Pet hates...

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

Good grief, Aldan! Thank goodness for your presence of mind!

Talon Sinnah
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Talon Sinnah »

Should of kicked him harder and the world might not of had to worry of that mut.
I am the poet of the body and I am the poet of the Soul. The pleasures of heaven are with me and the pains of hell are with me. The first I graft and increase upon myself, the latter I translate into a new tongue.

-Walt Whitman-

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Since I never saw the dog again, who knows if I DID kick it hard enough or not... I sure don't.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

Man, that's scarey! I would've kicked it too!

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

Grand Evander wrote:I am so thankful for the law in New York State that imposes an incremental $100 fine on anyone caught driving with a cell phone!

I also dislike people who refuse to shop for clothing anywhere other than the major brand name stores. I guess some people just love throwing away their money...
I agree if they are going to pay $50 for a pair of ripped jeans they can come see me and i would be glad to give them an old pair. Another big one of mine is people who think that they are better than everyone and know everything.
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

Another big one of mine is people who think that they are better than everyone and know everything.
Yeah, all those people who THINK that they do just get in my way, the bleeding ignoramuses! :roll:

I hate people who use race as an excuse. They might call it a 'reason' but it's only an excuse. Can't we just live in the present??
---Mark Twain

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

omg this isnt really a pet peeve but it pissed me off. Some girl kissed me in the middle of one of our school dances and then got mad at me because "everyone" was talking about it... :roll:
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I believe that would qualify as both not accepting responsibility for her own action as well as a complete lack of thought. Brains really DO have a use! No, really! They DO!!
---Mark Twain

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

They are teenage girls, they don't HAVE brains, makes it a bit hard to use them.

A friend of mine has fallen in love with a girl 4 years younger than he is, so still a teenager, and she's playing him against his best friend. I really, really want to take her behind the woodshed and give her a few lessons on screwing with people's hearts!
Ita Est

Grand Evander
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Grand Evander »

Girls like that deserve whatever they have coming to them. A few years ago, I had the same problem with my best friend and a girl 3 years younger. He fell in love with her and then accused me of trying to break up his relationship with her for my own ambitions. To make a long story short, a fourteen year friendship almost ended in 3 months because of a younger girl who neither of us talk to now. That was not a life lesson I ever wanted to learn.

Playing with people's hearts is a travesty. I say, good riddance to all puppeteers...
Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis

Mornara
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Mornara »

Amen Evander! Male or female, there is no excuse for messing with people's hearts like that. If you want to have fun, just keep em running and guessing, works for me! Wait, um, doesn't work, cause they don't go away...

This leads to another pet hate: Guys who view you as a trophy to be hunted down and mounted on the wall. As long as you don't let em get close, all is well, and you will never get rid of them. Let them catch you and they stuff your heart and mount it on the wall. And people wonder why I choose to be single!
Ita Est

thegreentick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by thegreentick »

I am going to make a list and it is probably going to be very long. I'll probably come back and add some later too. A lot of stuff about this world annoys me.

Stupid people who try to act smart.

Ignorance, or more specifically, people who are ignorant about something and refuse to listen to reason when it is offered.

Thoughtless chain emails that you're supposed to send to people you care about. Heck, if you care about them, take the time to write them an email yourself!

People (girls mostly) who grab food off my plate without asking. If they ask, I say yes most of the time, but there's something called consideration that some people need to learn.

Women who feel they are entitled to being absolute idiots during "that time of month. If they have a problem with their temper/attitude, that's fine, as long as they realize it is wrong to do and at least apologize. No one is entitled to treat other people badly.

Men who feel that they are entitled to being a brainless idiot just because the media puts them across that way.

Men who treat women like trophies.

Women who think that ALL men treat women like trophies.

People who can't live without a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's called having worth all by yourself!

Girls who ask if something makes them look fat.

People who don't shower or wear clean clothes.

People who treat those who don't agree with them like they are stupid.

People who say chivalry is dead.

The man who writes articles like the following: http://www.av1611.org/crock.html (It explains the evils of Christian rock music. Absolute load of rubbish.)

That's it for now.
"God is looking for spiritual fruits, not religious nuts."