speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Any Catholic Science Fiction readers/writers here?

Didn't find the Sci-Fi topic you wanted? Start a new one here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Re: Any Catholic Science Fiction readers/writers here?

Postby Supercollider » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Asp Zelazny wrote:Thanks, SuperC! Amazing how we keep narrowly avoiding apocalypses (apocalypti? -- also pretty bizarre that we need a plural for that word) over and over again. It's almost like there is an industry out there churning them out.
I'm looking forward to reading that novel, so keep working.

And now an asteroid flyby this month! :sofa: Though it sounds like we'll be okay!

Hello yet again :smt006 - I want to see if this thread can keep going because it's been fun thus far! 8) I had a busy last few weeks and let it pull me away from writing again but I did do some listing of where I need to get to with the planning to be less nervous :pale: about just plunging ahead into the writing. :smt024 I promise I will be writing SOON!
Supercollider
New User
New User

Postby Asp Zelazny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Don't know if you heard about it, but an article published this month in Science reports that the prior strong speculation that the Chicxulub meteor impact site correlates nearly exactly in time with the mass extinction of dinosaurs is correct (at least for Montana). Comparison of potassium isotope decay from the KT residue in Montanta and glass impact globules from the Yucatan site were found to be identical, confirming an immediate time correlation between the impact and the mass extinction.

Prior theories such as environmentally insensitive alien big game hunters are now less likely. Gotta pay close attention to those NEOs.

As an aside, I wonder if the dinosaurs used to share zombie or other apocalypti stories ....
Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Postby Supercollider » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 pm

:D Yes, I did see that. I know its was mentioned in fairly recently-written books I've been reading about how our current animals took greater hold after that event. I guess more and more is being learned all the time - see this: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/28/healt ... .html?_r=0 Between that and the exoplanet discoveries I feel like I'm trying to hit a moving target when it comes to my writing! :smt071
Supercollider
New User
New User

Postby Supercollider » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:53 pm

I'm bumping this because I'm lonely. Can't believe it's been three years since I made my previous post here! :oops: The writing project has hit snags, frequently even stalled out, yet I haven't pulled the plug on it either. I'm strongly considering rebooting it as a blog that includes the worldbuilding and the research as part of an overarching project. I could also include extras such as artwork.

Don't know if any previous participants in this thread will return, or if new people will join in, or both, or neither. All I can do is put it out and see.
Supercollider
New User
New User

Postby Ariel » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:56 am

Glad you haven't pulled the plug on your project. If you are still around, I wish you well Supercollider!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Previous

Return to Sci-Fi and Fantasy General Discussions