Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Well when it was just a few things I thought why complain to the post office, I would get nowhere..

I will see what they say monday....

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Well according to the postie, she has been sick for the last couple of months...... she just came back to work...

over that time I have been getting mail, just not all my mail

The guy who was delivering the mail has left the company......

before he got the boot, I would say.... :(

Others have complained to her as well.....

Post office said they will monitor mail

They said the tax-packs were still coming, which is rubbish, they have to be in next week, good thing I order a new pack and it did come...

and the other mail....???...

Well hopeful things will get back to normal, now the regular post is back

just phone companies and get them to resend....

...>>>>>

I have heard of cases in the past where they find sacks of undelivered mail, at peoples houses....

....>>>>>

My mum finally got the refund from this company after two months, after numerous phone calls, and visits....won't be shopping there again..... she used a card to buy the stuff, goes on account straight away...though till

however refund is different, while it has to go back on the card, it is not done though the till, but instead using the old swipe gadget....then they post the slip to the card company...

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Dark Knight wrote:I have heard of cases in the past where they find sacks of undelivered mail, at peoples houses...
Someone told me yesterday he has more than circumstantial evidence that the rings of Saturn are made of undelivered mail sacks and airplane passengers' lost luggage.

Hey, Dark Knight, could I send my mother-in-law to NZ on holiday? I'll tell her she can travel very cheaply, say, ... sack-class?

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

The guy who was delivering the mail is being investigated...

>>>>>

I downloaded a program from the net. Now I have used the software before on my old pc, no problem, even downloaded newer versions.....

Well I downloaded the lastest version for vista, later when I tryed to get on line, internet explore had stopped working... :shock: :? :x

Well I uninstalled that program, and that solved that problem....

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Summer School's in full swing now (started yesterday), and's going quite well. We've got a huge lecture hall, but only nine registered students including myself (one of which has yet to show up still); the teacher's got us all sitting in the second row as a result of it. The class covers British Romanticism, Victorianism and Modernism, which is great, because back in the day, when I was in Brit-Lit, we were so crammed for time (simply because there's so much to cover in terms of British Literature), we skipped the Victorians entirely and only read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for Modernism. Romanticism we did pretty well, although we didn't cover anything longer than The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. So this should cover what we had to either skip entirely or glance over in the class, which should work out quite nicely for me. personally.

Other than that, thing's are going fine. Alas, the Sox lost on Sunday (which I went to see), but I saw the GREATEST sign ever at the game:
2007: A Bad Year for the Sox.

1908-2007: The Worst Century Ever!
:rofl:

And when all of the Cubs fans started chanting "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!" we started chanting "1908! 1908!"

And it was a good game, despite being 3-0.

And I'm right on schedule in The Brothers Karamazov, and should finish it by the weekend if I keep up with it. Then, I do believe, I'm on to actually finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I hadn't the time to finish for a vast number of reasons.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

should any one be flying to Saturn i have a blue lands end back pack orbiting out there some place, if you find it i would really like it back.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Magus wrote: Other than that, thing's are going fine. Alas, the Sox lost on Sunday (which I went to see), but I saw the GREATEST sign ever at the game:
2007: A Bad Year for the Sox.

1908-2007: The Worst Century Ever!

And when all of the Cubs fans started chanting "Sweep! Sweep! Sweep!" we started chanting "1908! 1908!"

And it was a good game, despite being 3-0.

And I'm right on schedule in The Brothers Karamazov, and should finish it by the weekend if I keep up with it. Then, I do believe, I'm on to actually finish Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, which I hadn't the time to finish for a vast number of reasons.
Then again, remember the White Sox have the distinction of being the only franchise that threw the World Series.
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

No, the BLACK Sox did. We're the WHITE Sox.

See?

Different.

:wink:

:roll:

Now, let me just quote you some notable tid-bits of information on The Cubs:

The Cubs have the longest dry spell between championships in all of the four major U.S. sports leagues (MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA), having failed to win a World Series since 1908.

The Cubs have not been to the World Series since 1945, and they finished in the second division, or bottom half, of the National League for 20 consecutive years beginning in 1947.

From 1946-1984 the Cubs were the driest team in baseball, never making the playoffs once.

The Cubs blame all of their falure on a Goat.

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Slander the Cubs all ya want. I'm a fan of the worst team in baseball, currently, although they are the team that beat the White Sox in 1919. They are also riding a nine game winning streak in the World Series, and that's a streak that they won't have to worry about for quite some time. Meaning they are not going to the World Series again any time soon. (sentence fragment on purpose, aldan!)

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

Slander's spoken; libel's printed: and besides, it's only the case if it's not true (these are all facts, including the bit about the goat).

That pretty well takes care of your first sentence.

:wink:

So, Merle, you from around Illinois, then, or are their pockets of you guys elsewhere?

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

"Their" aren't any guys around any place...

"There" are guys there, but Merle isn't one of them... since he's located in another dimension entirely.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Merle
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Merle »

Magus, what would make you think I'm in Illinois? I think my post clearly stated my rooting preference for baseball, and I'll tell you I'm within 60 miles of that city now, and grew up there.