Giant sea creatures do exist!

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderator: Bmat

who me
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by who me »

for some reason i remember back in grade school the teacher was telling us how all life depends on the sun and its light. now being me I
A) keep my mouth shut
or
C) said rubbish.
that is right C is the answer, so then the teacher asked me if I know of any life that does not need the sun to live so i start to tell every one all about the hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor, and the 8 foot tube worm that live there, along with crabs an shrimps.
after i am done the teacher says that is a exception.
so being me I
A) keep my mouth shut
or
C) said what about cold seeps?
that is right C is the answer.
so then my teacher said that fascinating as this was today we are talking about animals in the zoo...

Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Post by Boikat »

who me wrote:for some reason i remember back in grade school the teacher was telling us how all life depends on the sun and its light. now being me I
A) keep my mouth shut
or
C) said rubbish.
that is right C is the answer, so then the teacher asked me if I know of any life that does not need the sun to live so i start to tell every one all about the hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor, and the 8 foot tube worm that live there, along with crabs an shrimps.
after i am done the teacher says that is a exception.
so being me I
A) keep my mouth shut
or
C) said what about cold seeps?
that is right C is the answer.
so then my teacher said that fascinating as this was today we are talking about animals in the zoo...
As a general rule, it takes some time for recent discoveries to make it into textbooks or to be incorporated into lesson plans. That's why some teachers incorporate "current events" into lesson plans.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Magus
Writer Extraordinaire
Writer Extraordinaire

Post by Magus »

So, Pim, what ever happened to option B? Or is that just something you can't post in leu of public access?

:wink:

LightBrigade
Site Regular
Site Regular

Post by LightBrigade »

Magus wrote:as well as the complete lack of ANY evidence other than that photograph, is far more than enough to disprove the myth.
Dark Knight wrote:While someone made a hoax, there is more to this Loch Ness Monster... In fact there is more than one photo.
Magus wrote:I'm no more inclined to believe in the existence of The Loch Ness Monster…
Of what I have read about the Loch Ness monster, I must agree with Dark Knight. I agree with Magus in that I am not ready to adopt any easily reached belief in cases where natural laws as we know them to this day seem to recede, and where the odd prevails. In those cases, I explore, observe and leave my findings open to continuous information feed.

Arriving at any belief, adopting any belief in a final manner, is something I face with considerable scrutiny. In this process, logic and knowledge are sometimes complimented by further faculties, as it has more or less always been with the human being.
When people agree with me, I always feel that I must be wrong. -- Oscar Wilde --

Dark Knight
Artisan Wordsmith
Artisan Wordsmith

Post by Dark Knight »

Magus wrote:Could you expand on the multiple photos? Taken by other people? Do you know when these photos were taken, and by whom?
well that I don't know... I have over the years heard of different pictures...

I would have to serach around like on the net... which I don't have time for...

but if you yourself what to do more looking there is:

http://www.lochnessinvestigation.org/

and you can always serach for other sites...
Magus wrote: Personally, people will believe what they want to believe, and there's rarely ever any steering them away from it. These were either hoaxes as well (either perpetuated by the same people as admitted to it in the first, or by other copy-cat offenders) or people misconstruing the actual image taken, and believing it to be a picture of the ever allusive Nessie. The latter is what's known as confirmation bias: "the tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions."
Looking around "www.lochnessinvestigation.org", one can see that a number of the images are actual other things and therefore are people "misconstruing the actual image taken, and believing it to be a picture of the ever allusive Nessie"

and there is what looks like to be another hoax...

that is not to say that this is the case with all images or sightings...

My view is it may exist....