Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

Painting and some homework seem to be the order of the day for me. Well, not really painting, but taping off the laundry room so that I can paint it later in the week
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by SpookyKatie »

I had such a wonderful day!!

For what I'm about to tell you may have very bad grammar sorry!

So I went to church, <and got there alittle bit early>
I then went to my seat <and that's the one in the way way back> for some reason I looked to my left and saw a woman <maybe in her early 40s> crying in her seat. Something in my heart told me to go over to her so I did, when I got to her I asked her if she was ok, she look at me and smiled and told me she was ok that she was just praying I told her ok and I went back to my seat.
While at my seat I look at her I saw that she was deep in prayer and in spirit it made me smile I was glad that she that was in that kind of peace. 5 minutes later she then walked over to me and told me thank you, she said that I was very brave to walk over to her like that not many people would. she then told me that she seen me around and always wonder why I always seats alone, and also prayed for me at times. I smiled at her and told her thank you and I like to be alone because I'm not that big on crowds. We talk till church started I learn that she was divorced with three kids and was not really planing on coming to church that night, till something told her to stay. She then told me that if I ever needed someone to pray with that she would be there, so church started she went back to her seat. that night at Church was one of the best I ever had, to me everything that the pastor said was as if it was being told to me and me alone <ooo I forgot to say that I was having alreally bad week and I don't want to talk about it, it was mess up and I felt as if I was in a really dark place.> I got to the point were I was crying because I found that I could get out of that dark place, and I would of never saw that if the woman didn't come to thank me.
Soo after church was over I went to her and thank her for she helped me come out of that dark place, I then gave her a hug, she told me that she was glad god found her and me in the same day and we both found peace with ourselves. She then told me that I to her was like one of her children and if I ever needed help with anything that she and her family would be glad to help. God telling that makes me alittle teary I just had to tell you guys that and I'm sorry if my grammar sucks But I'm just way to happy right now!

Wow Look I did all that I never did that much before!
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!

Anthentar
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Anthentar »

I too went to church yesterday (something I don't do too often) and it helped me out a great deal. Being as it was the first Sunday of Lent, the service was all about mistakes and forgiveness. My goodness that service struck home. I felt so much better as I was leaving

A real shame that I have to be working the next two Sundays, but I believe I'll be able to return the following Sunday.
"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become one. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you." - Beyond Good and Evil, aphorism 146

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Happy Casimir Polaski Day everybody! As a result I don't have any school today, which is always a good thing.

:wink:

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I had this customer, the other day....she was looking at a 21 inch TV on display, I pointed to one of a different brand, but the same size....the box said 51 cm....

She point out to me that the one she was looking at was 21 cm..... :? :roll:

In the end she went off to find someone who new more about TVs.....

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Ben Congrats on the wonderful day.

Ah church a distant memory it seems to me. It seems like I go but I am somewhere else, a dark place as Katie put it. Yesterday it hit hard as well with the news that I really did not want to hear but knew it would probably come to pass anyway. On top of everything I have an uncle dieing in Kasas because a brain tumor came back to deep for anyone to remove i just hope he dies painless which is very doubtful. But him recovering the first time was to so anything can happen. But it is the same thing as before with me nothing has changed save a few differences and I have, I think made a new friend, and I may be getting a date for this Saturday, everyone keep there fingers crossed.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

I've got a date for Saturday. We're going to go see The Hills Have Eyes...which will either be terrifying or just plain old bad. I'm leaning towards bad (But I havent seen anything to suggest that). Tonight, I have Astronomy Night for my Astronomy class (Complicated, eh?) but I think I wont go (But it was overcast!) and I just bombed a AP Pyschology test, but being that the class isnt on a curve it shouldnt hurt that bad. And I my grade in Statistics dropped to a 80.5 because of a 69.7 test score. And here is my little rant. Naturally, I wish this score to be raised to a 70 but the teacher wont let it happen! She say's it takes away the "realism" of people who got "real" C's! Jerk! And a 69.7 might not seem like a big deal, but to my parents the difference is like that between the Grand Canyon and the crack on my wall in my room. Hmmmm, anything else? I played the Call of Duty 2 demo for the thousandth time and wrote a little today, but other than that, nothing. This is a great post, guys!
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
-Hobbes from "Calvin and Hobbes"

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Yeah except the italics tend to hurt the eyes. 8) Ah thats better. :D
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Talon, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, and that you feel you're in a dark place right now. Life isn't always easy, we all know that, but we have each other. We have this place (S.V.)where the light shines bright and the door is always open. :hug:

SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by SpookyKatie »

Aww I'm sorry as well Talon, I will keep you in my prayers. And I know you will get out of that dark place it may take time but it will happen and how I know, Because I found my way out and yes it took time but I got out and I'm happier because of it.
And we are all here for you!

And I got my fingers crossed for your date!!
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!

Benjaru
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Benjaru »

Thanks Tal.

Best of luck on the date. And cherish that new friend.

Man, sorry to hear about your Uncle. What can I say though? Life is rough? No, you need no one to tell you that. And heaven forbid that I try to dispel your troubles as passing clouds.. No, all I can offer is a warrior's handclasp and a look in the eye; I understand.

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Hope you have fun, HulloKitty202.

I'm sorry about your uncle too, TS. :?