speculative visionscience fiction and fantasy

Richard Gere is here in town filming Hachiko

Want to discuss something else? Anything goes here!

Moderators: Bmat, Qray

Bookmark and Share

Richard Gere is here in town filming Hachiko

Postby Ariel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Yup right here in my home town! Elsewhere in rhode island as well. Anyway, we have an old train station and for the movie it is being called "Bedridge Station". They are transforming storefronts with the shop owners permission. So yeah, this is to be a true story about a dog and a man. A sad story. One I will certainly see.

For work, we have to take a detour of course because we arn't allowed near the set. This is exciting for our tiny city. :D

They said that Gere was here in D :lol: ecember walking downtown unrecognized. I mean, here in Woonsocket? Yeah, who would suspect? I would've said, hey I saw a guy that looked like Richard Gere. LOL
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby fanuilh » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:21 pm

Kevin Bacon was in Columbia a couple years ago filming a movie, too. I don't live in Columbia so I never had a chance of running into him. Mel Gibson filmed "The Patriot" around here somewhere, and Will Smith and Matt Damon (and a bunch of other big names) filmed "The Legend of Bagger Vance" down the road from here. Seems it's cheaper filming in places other than Hollyweird or New York.

I heard Richard Gere is a bit of a jackass -- which might go with being a successful movie star, I don't know. Barbra Streisand filmed "The Prince of Tides" in Beaufort years ago, and when it was over the townsfolk couldn't wait to see the back of her -- she made no friends there. Was quite nasty to the people who owned the house she rented, wanted to tear out and redo everything. It was a historic house and the owners had paid big bucks to put it back in the form it was in originally. Sheez.
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss
fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Boikat » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:41 am

After hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, several productions moved to North West Looozeeeanner, and set up shop in Shreveport. They are still here. Jack Black is somewhere around here shooting "Year One" (1). Other movies being shot are, "Tekken"(2), an "Untitled Ice Cube" movie and "Soul Men"(3).

"Welcome Home Rosco Jenkins" was shot here, at least in part, as was "The Mist", and several others over the last two years or so.

Filming movies has become a more or less permanent industry here, though there doesn't appear to be swarms of paparazzi or groupie cults popping up, yet.

http://louisianamovies.blogspot.com/

(1) Comedy based on "Genesis", staring Jack Black. Details are scant, but it sounds like it's along the same line as "The Life of Brian", and based on a script by Harold Ramis, who is also the executive producer.

(2) Live action "Beat-Em-Up" movie based upon the video game.

(3)Soul Men is the story of two back-up singers that get back together for a tour after their former band leader dies. Samuel Jackson and Bernie Mac star.
"I reject your reality, and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Boikat
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Ariel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:20 pm

That's so cool Fan and Boikat. It's so strange seeing all these trucks and tents and lights. Hey, big excitement for a small town. LOL

The story is about a proffesor who has an akita dog that greets him at the train station every day. One day the professor dies, yet the dog faithfully arrives at the station every day for 7 years!!!! :cry: I'll cry buckets I just know it!
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby fanuilh » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:52 pm

I'll never see it. I'd make an idiot out of myself in public, bawling like a baby. Probably won't rent it, either, so I can bawl like a baby in the privacy of my own home.
"Never look at the trombones, it only enourages them." -- Richard Strauss
fanuilh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Loxley » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Well, me for one, I was there when Krister Henriksson was playing the lead role in one of the Wallander movies. Swedish detective films are so...great. :roll:
Celtic - An alternate history RP

Loxley's blog

"A man must do two things in life - love women, and pay back his friends." Ryo Saeba, City Hunter
Loxley
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ariel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Got a glimpse of Hachiko today playing with someone (the trainer I guess). :D Nice dog.
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby Qray » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:06 pm

They'll be shooting some scenes of the latest Michael Mann movie "Public Enemies" in Oshkosh. That's 30 miles south of me and the town I race in every week.

Production scout Robert Medcraft has already toured the Grand Opera House and commented that Wisconsin is a favorable place to shoot because of the remarkable condition of the period structures in the state. They've already put out a call in the state for period vehicles.

Johnny Depp is expected to play the lead role of Dillinger, the robber whose Midwest crime spree ended when FBI agents shot him to death in Chicago in July 1934.

That's right, Katie...I said Johnny Depp. :twisted:
I'm going to die the way I've lived...poor, screaming, and naked.
Qray

Blog: View Blog (49)

Postby Ariel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Johnny Depp????? Q, I'll be right over!!!! :D
Katie, are you with me?
Ariel
Resident Author
Resident Author

Postby SpookyKatie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:22 pm

... Lets do it!! I'll get the rope, Ariel you get the chains.

Johnny Depp came here a few years back when he was filming Edward Scissorhands.
Iron Skirt Kate, SV's very own super villain.
Art is love, love is art **Up-Date**

And take that old dusty road over to my blog!
SpookyKatie
Adept Scribe
Adept Scribe

Return to Off Topic Conversations