speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Frodo McKraken's Most Useless Magical Items Shoppe

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Frodo McKraken's Most Useless Magical Items Shoppe

Postby Qray » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:00 am

Wand of Bubbles. Nice at bath time, not so good against a Dragon.

Ring of Nostril Hair. It might come in handy if your adventuring party is short on rope.

Rope of Grease.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Qray » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:45 am

Tome of Lemon Juice - This magic book (empty, but can have spells enscribed into it) will give whoever opens it a paper cut every time they open it. No HP damage is taken, it's just really annoying.
Qray

Postby Bread Butterbeard » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:33 am

Enfernal Spawn of Evil- A wooden figurine of a bunny rabbit, pretty useless but makes a great Christmas tree ornament despite the name.
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends
Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby aldan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:27 pm

Wand of Music Conducting - This wand causes the user to have his hair become quite messy, but the only way to get the magic to work properly is to wave it in wide, regular patterns, in the presence of a group of musicians. If done properly, it may help them to stick to the music script, so as to be able to create music that, if the style of written music is pleasing, will sound pleasant to the listener.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Talon Sinnah » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Dagger of Halfling Curiosity:- a rusty old dagger with no known value except to halflings
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Qray » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:18 pm

Shim of Knowledge - A tapered piece of cedar about an inch wide and twelve to sixteen inches long. Can be used to copy down important information on, but the most important piece of information will always seem to have disappeared from it's surface when you really need it. No matter how many times you swear you wrote it down.
Qray

Postby Bmat » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:13 am

Bulletin Board of Confusion- it looks like a regular bulletin board, but items pinned to it randomly vanish.
Last edited by Bmat on Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby Qray » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

Fuzzy Bilbo's Pants of Pocket Lint - Anything put into the pockets of this fashionably sexy clothing item has a 1 in 4 chance of turning into pocket lint. Dispell magic, remove curse, ect. will restore the changed item back to normal.

There's a 50% chance that the pocket lint will magically stick to anyone's hand that is put in the pockets. Dispell magic, remove curse, ect. will allow the lint to fall off.
Qray

Postby Talon Sinnah » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:03 pm

Ring of Dark Light: A classic silver ring that shines dark at night and makes you blind during the day.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby aldan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:43 am

Ring of Dork Light

A huge ring of pot metal and plastic that uses C batteries to power the glowing lavender glass globe that takes the place of a gemstone. The ring comes embossed with such statements as...

"Frodo Forever!"

"D&D Rules!"

"Tab, the soft drink of champions!"

"Mad Magazine rocks!"

...and more!
Last edited by aldan on Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Bmat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:14 am

Ring of Duck Light

A flock of ducks, mysteriously racing around in a circle, generates enough energy that a nearby town is provided with light.
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby aldan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:45 am

[b]Wand of Shrinkage - A magical wooden wand which can cause a magical piece of wood (a wand, rod or staff made of wood) to shrink as if it was a piece of flesh that is cold and wet. It will not effect the wand, rod or staff in how it works, other than making it more difficult to aim (since the item's now a bit more flexible, temporarily), and, of course, making it somewhat smaller. The effect will last for between 5 and 10 rounds, at which time, it will re-enlarge, and if in a place where it cannot re-enlarge, it will bend as it grows, so as to fit the available space. Note: will not effect wands, staves or rods that are not made of wood (example: a wand made of bone, metal or obsidian).
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Next

Return to Games