Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Good day,bad day...

Post by Boikat »

Drunk and working in NoDak? Well, that's better than drunk and not working in NoDak, or not drunk and working in NoDak. I guess that means you are doing double plus good! :D
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

I might spill.

Post by Qray »

I never drink while I work.

Now drinking while doing design work, that's different...

pim: "Q, I need to talk to you about the valet stand you built for me."
Q: "Awesome, isn't it?"
pim: "Why is it so big?"
Q: "That's the smallest I could make it and still incorporate a Monkey Cannon."
pim: "Why does my valet stand have a monkey cannon?"
Q: "Why wouldn't it?"
pim: "Numerous reasons."
Q: "Hey, look at it this way. You hire a monkey as your valet. They don't meet your expectations and you decide to terminate their employment. How do you do it?"
pim: "I would..."
Q: "Monkey Cannon!"

Actually, it's quite nice here in Grand Forks. Nice people for the most part. Nice town, but I've been here a week longer than I expected. Looking forward to getting to the next job and getting home before Christmas. Should be wrapping up later this week and then it's on to Seattle for the next job.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

Qray

Greetings from Montana!

Post by Qray »

17 hours of driving, 2 of which were through a blizzard, only stopping (5 times) for gas, 900 miles covered, and greetings from Missoula, Montana. Nice city. Nice to be up in the mountains again.

Did you know Montana has it's own premium vodka? They call it Flathead Vodka. I did not know this.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

With all that travelling, perhaps you should borrow Santas sleigh. Oh, never mind. Remember what happened the last time? Poor Santa was out of his mind thinking he would be late in delivering presents. Yes, yes, we know you had every intention of returning the sleigh on time. :roll:

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Montanna? Hmmmm.... Can you be in Yellowstone Wy the first week in August? August, when it's actually WARM up north?

Qray

Greetings from Seattle!

Post by Qray »

I am going to be (at least I plan on it at this point) going to Yellowstone next year during the warmer months.

They had a ton of dinosaurs in Montana, BK.

Greetings from Seattle (or rather Everett.) Hey BK, I am right next to the Boeing plant. Been seeing Dreamlifters, 747, 767, and 787's coming and going all day. I was going to take the tour, but with tax it's around $70.00. Man, that's like a carton of smokes or a good bottle of vodka! Or the firing mechanism for a top flight Monkey Cannon!

Should be finishing up here in a few days and then it's back home to Wisconsin.

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Well, welcome to the good coast! :twisted:

Hopefully I cleared out all the Biblical deluge while I was there a couple of weeks ago. It seriously rained enough to float an ark!
Ita Est

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Re: Greetings from Seattle!

Post by Boikat »

Qray wrote:I am going to be (at least I plan on it at this point) going to Yellowstone next year during the warmer months.
....and the valleys will echo to the sound of "SpooooOOOOOOoooooon!", and "Has anyone seen where I parked the Black Pearl III?, while my GF looks at her cell phone and gets ill when there are no "bars" next to the little antenna icon (She's a nomophobe).
They had a ton of dinosaurs in Montana, BK.
If I ever win a big lottery, I plan on buying little chunks of land all over the place just for fossil hunting. ;)
Greetings from Seattle (or rather Everett.) Hey BK, I am right next to the Boeing plant. Been seeing Dreamlifters, 747, 767, and 787's coming and going all day. I was going to take the tour, but with tax it's around $70.00. Man, that's like a carton of smokes or a good bottle of vodka! Or the firing mechanism for a top flight Monkey Cannon!
That's a tough set of choices. Offer to split the difference, take half a tour, then dare the engineers to design a monkey cannon after sampling Vodka from Montana.
Should be finishing up here in a few days and then it's back home to Wisconsin.
Safe journey!!

Qray

Post by Qray »

Ariel wrote:With all that travelling, perhaps you should borrow Santas sleigh.
It would be useful in hauling my tools. Good storage capacity in that sleigh.
Mornara wrote:Well, welcome to the good coast! :twisted:
Yeah, I know. I feel so dirty. Damn hippies. :mrgreen:
Mornara wrote:Hopefully I cleared out all the Biblical deluge while I was there a couple of weeks ago. It seriously rained enough to float an ark!
I'm leaving today as soon as some artwork arrives that's coming in from Ohio. Luckily, it's not raining. First day since I've been here that it hasn't been. But there's some nasty weather coming in. Looks like it will hit as I'm going through the second mountain pass.
Boikat wrote:That's a tough set of choices. Offer to split the difference, take half a tour, then dare the engineers to design a monkey cannon after sampling Vodka from Montana.
Drove into Seattle instead. Did some sightseeing and had a few beverages at McCormicks.

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

My hometown (in Northern California) has a population of 1000 (we've grown by nearly 300 since I moved away 6 years ago). There's no gas station, but we do have a biker bar, a sex shop and an art gallery. :P The bikers say hello.

This day was pretty good wrapped up with a shot of stomach-churning awful. ~sigh~ I need alcohol.
Ita Est

Qray

Greetings from Wisconsin!

Post by Qray »

Three days of driving later (9 hours, 19 hours, and 9 hours) and over 2000 miles and I am back home! Wooo!

Did you know Oregon has lava vodka? I did not know this. I learned a lot of this trip. :mrgreen:

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

now you must wright a book, something along the lines of on the road and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
with monkeys!