Beliefs, is there a right or wrong way?

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Beliefs, is there a right or wrong way?

Post by Believer »

You look around the world, and there are so many beliefs, Christianity, Buddhaism, Islam, paganism, There are so many beliefs, so many ways, but are there really any right or wrong religions? Religions struggle for others to "join" them or believe their ways, yet take Christianity for an example....They all believe in Jesus right? So why is there this struggle over trying to get others to believe their ways? is it because they feel it is the "right way"? and they are trying to correct the "Wrong" that you have learned? Please no disrespect intended here, I'm just trying to get others point of views here, and trying to learn more of the other ways of religions. What is so important in some religions, that is not taught in others? Again, I'm sorry if I was disrespectful or offended anyone.
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage. -Ambrose Bierce-

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

Everyone believes in something, but not everyone's beliefs are the same, for some, God looks like George Burns, for others some grey haired, beardy guy, and yet others that God is a she !

There is no right or wrong way to have faith, the problem is when faith no longer remains a belief but becomes doctrine, If I believe God is a pink bunny wearing a policemans helmet and a tutu, that's fine, if I try to ram it down your throat, then that is wrong. What I'm saying is, I respect anyone's right to believe what the hell they like, try and tell me what I believe and I no longer repsect you !
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

I totally agree with you. I go to the religious rooms in yahoo chat, and it seems they everyone is trying to tell you how your way of believing is wrong. i told the room some of my beliefs, and they thrashed me, attacked me, and tried to condem me without allowing me to explain my points of view. I will never preach to anyone, but I will debate, to simply defend my point of view against those who attack my way of believing. It may not be the "right" way, or their way, but it is my way

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Well most Christians go to church….. A lot of churches teach the belief that unbelievers will go to Hell forever, that you have to believe before you die…. Also a lot of Christian sites on the net teach the same thing…. Some church goes just go to church every Sunday and listen… But a number of church goes will think that they have to go around trying to save everyone, so that these people don’t go to Hell….

A belief that is based on faulty translations of the bible…..

Of course over the history of Christianity many different believes have come along, there was one SV member some time ago, who believed that you had to be baptized, believe wasn't enough.....

If the person strongly believes you have to do something to be saved, they will then argue this point to other believers who don't hold this view.....

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

If people paid more attention to love and compassion and kindness instead of playing the game of 'I'm right, you're wrong', life would be a hell of a lot easier. We all come from the same place. Religions tend to seperate people sometimes and it shouldn't be that way.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Totally agreed. People go through saying you have to do this you have to do that in order to be saved, yet that is THERE way of believing. It gets me thinking that people don't look through Gods eyes or even Jesus's. Do you really think God cares what religion you are or in what way you worship him? I don't.

In my opinion, i think it matters most to god that if you believe in him or not. It matters not HOW you believe in him, it just matter that you do believe in him.

yet this brings me to another point. God put us on this world with the ability to choose. Those who are satanists, and talk bad and disrespect God, yes, you will go to hell. But in a way, I do not believe that just because you don't believe in him, that you choose not too, you wont go to hell. Why should we condem those who do not wish to believe in god when it is simply another belief? if that makes any sense at all

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

God cares for all of us equally and loves us all, no matter if we believe in him or not. However I do believe he does care about what we believe in, he want us to all believe the same way. If we all believed the same way, then that would end the arguments…
Those who are satanists, and talk bad and disrespect God, yes, you will go to hell.
No I disagree, those would go to the “Lake of Fire” for a period of time, for cleansing, before going to Heaven…, which I explained in my blog…..

I don't believe in the Hell that is preached by the churches....

Hell is a translation of a number of Greek words which mean different things....

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

Aye, DK, it may end the arguments, yet if everyone believed the same way, then how could one learn from one another? How can we learn different things, different ways, different customs. if we believe in the same way, then people will simply find something else to argue about.
No I disagree, those would go to the “Lake of Fire” for a period of time, for cleansing, before going to Heaven
That could be true, depending on your believes, yet not everyone is able to be cleansed in my opinion, so therefore there must be some type of hell to keep them.

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

If we all believed the same way we could still learn about different customs, different things, not everything is based on religion…..

One will not have to learn about religion from one another at the end of the ages. God will have give people understanding…….

1 Timothy 2: 3 for this is ideal and welcome in the sight of our Saviour, God,
4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

At the end of the eons {ages}, there will be no arguments…. There will be friendly discussions… People will love one another… and live happily ever after….

In my opinion everyone is able to be cleansed, God is the one doing the cleansing…

I believe what few Christians or anyone else believes…. It is that Jesus Christ will have everyone saved….!!!!!!

1 John 4: 14 And we have gazed upon Him, and are testifying that the Father has dispatched the Son, the Saviour of the world.
15 Whoever should be avowing that Jesus is the Son of God, God is remaining in him, and he in God.
16 And we know and believe the love which God has in us. God is love, and he who is remaining in love is remaining in God, and God is remaining in him.

Believer
True Visionary
True Visionary

Post by Believer »

I can see your point, but I can say from personal experience, that if it was not for other religions, i would not have the pleasure of learning some of the things we do. Different religions and different beliefs may result in some argument, but if you look around, no matter what the topic is, there will always be disagreements. But never the less, i do see your point.

As far as everyone being saved, I'm sure the devil will play a part somewhere to prevent that, or at least attempt too

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I can't see there being a 'hell'. It makes no sense that a good, and loving God would torture his own creations.

Neurolanis
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Neurolanis »

There is a right way, one you can only find on your own, but one which you can be helped to find through inspiration of the beliefs, thoughts and ideas around you. Life is love, or more literally the flow of life is passion, which is an expression of love. I'd recommend reading mythology and exploring into all the major religions because they all hold some piece of the universal puzzle called life. But ultimately the final piece of the puzzle is your own heart.