Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Talon Sinnah wrote:I can answer the first one and third one.

Copperheads are fairly common in Knott County Ky especially around the area he and I lives. If they do not catch the certain snake then it is more likely you are because they keep you in for observation. I think ususally they do it anyway for extra precaution.
Is there a chance, then, of delayed reaction?

All right, Ariel!! Woohoo!!!! Great news!

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Congrats Ariel. I am glad you are okay I had a scare when I was sixteen just before I joined the site. I was diagnosed with a Chondrglastoma (Sp) tumor on my ankle and it was non cancerous but I did get a fake ankle, meaning just the ankle not the foot, out of the deal.

I can not say why I am having a bad day. It started last night and it just got steadly worse all day. Driving two hours did not help much. I guess it is one of those days you are better off sleeping through.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

One of those funks, I guess... I have days where something small will go wrong in the morning, such as missing a commuter bus and having to take a later one, and then it will just explode. I'll spill coffee on myself during lunch and lose $20 from my wallet.

On days like those, I just sit back, make a mental note of the date, and say this is just a really bad day for me.

SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by SpookyKatie »

Well bad days come and go. For each good day comes a bad day.
And dang $20. lost! That sucks I'm sorry I hope you find it Evander.
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Well, buy now someone's already squandered it on a cup of coffee at Starbucks... so damn expensive!

Arcadia
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Arcadia »

It was a rough day for you. I hope tomorrow is better.

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Well, today was actually a pretty good day. My workload still hasn't picked up as I would have imagined, so I get to relax a little longer and catch up on sleep.

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Oh, sleep, how nice Evander! Lucky you.

Oh my day was absolutely wonderful! I had the fun of having a friend get kicked out of her place last week.
So I said she could stay here for a few days. That few days has turned into an indefinite period of time. And I live in a rather small place, and value my privacy and solitude.

Oh yes, and then I got the fun of having her sit on my bed, crying, telling me she had been planning to pack up her stuff and leave while I was gone, and go somewhere and overdose on her meds and kill herself! Also, I am being used by her, I know that, and manipulated, but I don't think she even realizes that.

Yep, today was a wonderful day....
Ita Est

Mikira
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mikira »

Oh Mornara I feel your pain. :(
God doesn't make mistakes.

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

It's tragic when people take advantage of your compassion and hospitality. I've known people who come into your life when they have problems and leave just as soon as you help them get their own lives back on track. Unappreciative for what you've done, they see you as an impedance to moving beyond who they had been before you helped them.

If it's a bad situation for you, then it's almost certainly a bad situation for her, whether she believes so or not. Threats of suicide would suggest she needs professional help besides a living arrangement... but openly discussing your feelings with her usually helps to foreground the problem and help to bring about a resolution. I am and have always been an advocate for communication and feel so much frustration could be avoided if people just talked more often about their problems constructively.

Whether or not you choose to take my advice, good luck, Mornara!

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

I have discussed my feelings with her, that was what prompted the tale of suicide in the first place. Her feelings are genuine, I'm fairly sure, but I'm definately being used. And she is already getting proffesional help, but that has been going on for so long that she pretty much disregards it anymore.

Basically, I'm telling myself to put up with it for now, and get her moved out. She's not the first one like this, she is almost a clone of a friend I had years ago. I'll help her, send her on her way, and if she cuts the friendship off with no thanks, my life is easier. Callous perhaps, but what I have to do to live with myself.

Thanks for the advice Evander, and the sympathy Mikira.
Ita Est

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

It sounds as if you have it under control. I was going to ask if she could afford a place on her own, and if not that she should seek public assistance.