What are your hobbies?

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

LadyFlame
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

What are your hobbies?

Post by LadyFlame »

Another curiosity strikes me.

What do you guys like to do for FUN?

I love riding horses-have been taking lessons and it is so exciting and a ton of fun! I LOVE to canter- working my way up to the galloping full speed down the pasture, and will one day have my own.

I write music and play guitar...taking lessons so I can learn to improvise and do a little soloing....nothing like Jimmy Page or Eric Clapton though! :wink:

I love going to the shooting range. I'm a pretty good shot, and we shoot all caliber handguns. Sometimes we go to tournaments where you shoot in 'life-like' situations (someone is attacking you or has a hostage, ect.). Shooting, when done with respect with safety, is a BLAST! :rofl:

I also, though I don't get to do it often, LOVE archery!

ANyways, tell me what you guys like to do for fun!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

Ambrose Redmoon

www.myspace.com/nanyanasummer

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

Art and science.

Art: sculpt, sketch, paint.

Science: astronomy, geology, paleontology.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Qray

Post by Qray »

Dr. Leeds : "What do you do to relax?"
Doug : "Well, play golf."
Dr. Leeds : "Ah, it's a great game. How often do you get out?"
Doug : "Well, let's see, uh, never. Yeah, never. I'm gonna have to cut back though. That's really gonna hurt."
-Multiplicity

I play golf...er...well, I used to. No time for it now.

Um...I used to shoot bo, but I dropped out my archery league. Not enough time.

I used to race motorcycles, but ran short on both time and money.

Let's see...rappelling, mountain biking, camping....nope, not any more no time. Volleyball, nope knees are too bad. Same for softball.

I read.

Hey! I race bmx. I still manage to do that. Though if I can't scrape together enough money to finish my new bike, I might have to drop that too.

I think I'm in a rut.

I guess I come here for fun.

Man, I suck.
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.

FantasyMan
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Post by FantasyMan »

Qray wrote:Hey! I race bmx. I still manage to do that. Though if I can't scrape together enough money to finish my new bike, I might have to drop that too.
me too, but i am more into mountain biking...the one BMX track in our area is like an hour's drive away
"We have nothing to fear, but fear itself"

-Franklin D. Roosevelt

R.I.P Aldan we know now, that you are in a better place

Bmat
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Bmat »

I guess that I moderate sf sites as a hobby. :lol:

I read, and I listen to music and watch movies. My latest interests are Japanese Samurai films, and books and TV programs about American colonial times. I read a lot of mysteries and sf. I spend most of my "free" time choreographing for and developing the fitness and dance classes that I teach, working at home part of being self-employed.

I collect Netsuke.

I crochet, but haven't for a while, so must start up again. Especially considering that about a 6th of this room is full of crochet yarn.

Bread Butterbeard
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Post by Bread Butterbeard »

I Read

I Play video games (mostly Final Fantasy)

I practice Martial Arts

I practice sword fighting
"The world you know is over Grandmaster Shard, will you stand and fight for your people, or let them slip into darkness?" Tartikoff Greenwood to Brayan James Shard

Fifthwind, Terry Brooks, Legends

aldan
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by aldan »

I'm a lot like Q... in that I have no time to do anything anymore. I used to do some hiking, climbing, rock climbing, simple mountain biking, snow skiing, archery, a little shooting and stuff like that. However, my bow was stolen, my skis as well, the guys I climbed with have moved to other states and I have no equipment (was stolen), my hiking stuff I haven't done for a long time (Can you say 'stolen'? I knew you could!). I still have a mountain bike, but it's only pretty much a street bike, as my off-roading bike with the full suspension and such got stolen. *sigh* :cry: Most of the stuff was stolen at the same time, though the bike was just last year. *shrugs* Such is life.

When I have time, now, I come on this site and will post a bit. Every once in awhile, I'll post a poem or three as well. If I ever get another job, I should finally be able to actually do things regularly again....
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and to appear stupid than
to open it and remove all doubt."
---Mark Twain

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

I use to do drawings.... and I use to read fantasy/sf books...I do work on stories once and a while... but mainly I read up on religion.....and try to find time to do blog entries...

clknaps
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by clknaps »

I read, write, compute (like now), watch tons of movies (but never TV), listen to music, and play games.

Very sedentary activities, I admit, but hey, I'll never fall off a cliff or break my leg doing them. :)

NEWS FLASH: "Woman falls to her death while playing Medieval Total War: II" (film at 11)

LOL!

CLK
She sells seashells by the seashore.
Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
I shot the city sheriff.

Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Ariel »

I enjoy making jewelry, floral arranging, growing herbs in containers in the warmer months, and other things when time allows, listening to music, reading, caring for my pets, posting in forums, watching movies, hanging out with Neuro online etc.

Darukin
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by Darukin »

1. Writing (duh) + Story and World creation

2. Art:
Character design sketching / drawing etc
3D design, mainly character modeling / design / digital sculpting / texturing etc ( I got some awesome software for this stuff ^^)

3. Video Games! (Mainly Warcraft and Final Fantasy)

4. Sports mainly Basketball / Volleyball

5. Politics

6. Movies + Animes

7. Computer Programming (Game programming mainly, I use Flash Actionscript / Visual Basic, currently learning C++)
"There's no point in hiding in fear from the only explanations that make sense."

MrB
Casual Poster
Casual Poster

Post by MrB »

Football (soccer), Comic books, collecting cheesy scifi movies from the 50's and 60's, a bit of Squash, a little mountainbiking, sometimes photography, mucking about with computers (at the moment I'm trying to build a jukebox), Gaming (XBOX360, Wii, etc)

that's about it really...
You can't dangle the bogus carrot of possible reconciliation in front of my face whilst riding some other donkey.