speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Sci-fi fantasy Podcasts.

Didn't find the Sci-Fi topic you wanted? Start a new one here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Sci-fi fantasy Podcasts.

Postby ScottSF » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi SVers, haven't been around 'cause I have less time for reading so less books per year, less to talk about :( but i have a special place in my heart for this forum where I first started sharing ideas with folks about SF/F books and TV/movies. I thought I share my favorite genre related podcasts because I think some of you may really like them. Of course you don't need and ipod, you can stream from the sites often or listen on itunes or use other devices.

Slice of Sci-fi: News about SF/F TV and movies with awsome interviews. They also have a very fun voicemails show where you can call in and share your thoughts and often get played on the podcast. Also they have a big place in Second life where you can stream it live if you're into that.

The Dragon Page: You Writers should love this one. Author Michael Stackpole and Podcaster/Author Michael R. Mennenga talk about all aspects of writing (craft/publishers/new media etc). Also lots of interviews with SF/F writers and they often answer voice mail.

Escape Pod: The best Sci-fi short Audio fiction: They also have a fantasy and horror podcast if you're interested.

Galactica Quorum: Just a fun fan podcast full of speculation and bouncing ideas around.

Hope some of you will enjoy these if you haven't heard of them or just got a new gadget and wanted to listen to something other than music. :)
Time flies like an Arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
-Groucho Marx
ScottSF
Site Regular
Site Regular

Re: Sci-fi fantasy Podcasts.

Postby Bmat » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi, ScottSF!

Nice to see you again. :)
Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Blog: View Blog (10)

Re: Sci-fi fantasy Podcasts.

Postby AlexSivier » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 pm

I am a big fan of 'Adventures in SciFi Publishing'
If you haven't heard of it then you owe it to yourself to check it out
Full of fantastic news, discussions, tips and interviews. And it's not just about SciFi, fantasy and horror are represented too
I'd also recommend 'Writing Excuses' even for non-writers
AlexSivier
Just Registered
Just Registered

Return to Sci-Fi and Fantasy General Discussions