World of Warcraft

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderator: Bmat

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

World of Warcraft

Post by Dragonfleet »

Okay, I can admit I was one of those people standing outside Electronics Boutique waiting to get my hands on my copy of WoW.

Has anyone here played it? What are your thoughts on it?

To be honest, I'm getting rather bored with it. Blizzard is trying to implement all these new changes (new mounts, weapons and a PvP battlegrounds system) but it's not really keeping my interest. I'm only interested in the storyline and having reached level 60 I don't know whether to keep playing until they increase the level cap or quit.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

No job equals no MMO's for me. I don't really like the whole idea of pay to play anyway. I just play Morrowind for the whole epic experience without all the issues of payment and jerks from online.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Dragonfleet »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of pay to play either. I got into WoW cus my friend was playing it and convinced me to buy it. :P

Morrowind is an awesome game! :D Though it takes so long. >< I'm looking forward to the next installment of Elder Scrolls though.

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

I haven't played WOW, but I'm a huge fan of the series.

I do have Morrowind, but my computer is stupid and lags horribly with it.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Dang. I can see me having that problem with the fourth game.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Xyster »

Play wow...love wow...though it's the only MMO I've played so far. I actually like the idea of being able to meet other people online and play with them in real time...adding to the fun of it. Having to deal with real live people makes the game consantly changing.

Only my personal opinion of course. Never played morrowwind...thought it looked neat though.

Aslan
New User
New User

Post by Aslan »

WoW's battlegrounds are supposed to be amazing. A friend of mine is playing on the test servers. He says it takes the game to an entirely new level. Can't wait until it goes live.

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Thta's very soon, if not already. A friend of mine is buying a new computer and getting WoW. I'll be heading over there at some points to play

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

You're speaking of pay-to-play MMO's, but there's one that is NOT a ptp... Guild Wars. You can buy that and play it online as long as there's a server running it. No extra charges or anything. Oh, and they're always updating it. There will be new areas, and they will sell expansion packs to cover those new areas, but they'll be pretty cheap and will still be free to run. Oh, and graphics? Very nice. Not realistic (just like WoW), but very cool, and in a different style from WoW, visually.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

I have heard of Guild Wars and I am thinking of buying it. Problem is is I have never really got into internet gaming so in the long run by brother would probably end up buying it and me playing. :lol:
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Aslan
New User
New User

Post by Aslan »

I played an early beta of Guild Wars. It was decent. I played a later beta of Guild Wars. It was not good at all. I couldn't figure out how they ruined it. There seemed to actually be LESS content than before. To me, the subscription fee is worth the quality for WoW. I wish I could just pay a flat fee, but it's worth it.

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

guild wars is actually very good. it has most of the tings WoW has the only things it does not have are acution houses and when out of a city you can't see other players except the ones in your group. but in the city you can see everyone. the other good thing is it is easy to get started in stead of having to kilol high lvl things to get $ then buy armor you can go kill low lvl things get things from them the go give the things to collectors in exchange for armor wepons and other things.. 8) 8) :D over all I think it is a very good game and will tell you more after i get it.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place