speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

D&D Online Alignment Test

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

D&D Online Alignment Test

Postby who me » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:17 am

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b
what is your Alignment?
take this test and tell us just how good/evil lawful/or chaotic you are!

do you agree with the results.
Last edited by who me on Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby Qray » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:22 pm

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Llew » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:04 pm

Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58
Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Achen » Tue May 01, 2007 6:22 pm

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Llew wrote:Lawful Good

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. She combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. She tells the truth, keeps her word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion.

Sissy :lol:
Achen
Just Registered
Just Registered

Postby Arcadia » Tue May 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. She doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, she would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, she’s not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6
Arcadia
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Postby RHFay » Tue May 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Hello all!

Well, according to the alignment test, I'm lawful good. I thought I would end up being neutral or chaotic good because of the family questions, though! I don't get along with my side of the family at all, and my rather black opinion of them shaded some of my answers.

Personally, though, I always found the D&D alignments to be too restrictive. I think a character shouldn't be required to act a certain specific way in all situations. I think how a character acts should depend more upon the mechanics of the situation. I guess it's the writer in me.

A good example: what if the ruling authority was corrupted by evil? Now, a lawful good character should uphold the law, right? But what if the law has been warped by a vile power, in a subtle and subversive manner? It might go against the lawful side of the alignment to go against the rightful rulers in that case, but it's the good thing to do. Maybe I analyze it too much. (Or maybe I just have some chaotic good tendencies!)

Cheers!
"I'm going to do what the warriors of old did. I'm going to recite poetry!" Andrew of Armar.
RHFay
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby who me » Tue May 01, 2007 11:55 pm

I get that all the time.
hear is a article that explains alignment quite well
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/description.htm

you burned down the orphanage.
yes.
with the orphans in it!
yeah.
we are supposed to be the good guys remember?!
we are.
how do you explain that
instead of a life of suffering they died innocent and went to heaven.
i hate you so much.
who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (11)

Return to Games