True Love

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

True Love

Post by Neurolanis »

Do you believe in true love? Do you believe you ever will find true love? How do you think it might change your life?

Some people believe true love is a myth, or that it is a simple obsession, or a heavy romance. Others believe that you actually do have a real soul-mate out there, of whom you share a deep spiriual connection with. Imagine that out there, somewhere, you have a real soul-mate in the flesh. You might never find this person for as long as you should live. That so much joy and happiness is being denied you while the greatest joy in the universe is out there somewhere, walking down some street, unaware of your existance as much as you are theirs.

Do you believe in true love?

Qray

Post by Qray »

Believe it. Found it. Lost it.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I believe it's out there, but is rare. I believe that 'true love' and 'soul mates' are things that go hand in hand, but when your soul mate lives in Washington state, and you live in Florida, then you'll be quite unlikely to meet. That's one of the reasons it's rare. Another is that if one side or the other isn't ready for it, then chances are it'll still never happen, because the 'vibe' won't be there to push the one to meet/speak to the other and to then pursue whatever relationship might be possible.... I personally believe that I have probably missed out on my chance at it. That doesn't mean I'll not marry, but instead I'll probably just not have the truly long-lasting happiness that can stem from 'true love'....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

well, does painting and reading count ? what about riding your bicycle ?
pim:"oh hey Freddy how did you get hear?"
Freddy:"magic pim. I hear you like to ride your bicycle."
pim:"to true."
Freddy:" well let us get on our bicycles and sing
*pim and Freddy ride off singing...*
Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like"
Last edited by who me on Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Well, I don't know about panting, but pantsing? Well... :twisted:
---Mark Twain

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

When I was in university, I asked a good friend how she knew that the guy she was engaged to was the Real Thing. She said "You'll know." And it is true, I did and do.

I think that you can fall in love with more than one person. I also feel that if the love is not reciprocated that you are infatuated, not in love, because I think that love builds up between two people, not just one of them.

If only one of the couple is in love, he or she will feel a barrier in the relationship. When both are in love with each other, there is no barrier. Instead, there is a comfortable beautiful indefinable quality about the relationship.

In my case, I was not looking for love at the time, just friendship. I found the friendship, and it grew and blossomed, to my surprise, into love.

I recommend being friends first. Then best friends. Fall in "like" first, not love.

And if it comes to the point that you both feel that the other is a part of himself or herself, if there is no insecurity about your feelings being reciprocated, if the person is not on a pedestal at all, you've seen them when they are tired and grubby and sick and disagreeing with your opinion, and so forth, then it may well be love.

I recommend long engagements because anybody can behave well for a few months. Have them be part of your life and your family for a year and longer and then see if you still love them.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I agree with B'mat. You must be friends first, then best friends. The relationship becomes deeper and more meaningful as time passes.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

that was really good bmat. one of the best posts ever!

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Ah, love and true love... they are related, just like a professional athlete, rich and skilled, is related to his brother who stumbles as he walks on a smooth surface....
---Mark Twain

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Thank-you for your replies!

Saddened to hear that, Qray. :cry:

I agree, Aldan. The odds of meeting one's soul-mate are rare. If ever one should meet them one should hold on tight.

True love with a bicycle, Pim? There might be some differences to be worked out first.

Very nice, Bmat. I agree that frienship is important and that lovers should certainly be good friends first, and I imagine that in the best relationships couples are best friends as well as lovers.

Indeed there seems to be an issue regarding the differnece between 'true love' and normal love. I'm not sure what the difference is, only that in 'true love' there seems to be a deeper and more powerful connection. And that this is extremely rare. Also, it seems, that it often ends in tragedy. Like Romeo and Juliet, star-crossed lovers. It seems fearful to reach for the sky when there is so far to fall. To take a chance for something great, should it ever come your way, or turn away in fear of deep hurt. But the wisdom is 'follow your bliss', the one I believe in regarding love and life anway. When you find happiness, hold on tight.

ola
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by ola »

I'm sorry, Qray, must be tough.

What do you believe when it comes to the saying: "True love never dies"?

Is it true? Or is it dependend on the odds. Can you hold on even against all odds (this is where Romeo and Juliet come in)? And if yes, will it be a happy ending or a tragedy?
"He's a stranger to some
and a vision to none,
he can never get enough
get enough of the one" 30stm-from yesterday
There are so many sides to life....why should I only have one? :smt084

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

The true love never dies. That is true. However, the lovers involved can and will die. That is also true. Whether they die together or separately, young or old, it doesn't matter to the gods of love.
---Mark Twain