Pet hates...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Also customers that open boxes, when there is one on display.....

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

In every cell phone conversation I have overheard, not a single one was for anything important. In a waiting room, you can't even read a magazine article or book without being distracted by the ringing of the phones or the chatter of conversations I don't care to hear. Add children bringing noisy electronic games! GRRRR! What ever happened to coloring books? :roll:

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

OMG, I have overheard some of the strangest conversations ever from people speaking inconsiderately on cell phones. For example, this is the half of a conversation I overheard in a Duane Reade one night:

Girl: No, Jess. She's been acting strange lately. She's probably on crack.

Girl: No, not me. I think my sister's on crack. She's getting married on Sunday to our cousin, Phil.

Girl: No. I wanted to marry our cousin, Abe, but I found out he was our second cousin and not our first. So now I'm going to marry our cousin, Todd, instead.

This is the conversation with little alteration (I wrote it down in on my blog immediately afterward in shock)!

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

People who will not listen to others opinions or their side of the arguement just because they think their life is in complete jeopardy.

Overly arrogant people. *raises hand* :D

Handicapped people who milk it for all its worth. Nothing against the handicapped unless they use it to get everything they want or use it for an excuse.

Obsesively barking dogs.

People who think others lives revolve around theres.

Oh and the cliche there are other fish in the sea.

(To be continued)
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

People who are dishonest, pushy or waste my time. Also people who push past me, step on me run into me or any other "You are invisible" thing!

And for one of my worst experiences recently: I was in Borders, browsing as I usually do, and 2 women and a kid came into the fantasy/sci-fi area and started looking for some Star Wars book. Very loudly too! The kid was whiny, the adults were pushy and noisy. But, being the nice person I try to be, I stepped out of their way over to another area, to give them more room. Well, that and I was getting stepped on, and as stated above, I like my personal space! Anyways, that was bad enough, but after a while, they left, and there was peace and good will toward man. Then they came back. And proceeded to be noisy, pushy and rude again. By this time I was getting annoyed, and was not being quite so pushable. Anyway, the older woman decided she didn't want one of the books. So she just kind of stuck it on the shelf, glaring at me like I was trying to steal her purse or something! I just smiled sweetly and was about to start reading again when she decided to really tick me off. She's like, "Hey lady, just be glad it's on the shelf and not on the floor!" And then stalked off, the storm clouds roiling behind her!

Ok, I'm an easy going person, but that seriously ticked me off. I was being more polite than necessary, I had not said or done anything. I do not dress like most of the people around here, sure, since I was wearing jeans and heels and a nice top, nice makeup, and most people don't take time to change out of their pajamas around here. But for some reason, I was the one who got to be yelled at!

So yep, that annoys me! Whoa, got a little long winded there!
Ita Est

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

Looks like I've opened a large can of worms here...

Go on people let that anger out...

Vent your spleens all over this thread...

Let that healing begin !!!
:lol:
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

Yeah whiny kids are so annoying.

Here's a few more:

-Babies sceaming in the mall

-People talking in the theatre (during a film)

-Someone clipping their toe nails - clip! clip! clip! clip!

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

How about these ones....

- people with there Loud car stereo systems....

- shoppers who pick up basket balls and bounce them all around the shop....

- Also shoppers who let there kids run around the shop....it is dangerous, we offen pull out a pallet load of stock....I have to be watching....when I'm moving stock...

- and the parents who do not watch their kids, in the shop....as the kids pick up this and that....

The shop where I work is full of dangerous stuff....in the hardware section.....all storts of tools....

Dragonfleet
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Dragonfleet »

Oh man so many...

- People who wait until the last second to use their indicators
- Tailgating
- People doing burnouts in suburban areas
- When someone says 'like' every second or third word. "Like you know like lets go and like go to the movies like that would be cool" Arghh!
- People talking in the cinema or theatre or when a mobile goes off. =/
- People parking in disabled parking zones without a disabled sticker
- People smoking in no-smoking areas (Hell, I despise smoking altogether)
- When someone goes on TV and says that such and such is completely false or disgraceful or wrong but doesn't elaborate and explain why that is so and their sources. =/
Last edited by Dragonfleet on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

- Speed bumps....

Just yesterday someone speed down a road with speed bumps in it....and crashed into a car parked on the side of the road...There was no one in the park car, and no one appeared injuried, but the back of the parked car was smashed in, and so was the front of the other car.....

If people want to speed they will, end of story....

Ranryu
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by Ranryu »

-people that own cars that are worth more than the condemned trailer they live in; or more than what a new one will cost.

-people that complain about being poor or not having enough jobs around their area when it is filled with places needing workers and pays excellent for the area.

-Deer that don't look before crossing the road just to stop in front of my car. :lol:

-people that walk in to your professorial place of business and try to tell you how to do it.

-people that walk into a large department store and treat the workers like their own person slaves.

-people that treat every one that they meat as dirt on the bottom of their shoes because of their perverse illusion of the world about them.

-people that follow cliche's, stereo types and prejudgments to the extreme all because they don't want the effort or responsibility of thinking for them selves.
When in Doubt Reload and Repeat.

(\__/) This is Bunny.
(='.'=) Cut, copy, and paste bunny onto your sig.
(")_(") Help Bunny gain World Domination.

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Some time ago, I was walking down the street when a dog (a Doberman Pinscer) jumps off this guy's porch (he was sitting right next to the dog on a chair on the porch) and, without barking, runs out into the street, right at me, and jumps at my throat. Luckily, I was paying attention and was carrying my 'man-purse' (aka my backpack), so as it approached me, I slid it off the one shoulder I was carrying it on, and around in front of me, and when the dog leapt at my throat, I bashed it in the nose with the pack, stunning it. Then, I kicked it in the throat to discourage it.

Now, after all of that time, the owner of the dog finally says something, and that was to yell AT ME about kicking his dog. I then offered a lawsuit and kept walking. I never saw that dog out in the front yard again.

I am a dog person, but that guy had trained his dog to attack people. Dogs will not naturally just go after a person without calling a warning, as this one did. Some people are idiots, most assuredly.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain