speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Frodo McKraken's Most Useless Magical Items Shoppe

Sci-Fi and Fantasy games are some of the most popular on the market. Drop in to talk about your favorites from video games to role playing games.

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Postby SirJill » Tue May 01, 2007 8:47 am

Ring of the Lords - It's, um...shiney.
"I want to sit down, every day at my piano and write a song that people will listen to and remember. And do the same thing--for the rest of my life."

--Johnny Can't Decide, Tick, tick...Boom! by Jonathan Larson
SirJill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Talon Sinnah » Fri May 04, 2007 8:51 pm

Pestering Sword:-sings I have a song that will get on your nerves constantly.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Postby Spiderkeg » Mon May 07, 2007 7:38 am

I'm going to steal this idea and post from World of Warcraft, because it's damn funny.

The 1 Ring
Increases all Stats by 1.

Inscription reads: "Not quite as good as the 2 Ring"
Spiderkeg
Site Regular
Site Regular

Postby aldan » Tue May 08, 2007 2:51 pm

The B Ring - this article of cheap finger jewelry will, upon speaking the command, "Bring me _<item to be brought to ring owner>_", leave the finger of the person commanding the ring and will go along at a slow traipse to retrieve an item once in possession of the commander of the ring. The B Ring cannot be commanded to travel to another place to let the item be dropped there or to wait there for the master, but instead will travel at its slow rate of speed toward where the ring owner currently is located. During the time of travel, the ring is visible, but cannot be touched (as if it was an illusion), and upon retrieval of the item to be brought to the owner, causes that item to also become intangible, though still visible. Such a state makes it easy to follow the ring owner, though the slow travel rate of the ring and item makes it not a very effective method. Note that the ring and item will not travel in or across any area that the ring owner would be unable to pass through.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain
aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Postby Qray » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:36 am

Necklace of the Orator - When worn will allow you to speak in other languages with ease. Unfortunately, the language you speak is determined by the necklace and is always a language that no one present will understand.

+5 Axe of the Duck Reaver - Yup, you heard me, a +5 Battle Axe that will split a foe (or anything it hits) completely in half on a natural roll of 18, 19, 20 regardless of opponents HP, AC, or special resistances. Unfortunately, it only works if it's being wielded by a duck.

Zinkrogs's Coin of Tipping - This platinum coin (it's platinum only when it's found) randomly and frequently transmutes from one metal to another.

Arrow of Bmlykm -An arrow that when it strikes, instantly heals the damage it inflicts.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Ranryu » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:00 pm

Ring of the Sleepless Wearer of the ring will not sleep as long as ring is worn. Wearer of ring will die in less than 2 weeks due to fatigue.

Skeletal Key of the Liche Will fit and unlock any locking mechanism be it physical or Magical. Deals lethal damage to user ever time it is used.

Assassins Bane A dagger that Enchants bearer with invisibility and perfect stealth. Bearer is unable to carry any other weapon what so ever. Every time bearer is near a target or enemy the dagger emits a bright pulse of light and sings various songs which bearer can not see nor hear.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.
Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby FantasyMan » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 am

I Win - Is a magical elixir that makes the user a winner.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place
FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Postby KillRoy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:28 am

Dragon drops
-Helps cool nasal passages
-soothes sore throat pain
-Relieves cough

Results may vary
KillRoy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: Frodo McKraken's Most Useless Magical Items Shoppe

Postby Talon Sinnah » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:32 pm

Flag Bearer Shield: A shield of light with a twenty foot radius that only lets the flagbearer stay safe if he don't move.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-
Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Blog: View Blog (9)

Previous

Return to Games