Good day,bad day...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Re: Good day,bad day...

Post by Mornara »

Mmmm, lava vodka. There's also an oat whiskey that isn't bad. (I went on a distillery tour for Thanksgiving. I found a lot to be thankful for there!)

I am pleased with today. The spec-fic erotica anthology I've been working on is finally proofed and ready for e-books to be distributed while the physical copies get printed. I've also been suggested as the editor for another project. Rather pleased.

And celebrating a holiday-quiet inbox by spending the weekend with my girlfriend, riding horses (the kind they used in the Hobbit, actually), cooking and working on non-paying projects. Here's to the weather staying good for a late-night ride out into state land!
Ita Est

Qray

Post by Qray »

who me wrote:now you must wright a book, something along the lines of on the road and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
with monkeys!
I think it would be entitled "Anger and Delays in the Northwest."
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

you can call it any thing you like, It just reflects your vision of what happened to you. But I think the gonzo style of writing might appeal to you.
with monkeys!

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Just got back from a writing retreat on the Oregon coast with other professionals, in a rambling great house overlooking the ocean. Got a new novel outlined, a playset made, and a bunch of work-talk done. Had a scotch tasting and made a full, from-scratch, Middle Eastern dinner, too.

Then came back to Portland and spent yesterday harassing my system with about 9 kinds of alcohol, 6 cups of coffee, 4 kinds of gelato, and lots of beer.

Soooo, I'd say it's been a good week!
Ita Est

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

I fianally got fed up with the parasites who I shared a rental house with. They decided a few months ago that I made enough that I didn't need their "help" to pay the rent and utilities. The agreement was "halvesies" on the rent and utilities, not "if you need help". Two days ago they dared me to evict them. I said nothing. But I did say to myself, "Why go through the trouble. I'll evict myself." Yesterday, I got my tax refund, and promptly got a studio appartment. It'll do for now.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

Post by Qray »

I thought you owned your own house.

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

I did, until it burnt down about two years ago. Jan 4th, 2011. Came home and nothing but chared bricks and burnt sticks. Squirrels in the attic apparently decided to chew on some electrical wires. Damned tree rats!.

Qray

Post by Qray »

I remember, but I thought you rebuilt.

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

I originally planed on that, but there were too many hoops to jump through, and the contract at work was due for rebid. With an uncertain job outlook (You can never tell on some of these contracts), I decided to rent. Then the parasites needed "help", and the next thing you know..... Fool and his money, as the saying goes. That's why I'm hitting the "reset" button. Dig myself out of the hole they helped dig me into, then save up, go to Yellowstone this August, then save, save, save, and devil take anyone who "needs help" and tries to dig me into another hole.

Qray

Post by Qray »

There is something to be said for being generous and/or helping out some that needs help, but there is a difference between being a good Samaritan and being taken advantage of. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The Master
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Master »

I didn't realize you hadn't rebuilt either. I like how you left them holding the bag though :)

Qray

Post by Qray »

Are any of the utilities in your name?