Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Re: Good day,bad day...

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Wife's grandfather Harvey is still kicking just not as high. As of right now he's bed ridden and can't have anything solid to eat. He's a tough old man that's for sure.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Is Grandfather Harvey still at home? I hope he is comfortable.

My mom is in a nursing home. She has dementia and is unable to do anything for herself other than eat a little bit.

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

At the time he was at home but he passed last Thursday on the 21st. The family is taking it pretty hard.

I'm sorry about your mother B. My grandfather had Alzheimer's when he passed. I'm pretty sure it was his age though
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Other then the rain been pretty good around these parts. What's up with everyone else? I did get a splinter in my finger on Wednesday so you know me being the macho man I am I cringed like a little school girl when the wife got it out with a needle. :wink: It was almost a half inch long though. Damn plywood

-Walt Whitman-

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

It's some little things in life that can turn things around. On my way home and heard two Godsmack songs reminding me of times driving and hanging out with old high school buddies late at night. It's amazing what memories will be pulled up by the littlest of things

-Walt Whitman-

Asp Zelazny
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Asp Zelazny »

Stopping by to pass on some sad news: Merle's wife has recently died after a fierce struggle against lymphoma. Services are June 11.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Thank you for letting us know, Asp.

I am deeply saddened.

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

That is very sad to hear. Thank you for sharing Asp. My condolences go out to him

-Walt Whitman-

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Such sad news in here. So sorry to hear about Merle's wife and Talon, your Father-In Law. B'mat is your Mom still in a nursing home? How is she doing?
I lost my Mother back in October.

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I am very sorry about your loss, Ariel. :(

Yes, my mom is in the nursing home. She is doing so much better than when she was at her own home that we are convinced it was the best decision for her. She loves talking to everybody there.

My sister needs another kidney transplant, so we are all waiting for this to happen.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I'll pray for your Sister B'mat. I'm glad your Mom is doing well where she is. Sometimes it is the best decision and she is happy, that's what really counts.

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Went to my 40th HS class reunion. Met up with old chums, had a good time.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters