Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Not to bad, fortunately. Half a dozen stitches fixed it up pretty well.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Glad to hear it wasn't terrible serious.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

Post by Qray »

That's good news, Llew.

And don't forget. Girls dig scars. :thumright:
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by SpookyKatie »

Totally! Scars kick butt!
I got one of my own that I have grown to like in the past year.

This week has gone by fast.
My vacation sucked... I got sick the last day and the other day I lost my voice... And at my job I need to talk. I just got it back late yesterday.

My friend Pati found a kitten the a few days ago. She asked me to give him a look over. He was nothing but skin and bones. Scared out of his mind. He bit the mud of of her dad and wouldn't let anyone handle him. I at last got him to let me hold him so I could check him out. After that he was a sweety. I gave him a bath to get the dirt and fleas off off him. lol never in my life has a cat let me give it a bath like he did. He was calm. after the bath he was all purrs. He's gotta be the same age as Spot.
As soon as I get some pic I'll post them.

And does anyone know how to get a kitten to stop bitting? Spot is starting to bite at any chance she can get. My poor arms and legs can't take it anymore. lol
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Gunpher was like that, too. Always biting. I found that the best thing to do was to stop trying to pet him when he would start to do that. Eventually, he figured it out. An occasional "thunk" on the nose (Not too hard) to let him know you can bite back, doesn't hurt, either.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I can't back up the girl/scar saying. Otherwise by now I'd be the most dug dude on the planet. I just got two new ones. Both during a race crash last night. One on me nose and one on me knee.

You could try blowing in Spot's face as a deterent. Many cats don't like that.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Like Boikat said, stop petting the cat when it bites. Also grab the scuff of its neck for a moment every time it bites and say "No!" Not hard enough to harm the cat of course, but to let it know who is in charge and that you don't appreciate being bitten. It works!

fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by fanuilh »

Got home from work this afternoon to find our new heat pump doesn't appear to be working properly. It was set to 78 degrees, it was 91 outside and 83 in the house. Hmmm. It's still under warranty, so the heat pump people are getting a call from us Monday.

The water bill came today. $1,715.47. I am not making that up. After I unscrewed myself from the ceiling, I went outside to check the meter. Hubby came home to find me with my head in the hole in the front yard. I waved the bill at him and ranted, then had an idea and dug out the old bills.

Some goober at the water company assigned somebody else's "previous" reading to us. We've got proof. They billed us for +60,000 gallons we didn't use. Thank God it wasn't a leak, just a moron at the water company. Hubby's taking care of that Monday, too.

How's your day going? :roll:
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Similar situation with the central air. Bearings are starting to go out on the blower, and the cooling fan isn't running for the heat exchanger. Gah!

edit to add: Oh, yes. My old microwave quit a few weeks ago. A friend said i could have the old one from the shop, since it was not an accounted for item, and nobody knew where it came from, and nobody used it anyway. So, for about a week, I had a microwave. Today, it shorted out. I love the smell of ozone in the morning. :P

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

We had to replace our 30 year old central AC last year. Not only does the new one have programmable controls, but our summer electric bill didn't go up even with the high increase in rates. The new system is quieter, too and has two levels for faster or slower cooling.

The electric bill covering heating is another story, up about 70%.

Llew
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Llew »

Got the staples out yesterday, which was nice.

Granted, it was worse psychologically than the cut itself, but I suppose it was because I didn't have the adrenaline. Oh well, I'll get use to this sort of thing.
“I Speak Spanish to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to My Horse” - Charles V, King of Spain and Holy Roman Emperor, 1500–58

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Juggling chainsaws can be hazardous to your health. :P