World of Warcraft

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderator: Bmat

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Dragonfleet »

I'm back! XD

Battlegrounds is awesome. The queue's are pretty awful though. :( I took my rogue to the Alliance entrance of alterac and there was hardly anyone there. *sigh* -.-

Xyster
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Xyster »

That's becuase there's usually more horde than alliance. You need to have a full group on both sides to play, and all the alliance are clammering to get in with the fewer horde, and since sides are supposed to be about even the wait can be very long.

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

i was over at my friends hpue and we where playing and he got in the queue and it took like 2 hr
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

LOYDE on W.o.W. is awesome....for thoes of you that know what i'm talking about lol.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

"Alright Cums up, LEEEEYROYYYY JENKINNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

...i'm so lost now.
"They are a curious thing, these emotions. How they fly in the face of logic, how they overrule the most basic instincts. Because, in the measure of time, in the measure of humanity, we sense those self-indulgent instincts to be a weakness, we sense that the needs of the community must outweight the desires of the one. Only when we admit to our failures and recognize our weaknesses can we rise above them. Together." -Drizzt Do'Urden

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Dragonfleet »

Xyster wrote:That's becuase there's usually more horde than alliance. You need to have a full group on both sides to play, and all the alliance are clammering to get in with the fewer horde, and since sides are supposed to be about even the wait can be very long.

It's pretty even on our server so there's always plenty of games running at one time. It was pretty late Australian time when I checked that Alliance AV entrance. :) For a while Horde were winning 98% of all AV matches until the top 3 alliance guilds decided to go in as one united group and they have dominated ever since. That is until AB was released. =/

Dr_Love
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Dr_Love »

Everyone that likes Warcraft any little bit i have heard they have gotten addicted to it quick and stayed for good.

Darukin
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Darukin »

Yea, Wow's the only MMORPG i've played too, and i loved the entire series, and all blizz's games in that matter, and i can say it rocks... but one prob is that its time consuming (but that doesn't matter because it's all time having fun :D ) but i find that whenever i get the chance on the computer that i always end up playing it and therefore do in a sense waste time when i could be either writing, training myself digital arts and programming (currently a simple 2d rpg game based on the stories and the world that are swimming in my mind). But i cant resist Wow :?

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

FantasyMan wrote:"Alright Cums up, LEEEEYROYYYY JENKINNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i actually had that wrong its, "all right, times up, lets do this thing, LEEEEEYYYYYYROYYYYY JENKINSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" so yeah i am also most probly going to be playing by march (when i got some $$ in the bank) and i was wondering what server everyone is on, what class, what professions, race, ect. so i can decide what to be and what to make i am already going to make a warrior (dont know what pro's) but yeah i have my heart set on that so yeah just leave your info plzzz. TY FM

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

fine leave it to me to some how like close down a thread? Is it just that when ever someone see that i posted last in a thread they just aviod it?!?!

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Nope, the problem is that the people who were posting on this thread haven't been posting this weekend. *shrugs* A lot of people haven't. It doesn't really surprise me, though, since it IS a holiday weekend, and many go out and travel and have fun together with their families on such holidays....

As for myself, I prefer to play more story-based games. Guild Wars is more my cup 'o' tea in that regard, and also in GW there's no possible way to 'snipe' kills and treasures and such (especially treasures). I watched a friend play WoW and his group was fighting a tough battle and got knocked way down before defeating the monsters to complete the quest and get the treasure. Just when they finished the quest, , though, and before they could gather the 'bling', another player group came along and slew them all, took the goods and left.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain