyyyk.

I did it all for the Wookies...

The Wookies?

The Wookies...

The AI is pretty good in that your team mates aren't stupid and useless, though I did run into a problem once or twice with a squad member taking up a firing position directly in front of me. Or moving in front of me just as I was throwing a grenade.

Like Rainbow Six, there's preplanned positions spread around for sniping, grenade support, door breaching, etc. that you can click on to assign a squad member to. Which not only speeds up game play but are actually well thought out as far as coverage and overlapping fields of fire are concerned.

The cover and concealment in the game is also well spread out through the different levels. And though the cover is good, the concealment doesn't conceal you a worth smeg. Sneaking up on an enemy or covertly moving around is pretty much a foriegn concept in this game. Even though you are an "elite" unit. Which one would think would mean a lot of sneaking around and covert actions, it's more like you're just employing small unit tactics.

The difficulty on all levels make the game challenging, but still beatable. There's only a small part of one mission that has a time limit on it (you've got to steal some codes and get out of a ship before it blows up.) So you can take your time even though your "adviser" (another clone that monitor's the missions and updates your objectives) will tell you to hurry up.

There is one point in the game that I'm sure you'll appreciate...When your team is trying to recover the derelict Republic Assault Ship, your character comes upon a lightsaber lying on the floor (you can't use it, btw) and your character says (in a nod to the "first" SW movie, Episode 4, A New Hope,) "An elegant weapon for a more civilized time, eh? Well guess what? Times have changed!" :twisted:

The only two real complaints I've got about the game is the scarcity of ammunition and that they haven't come out with a follow up for the game yet.

There are a lot of times in the game that I'm completely out of ammo and relying solely on my handgun (which doesn't need ammo, but will only fire 4-5 times
before you've got to let it rest for a few seconds to recharge.) There are times when my squad and I are all hunkered down behind some good cover and the battle droids, droideka, and super battle droids just keep coming. Which is really no problem as the squad is good at what they do, and as I said, the preplanned positions are well thought out as far as interlocking fields of fire are concerned.

So they just keep sending wave after wave of bots at me (dumb robots) and we just keep mowing em down, keeping them at bay, when all of a sudden...I'm out of ammo. The one nice thing is that your squad members never run out of ammo.

I do a lot of headshots which only requries a singe tap. Sometime a double tap. So that conserved ammo, but it only works on the living targets like the Trandoshans or Geonosians, it doesn't work on the robots. Also letting your squad handle more of the work helps too, but it's not as fun. :wink:

Anyways, yeah, it's a good game that I could see easily being adapted to a Mandalorian War setting.

The problem is that Lucasarts is notorious for not putting a sequal of follow up game out in anything approaching an expediant manner. Just look at the KOTOR games. Republic Commando was put out in 2005 and as far as I know, there hasn't been any talk of another.

On the upside, since the game was put out a while ago, you should be able to get a good price on it. I got my off of Ebay bundled together with KOTOR, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Empire at War, and Battlegrounds for $10.00.

Star Wars: Republic Commando at Wookieepedia