Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

I kind of like it. I can load up a website (A high bandwith one anyway, like ESPN.com or CNN.com) and do chores for 20 minutes or so before the thing loads!

But it isnt horrible...to be perfectly honest...I'm materialistic and selfish and all I want is X-Box Live :)
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
-Hobbes from "Calvin and Hobbes"

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

My little brother has X-Box Live and all he does each day is play Call and Duty 2 when he gets home from school. He plays until about 2am and it's just so annoying to hear him bark commands when you're trying to sleep.

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

I'm in college, so X-Box Live is like the beer and the strip clubs :D

Anyway, I had a Good Day simply because my Broncos won 9-6. I also had a fantastic dinner at my grandmothers and did some really solid writing.

That's a perfect combo!

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Hello, nice to see a new face! Fellow college student eh? How's it treating you? I've not been here for long, but it feels like a lifetime. Especially for those that know me I am sure.

I understand your woes, I had dial up most of the time till recently, as my provider was not all that great for the cable! Thankfully, I have it most of the time now.

Well, one last little piece of the drama if the last week, this girl has left, and has not really contacted me since. I think she realized I wasn't going to put up with her anymore, and all she wanted was sympathy, not help. Especially since I recently learned from a mutual friend that she was telling everyone else she was trying to help and I just yelled at her for it. Thankfully, I have a reputation already established, and when I told the others what had happened, they accepted it. But now I get to have a heart to heart chat with her. Not fun.

Oh well, it won't happen again. Now I just have to try and recover from that stupid mistake. I guess that's what I get for giving people the real me, it seldom works.
Ita Est

Mikira
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mikira »

HulloKitty that does sound like a good day.

Mornara, I wish you luck on your heart to heart talk with this girl. It's terrible how she tried to turn your mutual friends against you, after you tried to help her. I hope you two can smooth things out, so you can move on from this awful ordeal.
God doesn't make mistakes.

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Ah, another college student, wonderful!

All we can do sometimes is just reflect to see what we should learn from an experience, and then move on. Best not to linger for we risk falling behind...

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I'm still on dail up......have been for over 5 1/2 years......you get use to it.....

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

It's really hard to get used to if it won't even let you connect to half the internet sites you need to access!
Ita Est

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Wow, I go bonkers if I'm reduced to anything below broadband. On a side note, I might have a new job researching PDMS or Lab on a Chip biomems.

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Congratulations Evander, that sounds interesting.

My day was good. I don't remember exactly why, most of the day is a bit fuzzy, but it was good. I did embarrass myself, as apparently I turned in a sheet of character studies for a story with my speech homework. My professor was rather confused! Oh well, it's giving all my friends a laugh.
Ita Est

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Grand Evander wrote:Wow, I go bonkers if I'm reduced to anything below broadband

DK thinks up evil plan.... :twisted:

wait I'm not evil.....

oh well throws plan away...... :wink:

HulloKitty202
New User
New User

Post by HulloKitty202 »

I had a good day myself, as well. I finally managed to do some fishing, which I find as almost as therauputic as writing, and as an added bonus, caught a 14 inch Rainbow. Beautiful fish on a beautiful day. What could be better?

I analyzed Dr. Faustus as well in my Survey of British Literature class, which I find to be almost too good. I mean, honestly, the writer of that (Christopher Marlowe) had to be one smart guy...hot damn that's why I'm majoring in English.

I also...on a more, uh, materialistic note I finally beat GUN, a game that has been troubling me for quite awhile.

So...that's my day. I hope all of you had good ones, as well.

And yes, I'm merely a college freshman who is lucky enough to live off campus, and luckier still to live in the beautiful mountains of Colorado. Yeah, I'm spoiled :D